Teen Wolf Recap

Teen Wolf Recap: Jeep-ers Creepers

Tuesday’s Teen Wolf was basically just one hour-long fail for Scott, his pack, their parents — and anyone else who doesn’t identify as a Ghost Rider.

To be fair, neither failures were technically their fault. They never stood a chance at protecting last week’s partygoers from the Ghost Riders for a few reasons: (1) They’re just too damn strong, and (2) none of the teens under the pack’s protection were being very cooperative — especially Malia’s no-good sidepiece. What was his name again? (Honestly, Argent’s a scary bearded dude with a gun. If he tells you not to touch anything, you don’t. Touch. Anything.)

Failure No. 2 fell on Lydia’s shoulders — though, again, the events were pretty far beyond her control. Tasked with finding one of Stiles’ relics, anything he may have left behind as proof of his existence, Lydia was granted access to the Stilinski residence. But the second she started ripping off wallpaper in the living room, per the suggestion of another ghostly guide, Mama Stilinski revoked that access. (In other news, I’m officially going all in on my theory that Stiles’ mom is somehow working with the Ghost Riders to keep the pack from remembering her son. Like, I get that you wouldn’t want someone ripping up your wallpaper, but that reaction was suspicious.)

Speaking of suspicious findings, Melissa gave Lydia and her mom — who’s practically a member of the pack now, which I love — access to Claudia’s medical files. They revealed that, although Claudia apparently never had a child, she has been suffering from dementia for the past 10 years; Melissa even noted that it’s a “miracle” she’s even alive. (Yeah, more like a nightmare.)

Anyway, the pack may feel defeated — Scott even strongly suggested that they might be mistaken about Stiles’ existence, after all — but the episode’s final moment revealed just how wrong they are. Stiles did leave a relic behind in the school parking lot… a Jeep that goes by the name Roscoe.

Other thoughts about this episode…

* I know I said this last week, but I’m really digging the chemistry between Papa Argent and Mama McCall. I used to hope she’d end up with Sheriff Stilinski, but now I realize that the obvious pairing of Allison’s dad and Scott’s mom has been staring us in the face this whole time.

* Speaking of relationships I love, Argent and Malia’s father-daughter situation is also pretty adorable. They might understand each other better than anyone else.

* I know that slow-motion shot of Corey, Mason, Liam and Hayden heading into the night was supposed to trigger feelings of Teen Wolf: The Next Generation, but I’m not sure I’m there yet. Or maybe I’m forgetting how inexperienced Scott & Co. were when the series first started. (Please join me in the comment section to hash this out, won’t you?)

* So, is Parrish the key to stopping all of this? Again? The gang should really start going to him first from now on.

Time to weigh in on tonight’s episode: Drop a comment with your review below.

1. Robby says:

I always fast forward through the younger characters scenes. I don’t care if they’re the next generation. They bore the *ss right off of me and I find their one note performances grating when held up to the rest of the characters we actually care about. #NotSorry

• Danny123 says:

Me too. Don’t apologize. They should have died in season 5. This season is still pretty good despite them taking up all the screentime.

• e. says:

I don’t think its really a fair comparison. Scott, Allison, and Styles had a supporting cast surrounding them that was fantastic and gave them a much more three dimensional feel. We still haven’t really met Liam’s dads (could be great at rounding him out), Mason doesn’t have anything interesting about him (by contrast Styles had the adorkable unrequited feels for Lydia, a really fantastic father figure and lost mother who explained so well why he is who he is).

I like the actors involved and its moot point given that the series in ended at the end of this season but if they wanted those characters to be compelling they would have built part of the world around them.

2. abalunda says:

I’m not into the next generation group. I mean I like their characters in small doses and then that slow mo shot of the group was just cheeeessssssyyyyyy

3. Charissa29 says:

The younger ones are adequate but don’t have the chemistry and charisma of the older ones.

4. Nick says:

Is Claudia really alive, I thought she was dead. If I remember from season three stiles and his dad said she died

5. MK says:

I can barely make it through the Teen Wolf 2.0 scenes – it pains me to say, but I’m glad this is the last season if they would be the central characters post season 6. Claudia is definitely evil somehow – why is she literally the only person back from the dead?? Tons more people have been taken and there’s no talk of more people coming back. Of course, guess the ghost riders could alter those memories too. Honestly, this entire season is feeling like filler. Any news on when Dylan will be back to film the 6A finale?? I thought they skipped his scenes in that one to allow for filming. Loving the recaps, Andy!!

6. tina says:

I’m really enjoying how they are using Argent, both with Melissa and Malia. I think Scott’s reaction to Melissa and Argent will be fun.

On the little ones – I like em when they are engaging with the others. I don’t dislike any of them, but I don’t find any of them particularly compelling. I didn’t really like Scott when the show started but Derek and Stiles kept me occupied till Scott grew on me. Eh, maybe it’s because I’m old-ish

Two questions….1) Weren’t Lydia’s mom and the Sheriff having a thing? Did the ghost riders erase that too? 2) Did they drop the Parish and Lydia thing?

7. Cynthia says:

For being a “teen” program…. it’s pretty scary to me lol. I enjoyed it!
    I also think mama Stalinski is not the real deal.
    I do remember how cheesy the 1st Season was, but Derek, Allyson and everyone else made it worth watching until I was hooked! :0)

8. Lisa says:

More questions!
    1) the robbery in 1st episode, the case Parish is working, and the nazi. Wolf teacher are all connected?
    2) did grandpa stiles remembe him because of the dementia or because he lived outside of town?
    3) is the series going to end like Buffy season 3? Where the whole high school is like – ya we know about you, let’s save the town together?
    4) Is Stiles Portugués? Did y’all see his moms last name?

9. Amanda B says:

Since mama Stalinski essentially came back from the dead, she is for sure working with the bad guys. When are they going to show Stiles again!? I mean come on we’re saying goodbye to these guys and yet he’s not in the entire season?? I really hope we see him soon even if it’s in the other dimension or whatever.. also bring back Derek Hale at least for one episode!!

• Nick says:

Dylan, the actor got hurt on the set of The Maze Runner and they stopped production for it and so he was not avail for all of Teen Wolf, which is sad

10. John M Duran says:

I just wanted to say that this episode had a super funny quote; “We’re the people who knows things about the things that most people don’t know about.”

11. Selma says:

So, there’s a question that’s been going through my head. They said that the ghost riders remove people from existence. And the motto or hashtag for season 6A is #remember, right? Then that means that Stiles and all the people that were taken existed before but they just don’t remember them. SOO how come is his mom still alive? Like, aren’t they just NOT supposed to remember what made her die? They took two different routes, because we know that they just don’t remember them, not that they never existed before.

12. Dominique says:

i’m starting to like the “b-pack” so to speak. i’m definitely wamring up to their own scenes an di like that they’ve essentially split the important parts of research among scott and his group, and liam and his group. it’ll help liam grow as a possible alpha, and his group as his pack.
    it was very realistic to watch everyone fail; it doens’t always work out and sometimes you lose, big time.
    argent and melissa are on fire, what a team, i love it!
    what happened with parrish tho? it almost seemed like the ghost rider erased the hellhound part of him, leaving him human.
    again; a little more explaination about things that happen would be so great.

13. louis says:

I’d just like to know when is Scott going to get even stronger,,,, he’s a unique alpha but there’s been no increase in his power to show just how strong he is and why he is a alpha among alphas. He needs to be feared and adored.