Good Girls Revolt Cancelled

Good Girls Revolt Officially Dead

Good Girls Revolt‘s cancellation will stick.

Despite producer Sony Pictures Television’s efforts to find the period drama a new home in the wake its December axing at Amazon, the series will not see a second season, series creator Dana Calvo confirmed on Wednesday.

Good Girls Revolt won’t be airing on another network,” the EP revealed on Instagram. “We made what felt like a 10-hour play, and I will miss the world and the characters that our cast brought to life. Mostly, I will miss hearing from all of you who said it had an impact. Sending love and thanks today for the privilege of being able to tell stories that bring us closer and make us stronger.”

The series, which was set in 1969, was inspired by the landmark sexual discrimination cases chronicled in Lynn Povich’s book of the same name. The cast included TVLine Performer of the Week honorable mention Genevieve Angelson (Backstrom), Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect), Erin Darke (We Need to Talk About Kevin), Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), Hunter Parrish (Weeds) and Joy Bryant (Parenthood). Newsroom alum Grace Gummer guest-starred as would-be novelist/playwright Nora Ephron.

All 10 episodes that comprised Season 1 were released on Oct. 28.

1. Lucy B says:

That’s really too bad. The show was great and had a fantastic cast. Big failing on Amazon’s part.

2. SUSO says:

Did it end on all cliffhangers?

3. Courtney says:

This infuriates me and saddens me so much. I adored this show. Absolutely loved it. Not only was it well-written and acted, it was also an important story and inspiring. I loved these girls and I can’t believe we won’t get more. I was really hoping Hulu would pick it up or anyone else! This is wild to me. What happened here?!

4. rowan77 says:

Boo! I liked the show very much and really hoped it would find a home elsewhere.

5. Raven says:

Fine get decent inspiring shows and throw them down the toilet! Just when we need strong women examples in this world! You really fracked this up!

6. Pat says:

Never even heard of it! lol

7. drhenning says:

I liked the show for how it reproduced late 60’s NYC.. It was kinda cool to use real life people like Ephron in the show..

8. BickerBake says:

Booo! I really enjoyed this show. I had hoped another network would pick it up for at least one more season. The first one was great and built up the characters and then to end the way it did with no resolution, no pay off and especially no going forward is terrible. I wanted to see the ramifications, the aftermath of the girls’ actions. I want to know whether the boss lady supported them or the paper (or maybe a combination of both). I wanted to see Cindy get on with her life without a man. I wanted to see Jane take control of her life after her first step of rejecting Daddy’s money. I wanted to see the consequences of Patti’s relationship decisions. I wanted to see Doug’s frustrations bring him forward. I wanted to see Denise’s struggle progress and whether the bonds of sisterhood in the office would extend to support her fight. SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES HERE, AMAZON!

9. Leigh says:

The pilot had so much potential! It was inspiring and intriguing. I was so excited for the season to be released and posted my excitement on FB and discussed it with co-workers.

But then the season came out.

Enthusiasm got me through the second and third episodes. By the fourth episode I started to feel as though the show couldn’t really decide what it wanted to do, so it took the kitchen sink approach. By the end, for me at least, it felt like a soap opera that, oh yeah, had a historical subplot.

The actual events upon which the show is based are fascinating. I hope that someone else takes another crack at it someday.

10. Amy says:

I am just so frustrated that Amazon would cancel such a fabulous series with interesting characters and compelling storyline. These were wonderful, strong and complex female roles and by the way, the guys were great too. I keep thinking of these characters and longing to know more. What is going on here? How does a well written, superbly acted program that has such rich subject matter that is both historical and multilayered allowing for a look at feminism, the psychological toll of war, racial injustice, sexuality, the news industry and adult relationships not make it! Crazy mad about this mess up by Amazon!!