Scandal Season 6

Scandal Catch-Up: Everything You Need to Remember Before Season 6 Arrives

Exactly five weeks from today, Olivia Pope & Co. return for a sixth season of Scandal-ous shenanigans. But before we look to the future, it’s time to ask the all-important question: How the heck did we get here?

Considering it’s been seven long months since the ABC drama wrapped its fifth season — a political rollercoaster almost as unbelievable as the one we just experienced in real life — no one would begrudge even the most die-hard fan for needing a refresher.

To that end, TVLine has put together a cheat sheet gallery to help bring you back up to speed on everything from the presidential race (Grant/Ballard vs. Vargas/Beene!) to the more unexpected romantic developments. (On a personal note, for example, I completely forgot about Cyrus and Tom’s… whatever that was.)

So grab a bowl of popcorn and pour yourself a comically large glass of wine, because we’ve got some madness to rehash. Click here for direct access to the gallery, then drop a comment below: What did you forget from Season 5? And what do you hope to see when Season 6 premieres (Jan. 19, 9/8c)?

1. Brian says:

I just want this show to get good again. Season 5 began pretty good and then it just went to crap.

2. Marcie says:

Seriously? That’s all that happened? I already knew all that and I didn’t even watch the show!

3. Terrier says:

stopped watching in s3. can I start watching again? or are they still tryin’ to make Olitz happen?

4. SGFan says:

I still love and enjoy this show. I can’t wait for it’s return. I wonder if Shonda will have the guts to kill a main character/fan fav this season.

5. Fiberlicious says:

Let’s not forget how much better Cyrus looks under his new weave.

6. Eric7740 says:

Let’s not forget… Olivia aborted Fitz and her baby. And Fitz still has no idea!!! Love Scandal!! Can’t wait for the return!!! I’m counting the days!!!

7. Alichat says:

Hmm…so I didn’t miss much. I stopped watching after Season 4. Just couldn’t take it anymore, and Papa Pope has worn out his welcome.

8. Loli says:

I ship Mellcus. :)

9. Dannie C says:

Thanks for the recap Andy. To be honest I couldn’t remember anything other than Rose Abdoo being in it & Mellie needing the toilet. Still not sure if I’m gonna tune in

10. Cas says:

I personally think it is good. I like the election theme. Except I think we are missing the Trump version now lol. I like Mellie and Marcus together. Cyrus and Tom creeped me out though. I much prefer his husband with him. But I also love Vargas. He seems like the decent human being in this show. Cyrus or Jake as VP is terrible but hey pretty sure our real life presidential race was terrible too.

11. Phil says:

I’ll still watch Scandal, but I no longer enjoy it like I used to. Now, it’s more like “let’s take a look at this wreck”, like when you slow down your car to look at the crash in the next lane. I couldn’t keep a straight face when in the same episode, Olivia said both she’s better than her father, and that beating Andrew to death with the chair felt good. The person she sells lies most to is herself.

12. Lia says:

I love the show becouse of all the crazy stuff….but Olivia’s caracter is getting so annoying

13. Tracee says:

Please put Scandal out of its misery