The View Candace Cameron

Candace Cameron Bure Exits The View

Everywhere you look, there’s another View co-host announcing her departure.

This time it was Candace Cameron Bure, who confirmed her plans to exit at the top of Thursday’s live episode.

“It wasn’t an easy decision,” Bure explained to the View-ers. “Before I started The View, I already had my commitments to Fuller House and the Hallmark Channel. Because of the success of those, my commitments have become even greater with those shows. … I want to make sure I’m able to spend enough time with my children. I thank everybody … for welcoming me to this table. I’ve learned so much from you and I’m so grateful for you.”

Of course, Bure is only the latest in a long line of ladies to leave ABC’s formerly relevant daytime talk show. Raven-Symoné announced her departure in October, citing her new Disney Channel series — a revival of That’s So Raven — as a reason for her leaving.

Will you miss Bure on The View? Drop a comment with your thoughts on her departure below.

1. Belle says:

Thank goodness she came to her senses!!!!! Those awful women are not worth the trouble! Candace you are way better than those big bully’s…onward and upward girl 😊 Blessings

• MLD says:

On the contrary, the other hosts are far more logical and well informed and able to hold their own in discussions. Cameron is sweet but was way over her head on this show and is better off doing her own Hallmark and a Fuller House stuff where she appeals to a target audience. I wish her well in her future endeavors, she seems like a nice person, but they should get someone less ballistic than Jebediah to represent the conservative voice as she comes across as shrill and talks all over everyone else.

2. sweetrupturedlight says:

Candace seems lovely, but she hasnt had an interesting opinion in years. These days she just sits at the table and looks uncomfortable, instead of sharing HER VIEW, even if it isnt popular. I dont always agree with Jedidiah, but she brings her opinion and gets it across. Farewell Candace.

• Mally says:

I don’t think she likes conflict that much, and since her views are a direct contrast compared to lots of people’s on the panel, she can’t say much without being attacked by them and the internet sadly.

• sweetrupturedlight says:

I agree she’s pretty much the lone voice for the republican agenda (although Paula tries too), but I think getting in there and articulating your point is why the show works. Jed and Whoopi are pretty much always at odds, but she gets her point across. I like that about her, even if I dont always agree with her. I guess if the kitchen is too hot, its best that she leaves it. Every ep she’s on, she literally sits for segments on end and says nothing

• Michael says:

I agree, Mally; she’s conservative but doesn’t do a great job of defending those views. This is the best move for her and View viewers. I don’t know if this was ultimately Candace’s choice or the show’s, however.

3. Kevin says:

Really sad about Candace Cameron Bure leaving The View as co-host. Can ABC do something to end the talk show if they don’t have to brains to do so? #sorrynotsorry

4. peterwdawson says:

Not a shock. I mean if you get busy something’s got to give and a talk show does tend to be the first thing to get the axe since that’s the thing you have to schedule other projects around. Kudos for her for as trucking as long as she did, really.

5. Whole Grain Goodness says:

Thank goodness she came to her senses!!!!!
    She’s needed to go since day 1.

6. EJ says:

The combo of Whoopi, Sunny, Sarah and Jedediah is the strongest this show has had in years. It makes perfect sense for Bure to exit-she simply wasn’t a good fit with these mature, articulate ladies.

• Alyson says:

Agreed. It’s good conversation without everyone screaming over each other, too.

• Lisa Moses says:

Lmao! 😂 strong bullies is what they are. sometimes rasict to, that’s what Whoopi is.

• In my humble opinion, the deck on the (liberal) View has been stacked for a very long time, most people who agree with Candace’s opinion(s) and way of life, don’t normally watch the View anyway except to see her. I would rather just never watch the View, but see Candace on Fuller House and The Hallmark Channels. Best wishes in your future endeavors Candace, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! To God be the glory, Great things He has done!

7. Christian says:

Maybe I can start watching the show again. Stick to crappy made-for-tv movies and cheesy Fuller House you moron!

8. Sue Mizer says:

I had always been a lover of THE VIEW, even attended a taping of a show 10 years ago. But now it is just trying to hang on for the sake of hanging on. It’s time to put this show to rest. The present hosts have taken a detour from expressing opposing opinions to pushing their thoughts and opinions on others in a way that seems like bullying. MY OPINION is that Sarah is the ONLY person sitting at that table who takes the time to sit back, really think about a particular situation, and then THINK again before she speaks. When she does speak, it’s calm, carefully thought out and not condescending nor condemning. The remainder of the hosts just use this platform to rant. If I were Barbara Walters or Bill Geddy, I’d be sick about the path these hosts have taken THEIR VIEW!

• ellajasper says:

I totally agree with you. I had to quit watching when Raven came on the show. I just can’t watch, people are rude. Time for The View to go.

9. Super-Fan says:

She’s WAY too good for that crapfest!!

10. Alyson says:

Candace never seemed like a good fit. I think they were hoping she’d be the next Elisabeth, but anytime the show got political (which is daily these days) she’d stay silent or stick to reading her cards. She was in over her head.

11. MMD says:

Not surprised. She was never there and when she was she really didn’t contribute and offset some of the other’s opinions. Nicole Wallace was good and while I didn’t usually agree with her, she got her points across and had the ability to back them up.

