Exclusive
Chicago PD Video Sophia Bush Lindsay

Chicago P.D. Sneak Peek: Lindsay's Father Confesses Family Secrets

Chicago P.D. doesn’t return until next year. But with the holidays right around the corner, an early, dysfunctional-family-themed sneak peek feels appropriate.

Lindsay comes face-to-face with her estranged father Jimmy (played by Tony Crane) in this exclusive video from the NBC drama’s Jan. 4 installment, and the meeting goes about as well as you would expect.

Bunny led her daughter to believe that Jimmy was locked up, but Dad has a bombshell for Lindsay: “I’ve been out ten years,” he reveals. “I was married, which is why you didn’t hear from me. We had two boys of our own.”

When Jimmy expresses his desire to be a part of Lindsay’s life now, the detective makes it clear how she feels about him being absent for most of her childhood.

Note: Chicago P.D. returns on a special night — Tuesday, Jan. 3, at 10/9c for a crossover with Chicago Fire. Another new episode of P.D. airs that Wednesday at 10/9c, featuring this family reunion.

Press PLAY below to watch the tense father-daughter chat, then hit the comments with your thoughts on whether Jimmy deserves a second chance.

1. Lindsey says:

Woah 10 years out and a whole new family! Not once calling or try to see her! You know what Erin doesn’t need him or Bunny. She has Jay and Voight and the rest of Intelligence they are her family.

2. PatriciaLee says:

I don’t see the necessity for all of the soap opera. This whole Lindsay side drama it is becoming very boring. I want Voight and the team solving crimes.

3. Doodaa says:

I hope he goes away. Don’t need to watch Erin feeling sorry for herself for the rest of the season while the other characters have no storylines.

4. Zena says:

Why can’t I see it say unavailable

5. ben says:

I hate that I can’t watch this video because of my location. I’m a fan too!

6. Jamie says:

Ugh, she has a crappy bio family. Good thing she is so close to Voight. Her parents can suck it.

7. Michelle bennett says:

J and Lindsey should get married and she should introduce J to her dad

8. Erin Murg says:

I still think Voight is Lindsay’s real Father..
    It will come out someday

9. He totally deserves another chance!

10. Ruby Lee says:

Since my favorite character, Antonio, has left CPD, my interest in the show has waned and yet ANOTHER SL about Erin’s crappy childhood will do little to get me to watch. What’s next? A visit from Uncle Bob and Cousin Sue? There’s so many other good characters on this show deserving of interesting story lines but the writers seem determined to just please Sophia Bush’s followers. Such a waste . . . Oh well, I am looking forward to Chicago Justice and hope they showcase the entire cast, not just one person.

11. Priscilla Allard says:

Lindsay has one father Hank Voight and she doesn’t need anyone to be there for her now as her biological father put it. She has a man in her life and a father both who love her very much. As her character is i am also a strong woman and that is exactly how i would feel. Your loss bye, bye.

12. Jerry Fisher says:

He just needs to leave an get on with the crime solving, love the show.