Match Game Ratings

Ratings: Match Game and Chicago P.D. Surge; Star Slips Minus Empire

ABC’s Match Game opened Season 2 on Wednesday with 4.9 total million viewers and a 1.3 rating, surging 44 percent from its freshman finale to its second-best number ever.

NBC’s Chicago P.D., meanwhile, drew 6.5 mil/1.5, popping three tenths in the demo from its last regular airing to mark a 14-week high for a Wednesday episode.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Blindspot (5.2 mil/1.1) returned flat, while SVU (6.1 mil/1.5) rose two tenths.

Over on Fox, Lethal Weapon (6.1 mil/1.4) was steady, while Star (4.7 mil/1.6) slipped a good 25 percent from its December preview, where it led out of Empire.

CBS’ Undercover Boss (6.5 mil/1.2) and Code Black (6 mil/1.0) each ticked up while Criminal Minds (7.3 mil/1.3) was flat.

ABC’s sitcoms all rose, with Modern Family (7.5 mil/2.3) and black-ish (5.9 mil/1.7) hitting 8- and 12-week demo highs.

The CW’s Frequency did 700K and a 0.2.

1. Kevin says:

Hope there’s more Match Game in the Summer (fingers crossed). BTW, how come they didn’t have a recap on the return of Blindspot and did Patterson survive after that cliffhanger?

2. kmw says:

On the one hand Star slipping isn’t a surprise but on the other it did ok without Empire and I think FOX will take that demo number considering where everything else is.Lethal Weapon still doing fine for them and FOX should be happy they are steady.Good for ABC’S comedies they had a pretty decent night

3. wrstlgirl says:

Wonder what they’ll to with Blindspot?

4. AngelWasHere says:

Is it me or was Match Game unnecessarily dirty last night? A lot of the jokes weren’t even clever.

• c-mo says:

Oh thank you, I was hoping it wasn’t just me who thought the show was gratuitously raunchy, it was awful.

• The following post is ONLY for Match Game. For ANY OTHER SHOW, please move on.

Since they bleep both the words and the mouths, the show is as clean as a Disney movie.
        Unfortunately for us. I would prefer an uncensored version on one of your lesser known American networks, or here in Canada where we take a more progressive view.
        That said, I am pleasantly surprised at Baldwin’s comedy/hosting chops and that they preserved the best parts of the Rayburn era and actually improved the show.

I only wish they could have done the same for Pyramid. (Ties broken by how fast you were? ummm…NO!!!! Michael Strahan as host? NOOOOOO!!!)

5. Jan says:

1/4/17’s show was smut. Won’t be watching this again.

• Lou FW Israel says:

I’m sorry to hear that. Which show were you watching? Most of us were viewing a very funny updated version of Match Game hosted by Alec Baldwin. Perhaps you should consider tuning that show in instead.

6. Gerri says:

I was on the edge of my seat during Frequency last night. I HOPE we get some resolution at the end.
    Blindspot was good. Glad Luke Mitchell is still sticking around.

7. Carlynn says:

Can NBC just move Blindspot to another timeslot preferably Mondays at 10?? Is it too much to hope for? Do they care at all for Blindspot? Blindspot deserves a third season!!!!

8. ScottJ says:

I understood Star was a repeat of the first episode. Apparently it wasn’t. I guess that’s the risk they take doing these sneak previews.

9. xyz says:

I like lethal weapon. Blindspot isn’t doing well with me this season. I got the same feeling from Alias. Match game is ok.

10. Eileen says:

Please keep this show on the air. I just love Alec Baldwin as the host. He is HILARIOUS!! I just about die laughing every time I watch. Last night’s show had me in tears with the “NBC peacock” question. LOVE the show!

• Lou FW Israel says:

He is, indeed, very funny and apparently witty (although I suspect he has at least some of his replies written in advance).
      But does he appear glib or a little mean to some of the losing contestants (some of whom deserve it with horrible answers but some who do not)?
      And admittedly a lot of first round questions DO NOT have great answers. (I answered pluck but could not remember the word—would they have accepted de-feather”?)

I rooted for the guy UNTIL he said he was a fan of Celine Dion and bought into the crap that French speakers lie about, that Quebec is a separate country from Canada, WHICH IT IS NOT. Buh bye you ignorant s**t.