Golden Girls Hulu

The Golden Girls Coming to Hulu

Thank you for having… a reliable Internet connection.

The Golden Girls are set to make their streaming debut on Hulu, it was announced on Saturday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena.

The popular sitcom’s complete library will be available to stream, all in one place, starting Monday, Feb. 13 — aka “Galentine’s Day.”

Golden Girls ran from 1985 to 1992 on NBC, amassing 11 total Emmy Awards, including one apiece for leads Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty.

Hulu also announced at TCA that it had closed a deal to stream ABC’s black-ish, while renewing its deals to host Desperate Housewives, Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. kmw says:

That’s great. They are still so funny

2. kirads09 says:

Well, you can still catch Golden Girls reruns on a lot of those “retro” networks. Now I personally want Hulu, Amazon or Netflix to give us the complete Caroline In The City series to stream. I loved that show and notoriously ABSENT.

• Steven says:

Yes! I binged the entire series on YouTube! Such a forgotten gem.

• Chris says:

The problem with reruns though is that they butcher half the jokes to fit in more ad time. I remember seeing an episode where there was a cut and you can hear the end of the audience laugh track, and no joke was made (and I remember the joke that should have been there). They do this on a lot of syndicated shows and it bugs the crap out of me, so I’m glad to see more classic shows go to streaming.

3. Gary Michael says:

I hope that they also gives us the two Golden Girls Spinoffs–Empty Nest and Nurses so the crossovers episodes makes sense.

4. Haz says:

Hulu just keeps getting better as Netflix gets worse. In terms of original movies and TV Netflix is very hit or miss, and just in the past few months they have lost Chuck and Psych, while Hulu and Amazon keep adding original and older content. Honestly if you look at what’s coming and going on each streaming service Netflix is adding less and getting rid of more monthly while other services are doing the exact opposite.

5. readenreply says:

I still have cable. GG is currently running on channels 33, 42, 108, and 179. Seriously.
    Pretty much the same with Rosanne.

6. Cassie says:

I hope they’re the full episodes and not the cut and edited ones on TVLand and Hallmark. :/

7. Amber says:

I may be crying actual tears. No more hopping between tvland and hallmark to watch my favorite show.

Now can someone please make my life complete and start streaming “Girlfriends” somewhere?

8. Yolo says:

So exciting! If we can get All in the Family or the Jeffersons, PERFECTION!

9. Gina says:

I’m not excited because I have watched this series so many times before. It seems Hulu has a lot of old series, cancelled series, and a lot of reality TV shows which it’s the reason why I cut the cord, and I’m about to do the same with Hulu.

10. ToyCannon says:

Perfect. Hulu has been adding so many great older series lately. I find myself watching Hulu more than Netflix. Now if they would just pick up “Murder She Wrote” and “Emegency” that were just dropped by Netflix.