Exclusive
NCIS Season 14 Jimmy Palmer Secret

NCIS First Look: You Will Never Guess Where Jimmy Palmer Is....

High drama — to be followed by a big reveal — are on tap for NCIS‘ mild-mannered Jimmy Palmer, as seen in this exclusive photo.

In the 14th episode of Season 14, titled “Keep Going” and airing Jan. 24, the NCIS team is investigating a hit and run when Palmer (played by Brian Dietzen) is the first to notice a man on the ledge of a neighboring building. Jimmy immediately races up the stairs and joins the man on the ledge, in a bid to talk him out of ending his life, while Gibbs and Torres look on.

Bargaining with a jumper, though, is not the only drama on tap for the Assistant to the Chief Medical Examiner. Because by the end of the episode, I’m hearing there will be a very big reveal about Mr. Palmer.

CBS’ NCIS resumes its season on Tuesday, Jan. 3.

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. auntiemm says:

My guess would be either he is now Doctor Palmer or is going to be a father again.

2. Collette says:

At first glance the other guy looked like Nathan Fillion from Firefly era.

3. Vi says:

Haven’t seen much of Palmer this season, glad to see there is an episode that he’s predominate in. After watching the first half, I’m really not too fond of the new additions. Would rather see more Palmer.

4. TDXI says:

The show seems to have imploaded since Tony left. The 3 new people really don’t fit and are just dragging down the show. I used to watch it straight away now it’s sort of well theres nothing on I’ll watch NCIS. All they had to do was just bring in one decent character but they paniced.

• Paige says:

It will be interesting to see what happens under the new showrunners. They have a good reputation and have been with the show from the beginning. My hope is the writing gets tighter again.

I like the new characters brought on this season and think they bring some good energy and potential story lines. However, they are spread to thin to allow any development. My biggest issue this season is I don’t buy McGee as SFA. There was one episode they tried to make him tough, wielding two guns and it just made me laugh. While I do not dislike Bishop, she is too much like McGee. In hindsight, Espisito’s character and even the story line as to how she ended up on Gibbs team would have played better as Ziva’s replacement.

• Mommytoad says:

I agree. I Dr the show watch it later. Now am behind 3 episodes, no excitement to catch up. Such a shame, need new cast.

5. TDXI says:

I hope it turns out that he used to be an English teacher and he is going to teach Torres to speak English.

6. sherry says:

The problem with bringing on three new people is that it takes screen time away from our favorite characters. If they kept one either Torres or the british guy, but please get rid of what’s her name, can’t stand her. As for Palmer, maybe he is leaving the show, because in the last 2-3 seasons he has hardly been on. Michael weatherly wants to bring his character Tony to bull which should be interesting

7. Sue Rich says:

Looks like it’s going to be a good episode.

8. lizzie says:

I’d like to see the revel be that Palmer has some kind of tough guy background. Like maybe he was a Navy SEAL before he went to med school, or he was in the CIA. Something to contradict his meek persona.

9. Sue Rich says:

I know Jimmy Palmer wants to be an NCIS agent. Maybe Gibbs will promote him. I like some of the other ideas, but I can’t see Jimmy as a Clark Kent type. I do like the concept of Dr. Palmer. I know David has been wanting to retire, but when MW left, that put a hold on David’s plans. He was afraid two of them leaving might hurt the show. Maybe the power-that-be have figured out a way to let David retire earlier than planned. He deserves it.

10. Lonnie A Wright says:

I think they should try to get micheal weatherly back and go ahead and make palmer either a doctor or ncis agent and let duckie retire or train someone new

• Sue Rich says:

Michael’s show (BULL) is very successful. I don’t see him returning. But stopping in for an episode might be possible. Maybe to help clear up an old case or something.

11. Lulu says:

Still thinking they need to write out Quinn’s character. The writers seem to be trying to make her appear to be more important or smarter than the others. Actually she’s whiney! And irritating! During tonight’s episode (January 17) did I see some distrust of Quinn by Bishop? Think I saw some issues between them before. Plus Quinn is giving her advice and saying how she knows Bishop well and remembers how she was in training classes; however in Quinn’s introductory episode she said she was sorry but didn’t remember Bishop . Oh, did I mention Quinn is WHINEY?! :)

12. Libby Stone says:

Well I love NCIS,and I love Ducky don’t get rid of him and I would love to have Tony And Ziva ,I love the new conselor , and love the heart Dr that operated on Gibbs,I think your doing a great job, love you all and don’t mess with our Abby