Exclusive

NCIS Video: Gibbs Takes a Hard Pass on Helping Fornell With [Spoiler] Thrusts

Fornell gets a very rude awakening in this exclusive sneak peek from the midseason finale of CBS’ NCIS — and Gibbs is quite fine with it, thank you.

In the above clip from “The Tie That Binds” (airing Tuesday at 8/7c), Emily Fornell (returning guest star Juliette Angelo) pays her convalescing father (played by Joe Spano) a visit, armed with a very special wake-up call. (And that’s not the only surprise she has for Dad.) Mark Harmon’s Gibbs meanwhile is beseeched to help his roommate with some physical therapy, but… just no. Press play above for some solid laughs.

Elsewhere in the midseason finale, the NCIS team tracks evidence from the murder of a Navy captain — and it leads to Ducky’s deceased mother. Cue flashbacks in which young Ducky (returning guest star Adam Campbell) questions a pivotal life choice he made 37 years ago. Also, the team exchanges holiday gifts.

1. Kim R says:

I really like the Fornell/Gibbs thing…Fibbs, if you will. :D

2. Dannie C says:

Love the banter between them

3. Deb Saine says:

diane would be proud that emily is her spitting image!! :0)

• Ken Woodbury says:

Agreed, and it would be good to see more of Emily on the show. I try to never question the story line decisions, but I have always believed that killing off Diane, was a mistake. Every show that Diane was in, was a keeper. We get to see Mike Frank’s ghost, reappear to Gibbs, from time to time. It would be awesome to see Diane, appear to both Gibbs, and Fornell. That would be fun and interesting. Regardless, still would like to see more of Emily, and Delilah. That is part of the reason that I felt, the addition of 3 new members to the group was overkill. They already have characters, that we need to see more of.

4. Brody77 says:

I can’t fully explain it, but I’ve been unable to watch NCIS since the US election.
    It used to be my favourite show, and I was a huge David McCallum fan. Now it’s soured for me.

5. ragnar51 says:

Great scene, those two are so good together and the boyfriend thing was jus some more icing on a very good cake!!

6. TDXI says:

Who would have thought that Michael Weatherly,leaving would cause the show to fall apart, they have rushed in three new characters that really don’t fit at all. I used to be a major fan but now I don’t even rush to watch it.

• Sandi says:

I totally agree – was my favorite show. Watched reruns on USA weekends and evenings when I was bored. But now…if I catch it great, if not I’m not even sad.