Scream Queens' Third Killer Revealed!

Tuesday’s Scream Queens revealed the answer to a question literally no one asked: How’s Grace doing?

You remember Grace, right? From Season 1? Well, it turns out she’s doing swimmingly at Stanford, where she’s currently pursuing her master’s degree in… something. Her relationship with her dad, on the other hand, could use some work — a fact we learned, among other gross things, when he checked himself into the C.U.R.E. Institute.

Since last we saw Wes Gardner, he’s kept busy with a full schedule of growing a beard, sleeping with Dean Munsch, and writing a wildly unsuccessful book about the history of quarters. Oh, he also started eating his own hair, resulting in a giant fur ball that needed to be surgically removed.

And here’s the kicker: During a late-night garbage run, Chamberlain accidentally opened the bag containing Wes’ fur ball and discovered — wait for it — a piece of the Green Meanie costume! His fears were confirmed when a follow-up visit to Wes’ apartment resulted in his own death by stabbing. (R.I.P.!)

Fortunately for the audience, Wes laid out his entire evil scheme before shanking the Institute’s best candy striper: It turns out Grace is actually at Stanford Mental Asylym, a direct result of everything the Chanels put her through back in Season 1. Like any good father, Wes decided to piggyback off the Green Meanie, murder the Chanels and blame it on one of the other costumed killers. (Ladies and gentlemen, with just two episodes left, this season has finally gotten interesting.)

Elsewhere this week…

* In order to help bridge Chanel and Dr. Holt’s relationship-crippling age gap, Hester proposed (1) that she and the other Chanels educate their leader on Brock’s generation, and (2) that they host an elaborate dinner party to show how much she’s learned. Unsurprisingly, the plan blew up in the girls’ collective face, as they greatly overestimated Brock’s age. (Needless to say, he did not enjoy his World War II-themed party.)

* Detective Zayday did some sniffing around this week, and with the help of a handy-loving costume store owner, she traced the Green Meanie costume back to Jane Hollis (aka Cassidy’s mom). She says her psychotic brother wore it to go on a killing spree on the anniversary of Jane’s husband’s death — then died a year later at the hands of a roller-derby team. And now, poor Zayday is her prisoner.

Were you surprised by Wes’ big secret? Bummed about Chamberlain’s death? Jealous the Chanels didn’t invite you to their throwback party? Drop a comment with your thoughts on this week’s episode below.

1. Hanna Kimi says:

Wow! Best episode of the season! I missed Grace! I agree with you. It’s getting interesting with only few episodes left. I hope there would be a third season!

2. leash10 says:

I gave up on this show last week, so of course this episode would actually be interesting and revealing. Oh well, it was good enough to just read the recap.

• Hanna Kimi says:

This season is a bit a downgrade compared to the first one but I think there was an improvement after tonight’s episode l. However, it’s kinda too late? However, i’m still hoping that Fox would give it a chance for a third season with a fresher theme and concept. I think what made it a bit underwhelming this year is because of the hospital setting vibe.

• dan says:

This show ain’t coming back. But, I will love it if it does. This season hasn’t been great, but even with that, I still really enjoy it.

3. Haz says:

Is it me are there way too many characters? I’m not a huge Hester or Lea Michele fan but I will admit she is being under utilized. She barely appeared in this episode. Is she a full time cast member or is she recurring?

• Scream Queens Fan says:

Lea Michele is a regular cast member and I agree that she was under utilized this season. They needed more of her! She’s freakin’ talented and I remember that she’s the only cast member of Scream Queens who got the honorable mention for her performance in season 1 finale.

• HU says:

Hester has been the best part of the season for me. The only mystery that interested me is Hester’s connection ot the GM. I don’t get when people say they aren’t a fan of Lea Michele her two big tv roles she had nailed. You might not like the things the character does but Lea always comes through.

4. T.W.S.S. says:

“Ladies and gentlemen, with just two episodes left, this season has finally gotten interesting.”

Which is why I’m waiting for the season (series?) finale to binge the last five episodes.

5. Matthew Lawler says:

Actually I did ask what happened to Grace and why she wasn’t mentioned in the pilot when we got updates on everyone else

6. Mikey says:

Why can’t I shut off the stupid Star Wars video ad?

7. M says:

Makes sense why the Green Meanie didn’t kill ZayDay in one of the first episodes, if it was Wes.

• Panda says:

I’m pretty sure the killer she stood up to was Cassidy. If you remember his conversation with Nurse Hoffel, he said she scares him

8. JJ says:

This was the best episode of the season!!! They perfectly balanced the horror, the suspense, and the humor. I’m soo excited for the last two episodes!!

• I am the GREEN MEANIE says:

I agree! I was a bit frustrated that the season started getting better on its last few episodes. But I’ll enjoy it while it lasts

9. I am the GREEN MEANIE says:

I can’t stop laughing about the Chanel’s surprise to Dr. Holt, No. 5 is really hilarious there especially with her dancing. Seeing Wes dance was also fun to watch LOL

10. Shay says:

So Grace is in a mental institute while in season 1 finale she was perfectly fine and was the one who welcomed the new girls in the house
    For Wes I knew it when I saw the promo but why he didn’t attack the Chanels except chanel 5

11. Real real me says:

It wasn’t a surprise to me as the third killer was leaked on IMDB last week.
    It was about time to start killing regulars (and not some people introduced in the same episode)…

12. Andrew says:

The one episode Oliver Hudson is in this season and he turns out to be a killer. How predictable.

The only one I want to survive is Munsch. JLC has been really great in the last 2-3 episodes, but that’s about it.

IF the show happens to be renewed, I say they should keep Munsch, kill everybody else off, send her back to the university, and get some NEW characters.

I’m tired of the Chanels and their idiocy, but that’s just me.

13. Tak says:

If Zayday dies I’m out. Forget the Chanel’s forget Dean Munsch OUT!!!!

14. Ono says:

Well, I guess I’m among the few who has been wondering about Grace. So this episode is a great reveal, and connects both seasons nicely. No wonder Hester said she knows who the killer is.

• Ono says:

Oh, and also… who wants to bet that Cassidy will eventually duke it out with Wes in a Green Meanie battle? After all, Cassidy doesn’t want to kill Number 3.

And one more thing, if the show does return for a 3rd season, however unlikely, they can now bring back Grace and set her up as the killer, or at least red herring for one. JLC is definitely being saved for more seasons, since it’s doubtful that Wes will kill her.

15. Victoria Trzeciak says:

What does Wes say before he dies in the frying pool? I can’t make it out. Please help.