Bones Season 12

Bones Photos: Zack (Literally) Needles Brennan in Final Season Premiere

It looks like Zack is trying to cut Bones‘ farewell season short.

So, what potentially nefarious plans does he have in store for Brennan when the Fox drama returns Jan. 3? We can’t say for sure, but we think it might have something to do with the needle he’s holding in this first batch of photos from the 12th (and final) season premiere.

Also pictured: Booth attempting to rescue Brennan, as well as Booth working alongside Agent Aubrey and behavior analyst Karen Delfs (played by Impastor‘s Sara Rue).

Browse the new photos in our gallery — click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your hopes for Bones‘ final run.

1. Steviosjb says:

Calling it now (as i did right after last season finales reveal)
    Zack is NOT evil, he’s trying to protect Bones…..I hope😮

• Melissa Jensen says:

I agree. I think Zack is trying to help her. Booth wouldn’t have listened to Zack and I assume he’ll have a hard time trusting him but Brennan will help him see he’s trying to help. I hope. And I am guessing Zack had to be stealthy because he knows who the killer is or at least something about him and had to get Dr. Brennan to safety.

2. Dmac says:

Clearly, he’s on her side. The pictures are a dead giveaway. Zack would never hurt “Dr. Brennan”.

3. anon says:

How is pointing a huge needle at someone with their hands up in self-protection, protecting her?

If Zack isn’t the puppeteer then he should of told Booth who it is instead of kidnapping his wife after nefariously separating her from her friends, so now Booth has to find Brennan & track a serial killer.

Idk, Zack isn’t lilly white, he should be locked up in jail for helping the serial killer Gormogan anyway

4. kmw says:

Thank you something finally for Bones. Looks scary and creepy. It has been way too long of a wait but it should be good. I really hope Zack isn’t the killer. Cannot wait!!!!

5. kmw says:

I still don’t believe Zack is the killer however he clearly isn’t well by the sheer fact he kidnapped someone he supposedly looked up to and admired. His heart may be in the right place but he went about it the wrong way. I do appreciate the photos but I would imagine that most of these scenes will d be done by the first 20 minutes the cannot keep Brennan kidnapped for the entire hour. Really cannot wait to see what Emily did with her directorial debut. Looks awesome.

6. Wendy says:

Zack helped a killer. No matter his affection for Brennan way back when, he left the “white hats” a long time ago. And I don’t see how holding a needle on someone is “helping” them.

• kmw says:

Well that scene with Zack seemingly holding the needle near her doesn’t sound great at all but usually these scenes come out different when the show airs. I don’t particularly care for Zack but I doubt he is seriously trying to harm her. And I also don’t think Bones is trying to make him a hero either. The truth about his original lie is going to come out and whether Zack really saved Brennan or not wont matter because Brennan will be mad. Also Zack must have had some kind of surgery in the past because he has a scar on his head not that that justifies his behavior. I will see how this plays out it should be good

7. T says:

Bones has been a great show. The show runners and entire cast have always been true to the story and it is refreshing how, in its 12th year, the new story builds on the past. I applaud Fox and the entire Bones team for realizing that it is time to bring it to an end and doing it in a way that is consistent with the history of the show. This consistency and commitment by all is why I have enjoyed the show so much. This is one of the few times that I look forward to the end of a longtime favorite show. I have no sense of “it is time to end” but rather look forward to the wrap up of a show that has evolved its story by growing its characters while still remembering where they have been. It would be really cute if we get a glimpse of Dr Brennan’s closet and see a Wonder Woman costume hanging in the back.

8. Dacia says:

If you look at the photos, it shows Brennan protecting zack. Probably from booth and trying to explain what happened. I say he either knows something or figured out who the killer is and knows they are coming after the team.

9. Donna says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Bones, you can’t take it off the air, I’ve been watching it since it came on the air, Dallas is the only other TV that I was that dedicated too, so Please don’t cancel the best TV program