Luke Cage Renewed

Luke Cage Renewed for Season 2

Marvel’s Luke Cage has been renewed for Season 2, Netflix announced Sunday via the show’s Twitter handle.

The short video announcement features Pop’s Barber Shop, with a sign that reads, “Season 2 coming soon.”

Starring Mike Colter, Luke Cage details the evolution of its titular hero after he has relocated to Harlem and is in the process of picking up the pieces following his failed relationship with Jessica Jones. Having been endowed by a failed experiment with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke is pulled out of the shadows to fight a battle for the heart of his city – forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.

Luke Cage is the third series, after Daredevil and Jessica Jones, in Netflix’s Marvel lineup. Next in queue at the streaming service will be Marvel’s Iron Fist, followed by the eight-episode Marvel’s The Defenders team-up event.

1. lechatnoir says:

Yussss! its the most watched show on netflix

2. Jason says:

Expected, but great just the same.

3. abz says:

Great news. I loved the show. Couldn’t stop watching it. I’d love it if Netflix officially announces how they plan to roll out the Marvel shows in the coming years. I’m thinking it might be this order:
    – Iron Fist (2017)
    – The Defenders (2017)
    – Jessica Jones Season 2 (2018)
    – Daredevil Season 3 (2018)
    – The Punisher (2018)
    – Luke Cage Season 2 (2019)

• Joey says:

That does technically go against their previously stated “only two Marvel seasons per year” declaration, but I hope they rethink it. If they’re going to have so many Marvel shows on Netflix, they really will need to do more like 3 or 4 Marvel series per year from now on.

• abz says:

That’s what I’m thinking. It doesn’t make sense to have to wait 2+ years between seasons (which is what I’m guessing will happen with Luke Cage Season 2 as I don’t anticipate them releasing it any time until after Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones Season 2 and The Punisher air). People might forget a lot of the story and may not always have the time to rewatch the previous seasons. They need to rethink their roll out plan a bit, especially now that they’ve added The Punisher which means waiting longer for future seasons of other shows if they stick to their two show per year model.

• Wilson Fisk says:

Punisher is already filming and confirmed for 2017. The only question is if it runs before or after Defenders.

my guess:

– Iron Fist (2017)
      – The Punisher (2017)
      – The Defenders (2017)

– Daredevil Season 3 (2018, as starting point for Defenders – phase II)
      – Jessica Jones Season 2 (2018)
      – Luke Cage Season 2 (2018)

– Luke Cage Season 2 (2019)

• Wilson Fisk says:

Iron Fist Season 2 (2019)
        not LC again … obviously. ;)

• Arthur says:

it was already stated (somewhere, don’t remember, it was a while ago) that Jessica Jones S2 would come right after The Defenders, they’ll shoot both shows back-to-back, Daredevil S3 might even come after The Punisher since the latter is already shooting whereas DD is probably in pre-production at best.

4. John Jacob says:

I found this pretty boring compared to Daredevil. Many episodes felt like groundhog day. Cottonmouth was the worst “bad man” I’ve ever seen. Love Rosario though.

5. doris says:

Excellent news!

6. Mad Hobbit says:

I would have been more surprised if it was NOT picked up. it has a wide appeal for viewers.personally i have not been able to finish any of the marvel shows on netflix. The story lines and cinematography have been too dark for my tastes. I am hoping IF will be a bit lighter in both storyline and cinematography. Since MOS opened the floodgate for “heroes” to be dark. As for the DC shows,they too are dark,having MC kill.while that is their right,I have a right not to watch

7. leo says:

I thought it was the worst Netflix marvel to date. The actings are horrible, the directing is the same. I like all the other netflix marvel series, but this one is just pure puke.

8. ncmacasl says:

Wonderful news – no surprise. Terrific show and great addition to the Marvel/Netflix family.