• mary says:

I almost never agree with Nicole Wallace but she is incredibly smart and can express her opinion with respect, dignity and she has reasons. The View should have never let her go she was really strong voice. I don’t mind this Jedidiah (I know I spelled her name wrong) but Nicole was great.

12. Susan Haynes says:

She was such a bright light and offered such a refreshing spin on things. Not ALL views need to be so negative, thank you! Good luck Candace & good luck the View in filling those shoes :)

13. herman1959 says:

The show has become such a revolving door, it’s time to cancel it and replace it with something FRESH..

14. Greg says:

Thank goodness, she added nothing to the panel on the rare occasion she actually showed up. She couldnt keep up with the conversation, or see beyond her limited closed minded views of the world. Also I have heard from people who have worked with her on her Hallmark movies, that she is an absolute terror to work with.

15. meg says:

Finally! I am thrilled they got rid of both of these awful former child “stars” since neither had any thoughtful comments and just parroted opinions which they couldn’t support with facts. The group of Sara, Jebediah, Sunny, Whoopi and Joy are a group with different opinions and I certainly don’t agree with them all the time but that is the point. They work well together. Candace didn’t like her “my husband is lord and master” world view challenged and I was surprised it took so long for her to get out.

16. Mary says:

I stopped watching this show when a long time ago unless there was a guest I wanted to see. It hasn’t been good since Meredith Vieria. The couple of times I watch with Candace I wasn’t impressed. She contribute nothing to the conversation.

• Big Cheddar says:

Oh man – the original lineup episode they had a few weeks ago was heaven! The show had such different energy when they first started out. Even Joy was subdued in that episode.

17. jp says:

I don’t really care that she or Raven will be gone. I think the show is in line for a revamp. I know it was trying to bring current topics into the lives of women at home but perhaps it now should consider adding a male or two to the mix. We are not living in those times anymore

18. andrew hass says:

Candace Cameron-Bure probably realized she couldn’t give the View the attention it needed because of her other career commitments.Plus if The View ever needed a guest co-host once in a while maybe Candace would be open to doing that but she doesn’t want to do the View on a full time basis anymore.

19. Dean burrguios says:

She’s to good for that garbage ,tree hugging,hags washed up &racist woopie gotta go.

20. jo mannering says:

Will not miss her one tiny bit. So self righteous and abbrasive. How did Whoopi put up with her so long?

21. Gloria says:

Nah, I don’t feel she is relevant to the issues we need discussed. She’s definitely not enlightened about what the majority of Americans feel. She’s well versed in her area of expertise, privileged.

22. sadly another conservative bites the dust.

23. Kim says:

Good for her. That whoopie and joy are two of the biggest bullies on tv.

24. Paula says:

I am certainly no fan of Candace’s 1950-Ish mindset and personal beliefs… but God help me I absolutely love all of her Hallmark movies (Christmas and mysteries).

25. fatalsin says:

I’d like to see Queen Latifah be on the show or take over when Whoopi leaves at the end of this season

26. BrianR says:

I don’t see how she could stand to listen to the crazy bitches on that show every day.

27. Blondee says:

Happy Dance,,, Candace is so boring…. She is judgemental , acts as though she is better than others and hardly speaks… I hope they replace her with a Latina or Asian woman.. The show needs more diversity!!! There are plenty of very smart women who would do great on that show…….

28. Randy Holmes says:

I only started watching The View, because of Candace Cameron. This show is way too biased and at least we had a Christian Viewpoint, so much for the view.

29. Kathy Alagna says:

Candace glad your concentrating on better television… especially like Hallmark you are one of my all time favorite actresses starring in the Hallmark movies..your Beautuful and a very talented actress. Also looking forward to seeing you on Fuller House. Best decision ever to leave the View.

30. Becks says:

Whoopie is nothing but a bitter racist. Joy is just an idiot. They bully anyone who doesn’t share their opinions. They are disrespectful and intolerant. I’m glad that Candace is rising above and getting away from this horrible show. Barbara Walters had a good idea, but somewhere along the way it just became a bunch of liberals whining.

31. Candace Tuttle says:

Did anyone even notice?

32. In my humble opinion, the deck on the (liberal) View has been stacked for a very long time, most people who agree with Candace’s opinion(s) and way of life, don’t normally watch the View anyway except to see her. I would rather just never watch the View, but see Candace on Fuller House and The Hallmark Channels. Best wishes in your future endeavors Candace, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! To God be the glory, Great things He has done!

33. Jean Nichols says:

Thank Goodness she has left that show! She is so much better than them! I do not even watch “the Harpies” anymore!

34. Kaye says:

I am in agreement with Barbra Walters that the View is no place for child actors. They brought no relevance to the show and am glad that they are now back to a panel of women who are knowledgeable of current events and can bring it to the table.

35. dj says:

Cameron balanced the co-hosts. A woman of substance & can rise to any occasion. Barbara & Bill & Cameron is the mix I favor.

36. dj says:

Barbara Bill Meredith Candice could get show back on track. Strong chemistry is what show is missing. I miss so much about the original concept & hope they get back what they’ve lost. Candice is the perfect candidate to replace Whoopi.

37. Barbara ferguson says:

I hate this show and if they all left I would not miss ay of them