Sterling K. Brown SAG Awards

Sterling K. Brown Films Emotional Response to Dual SAG Award Noms: It's 'Very Difficult for Me to Process'

No longer content with just making us cry on This Is Us, Sterling K. Brown is now inspiring real-life waterworks via a tearful response to his two (well-deserved) SAG Award nominations on Wednesday.

Brown scored nominations for Drama Actor (Randall Pearson on This Is Us) and Male Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries (Christopher Darden on The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story), and as you’ll see in the video below, he couldn’t be more grateful:

“Thank you, SAG-AFTRA, for recognizing my work twice in categories that aren’t supporting and lead, but just actors,” he says in the video, tears welling up in his eyes. “I love what I do so much, and to be recognized by my peers in this way is very difficult for me to process right now, but also very very humbling and very very cool. I love you, actors. I love spending time with you and getting to know you, and I thank you for recognizing me.”

Are you pulling for Brown to win big at the SAG Awards on Saturday, Jan. 29? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the nominations below.

1. Daisy says:

He does such great work even when he’s playing characters I don’t like (Gordon!). Well deserved. Congrats, SKB!

• Lola says:

Funny you should mention Gordon. I literally didn’t realize that was him til a week ago upon a rewatch of a Supernatural episode. Haha. I’m such an idiot. I wish him all the success. Nice to see appreciative genuine people in this industry.

• Jamie says:

I remember his episodes as Gordon on Supernatural was the first time I looked him up. I was like, who is this guest actor – he’s incredible! So glad that he is getting this well-deserved recognition.

2. ZisforZombie says:

He is wonderful! I loved him in ACS and I think he has the strongest arc in This is Us (and, I’m sure his story line will only get better, knowing what will happen to his biological dad). Congrats!

3. JudyVee says:

A great actor! Very happy for him.

4. Sally McLinn says:

TV is very very good to Black actors.

5. Lori says:

Well deserved nomination and hopefully a win. He is outstanding on that show.

6. Glad he’s being recognized….he was the shining star on Third Watch and Army Wives!

7. Courtney says:

I love this man. He deserves all the success he’s getting. He absolutely deserves it for The People vs OJ Simpson and This is Us. So pleased!

8. Whatevah says:

So talented!

9. Joey Padron says:

Good video he posted. He deserve both nominations. He’s a great actor.

10. LADY_in_MD says:

I didn’t know who Sterling was until I was ACS and was blown away by his performance he is the reason I wanted to start watching This Is Us and I am so glad I did it’s the best new show this season
    Congratulations hope you get to take home two trophies that night!!!

11. Well deserved. His Darden was spot-on, and his Randall is the heart of the show.

12. danoregon says:

He’s been so good for so long. One of those actors you just like and want to watch as much as possible, because he really has a way of making you care about the characters he plays.
    It’s always nice to see someone who has “trudged along” for a few years, finally be recognized.

13. Ben says:

Sterling is the best part of This Is Us, and it made me realise just how good he is (despite having appreciated him before, I just didn’t realise he good he was). I was sad to see he didn’t get two Golden Globe noms, so this is a well deserved correction.

14. Vicky Hernandez says:

Sterling and his beautiful wife, Ryan, were my neighbors when I lived in California. They became dearly, cherished friends and I have enjoyed the work that they both do. I am cheering them both on from Kentucky now and know that good things come to great people that work hard and love what they do so I have faith that their hard work will be rewarded with a solid win!

15. Mads says:

He is wonderful!

16. Loved him since Gordon Walker on Supernatural. He was amazing as Chris Darden in People V. OJ and he’s wonderful as Randall in This Is Us. So proud of him!