Exclusive
Shadowhunters Season 2 Video

Shadowhunters Video: Brace for Major 'Malec' and 'Clace' Action in Season 2

‘Shippers, to your marks!

We’re less than a month away from Shadowhunters‘ second season premiere (Jan. 2, 8/7c), and in honor of the Freeform drama’s long-awaited return, we’re looking back — and ahead — at the show’s two most intense pairings.

I’m talking, of course, about “Malec” — that’d be warlock Magnus (Harry Shum Jr.) and Shadowhunter Alec (Matthew Daddario) — and “Clace,” the somewhat controversial pairing of Shadowhunters Clary (Katherine McNamara) and Jace (Dominic Sherwood.)

Sure, the couples have a few obstacles ahead of them, like how Clary and Jace recently found out they miiiiight be siblings, but what relationship doesn’t come with a little drama?

Hit PLAY on TVLine’s “Malec” and “Clace”-centric videos below — a mix of fan-favorite moments, plus a few Season 2 previews sprinkled in — then drop a comment: Which couple(s) are you rooting for in Season 2?

1. Drew says:

I’m here for Malec. Clace bores me. But how about more Jimon? Sace? Jace and Simon together, any combination, is also a good thing.

• steve says:

i read the books. get used to clace, jace is completely straight in books, sorta wish the actors had chemistry but the books were awesome

• jules says:

lmao sweety it was never said that jace was straight in the books. you just assumed it lmao

• Alice says:

City of Heavenly Fire, page 446, ‘Sure, he likes you,” said Alec. “You’re heterosexual and have low expectations of father figures.”
          “I think they’ll probably put that on my gravestone. ‘He was Heterosexual and Had Low Expectation.”
          City of Heavenly Fire, page 541, talking about Clace “Straight people,” Alec declared… (As his parabatai, Alec would know?)
          Now sure, Jace could be bi or pan, and just as he’s with Clary never felt the need to mention it, but as he is talking with Alec, who of all people would understand and who is his parabatai, and with all the time since Alec came out for them to talk about it, and they clearly haven’t, I think Jace in the books is someone who it is quite safe to assume is, as he and his parabatai state, straight.
          (sorry your comment was really condescending)

• exolovesbts says:

its not jimon its SIZZY !

• exolovesbts says:

its sizzy

2. Allison says:

I feel like, as a 34 year old woman, I shouldn’t be so excited about this. But, I am :)

3. Libby-Rose Reilly says:

Clace! Clace clace! They are my faves I love them so much! We need more clace!🙌🏻❤️❤️

4. Paula says:

Malec is the only ship that matters to me and the only reason to watch Shadowhunters. Harry and Matt have such incredible chemistry! And I’m another middle aged viewer. This glimpse into season 2 Malec takes my breath away!

5. Shannon SHoemaker says:

Malec is the best, Sebastian will be introduced in 2B, so Clace can be reunited and kiss, they are not related. Sebastian is her brother

6. doollover223 says:

Sebastian will be introduced in 2B, so Clace will be reunited. Jace & Clary are not related. Sebastian is her brother

7. Alyse says:

I really hope the clace “sibling” storyline doesn’t last as long as it did in the books, till the end of book 3, hopefully they resolve it this season.

8. Emma says:

If we could get rid of any of the 3 main ships I’d like them to get rid of Clace, due to the lack of chemistry between Kat and Dom. Then again I’d hate to see Simon and Clary together too. Kat just don’t have romantic chemistry with Dom and Alberto so everything seems force and the storylines they have together are so boring and cliche. I’m pretty sure most of the fandom would have preferred Clary and Isabelle instead and Simon with Jace. But we can only have one token gay ship soooo

9. Alec says:

Yes!!! Can’t wait!

10. Alec says:

I’m so excited for Malec and Clace!!!

11. Agent 86 says:

The more Malec the better. Heck, a spin-off focusing solely on the adventures of Malec would be even better.

12. Paloma says:

CLACE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kenzie says:

I never read the books but I’ve been rooting for Malec ever since they met in the show. Instant chemistry. Their characters just feed off each other and are already showing major growth, even though they’re amazing separately as well. Together, they’re just magical.