Year in Review
Sexiest TV Scenes 2016 Photos

2016 in Review: TV's 13 Sexiest Scenes

If this TV’s rockin’, don’t come a-knockin’: Yep, it’s time for TVLine’s annual rundown of the sexiest scenes the small screen had to offer in 2016.

Our 13 picks span the sexy spectrum, from a supercharged almost-kiss to a mid-coital discussion of sexual timing, and feature some of your favorite characters from Grey’s AnatomyThe Walking DeadOutlanderInsecure and more. There’s something for everyone… provided that everyone likes plastic-barrier caresses in a time of catastrophic illness. (Thanks, Containment.)

A brief warning, just in case you’re reading this around your boss/mom/kid/: Some of the images are slightly NSFW. And one is really NSFW.

Click through the gallery at right — or for direct access, click here — in order to see all of the lusty shenanigans 2016 had to offer. Then hit the comments with your pick for sexiest scene of the year!

1. Mary says:

I must not watch a lot of TV because I only have seen one of these shows, which I do agree with you take.

2. NC says:

The Meredith/Nathan Riggs scene was anything but sexy. Just look at that kiss! Horrific!

3. wrstlgirl says:

I love Rick and Michonne but I found that couch scene awkward. I don’t know, there was something about it that just wasn’t sexy. Maybe it’s because they’ve just been friends for so long.

4. Kevin says:

The Root/Shaw scene was the HOTTEST and SEXIEST of them all in my opinion.

5. Melanie m says:

I would vote for that Empire three-way with Andre Lyon, Neesa, and the ghost of his wife Rhonda. Creepy but erotic

6. Helvetica says:

While You’re the Worst does a lot of NSFW and unabashed nudity, I’d hardly call any of their sex scenes sexy. I would think the main point of their sex scenes is that they are about sex, not being sexy, and Gretchen and Jimmy’s argument kinda makes that point as well.

7. Ally Oop says:

I just realised how few great sex scenes there were this past year on TV. My vote would have to go to Poldark between Ross and Demelza.

8. Jamie says:

Absolutely Root and Shaw from Person of Interest.They are the best couple ever in the TV. I love all the scene about Team Shoot.They deserved a better ending or keep continue the love relationship.CBS made a stupid decision to cancel this show.

9. JDH says:

Guys, I got redirected from your site like 20 times trying to read this article… What the heck is going on…? I know it’s not just me, because other people have commented on it as well…

10. Kim says:

Rick and Michonne, the best! great chemistry

11. Superfan says:

Thank you for including Pitch…that ‘almost kiss’ was better that a real kiss.

12. Alex says:

Clexa in the 100!!!

13. melaniedhi says:

At first I thought the title was “Most sexist scenes”… which made me realize I would love for TVline to call on some shows

14. N!loofar says:

THE AMERICANS was my favorite.

15. diane says:

So glad 12 Monkeys got recognition for that scene.

16. scifi woman says:

Yes yes yes to the #2 pick, Cassie and Cole (The 12 Monkeys). Their’s is a romance for the “ages”. Aaron’s and Amanda’s chemistry is so powerful that by the end of Season 2 when they finally make love, you can hear the collective sigh of the “Casseroles” throughout the fandom.

17. edward says:

too straight for my taste, 0/10 would not recommend

18. Vi says:

I’m missing Shameless!
    The Ian Mickey ‘almost kiss’ was hot!

19. Starbuck84 says:

Glad to see American Crime Story on the list. Sarah Paulson and Sterling K. Brown had amazing chemistry. Also agree with TWD and 12 Monkeys. What’s completely lost on me is the appeal of Ginny and Mike on Pitch. There’s nothing sexy for me in hero worship type of romances and on top of that they now also always remind me of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and her comment about having had a poster of him in her room as a teenager. Besides, Ginny hooking up with a team mate would undermine her character and therefore hurt the show’s message a lot. Imo anyway. Outlander is an odd case for me because the actors do have a lot of chemistry, but when I don’t watch live I now sometimes find me fast forwarding through the sex scenes because they often seem repetitive and gratitious now. Again, just my opinion though.

20. Wesley says:

The Root and Shaw scene was great, as was that whole episode. It was a real master class in setup. It’s too bad the writers never payed that story-line off. It’s always disappointing when something is so well setup and then isn’t followed through on.

21. Rick and Michonne..that was sexy and i really, really love them as couple!