Conviction Spoilers

TVLine Items: Conviction Headed to Sundays, Mom Guest Stars and More

Beginning Jan. 1, ABC’s Conviction will move to Sundays at 10/9c for the remainder of its first (and only?) season, per The Futon Critic.

As reported earlier this month, the Alphabet network has opted not to order additional installments of the ratings-challenged drama beyond its initial 13-episode order.

Quantico will replace the Hayley Atwell-starring series on Mondays at 10 pm as of Jan. 23.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland) and David James Elliott (JAG) are slated to guest-star in separate episodes of Mom, TV Insider reports. Malick will play Adam’s ex-wife, while Elliott will portray a sober restaurateur whom Bonnie finds herself drawn to.

* Chris Noth (The Good Wife) will star in the 12-episode procedural drama Gone, which has received a series order from NBCUniversal International Studios. Based on Chelsea Cain’s novel One Kick, the show follows the survivor of a famous child abduction case and the FBI agent (Noth) who rescued her and later recruits her to a special task force.

* Jamie Foxx is executive-producing a limited series about musical icon Marvin Gaye, per The Hollywood Reporter. The project is the first to be authorized by the late singer’s family.

1. yuliya Berezovskaya says:

I read One Kick and its one of my favorite books. However, the character Chris Noth is probably playing is suppose to be in his late 30’s to early 40s. The character of the girl is about 21 in the book. As much as I love Chris, he is 62 and I am not sure that would work.

2. Gerald says:

I think Sunday is a perfect fit for Conviction. PEOPLE Watch this show on Sundays and if the ratings go up in could still get renewed. Fingers crossed.

• amandiya says:

Sorry, but it’s a burn-off. The show has already been cancelled.

• Simon Jester says:

I admire your blind, hopeless optimism. :)

• J says:

I am sad. I really like Conviction.

• Piers says:

Hayley Atwell is the problem. I could barely stand her in Pillars of the Earth and I loved that series. Casting makes or breaks any vehicle. This is an example.

• Freddie says:

@Piers I 100% respect your opinion here and your right to have it. But it just goes to show: Hayley Atwell is the only reason I’ll be sticking with Conviction to the bitter end.

• KLS says:

I am not a big fan of Hayley Atwell’s either. She’s OK, but I don’t see what the fuss is all about. Her name brought in initial viewers, but the show didn’t start well and she couldn’t save it.

• jj says:

I think you’re in the minority here. Most people are watching Conviction for Hayley Atwell. If you look at the articles written about it, most tv critics state that Hayley and her character are the only part of the show that works. And people in the comments sections are agreeing with that. You’re free to dislike her but you’re wrong in thinking she’s the problem with Conviction.

• Piers says:

If you believe what you read and hear in the mainstream media then Hillary was the peoples choice. Nullius in verba. Hayley like Katherine Heigl is not a lead actress. The silent majority doesn’t respond to her.

3. Garbo says:

CONVICTION kinda grew on me. Sure, it is a very basic procedural show, sure I know who the killer is 5 minutes in, every single episode, but what does make it immensely watchable is the lead character, Hayes Morrison. The writers may not be at the top of their game in every other department, but they sure created a helluva role for the excellent Hayley Atwell. SHE is the reason this show actually works. If they could make sure the cases of the week are a bit more compelling, this could be a solid performer for ABC on a slow night like Sunday (OR FRIDAY ???).

4. Rachel says:

I actually really like Conviction, sad that’s it’s on the chopping block.

• DS says:

I really like it too. I wish they would keep it. They never give shows a second chance on a different time if it doesn’t go well at first.

5. Kevin says:

Conviction move to Sundays @ 10 is a good idea with the series wrapping up its remaining episodes for the first and only season if it’s officially cancelled. Don’t know what ABC is going to do whether or not they’re placing Time After Time and Still Star Crossed on Sunday nights.

6. Nero tTVFiddler says:

I guess this move by ABC of Conviction is also a last effort to save Quantico, which is dying on Sunday at 10pm. This is probably Quantico’s last best shot… if the show doesn’t perform much better on Monday at 10pm, there may not be a season 3. How quickly fates change.. just last spring, I thought ABC had a hit on their hands and a star in the making. Just six months later — all gone. What in the world happened? Story line became hard to follow?

• Ally Oop says:

Viewers got sick and tired of the flashforwards (jumping back and forth between the future and present storylines), myself included. Last year I loved the show but this year the episodes are piling up on my pvr and I’m not excited to watch them. I like all the characters but the writers are rehashing the first season’s format and it’s not jiving, I’d rather they just do an Alias-like show and stick with one timeline. Any time the show starts to get momentum, it dissipates because we shift back to the other timeline. That’s a major reason I quit watching How to Get Away with Murder. Too many shows are doing that now and its gotten old quick.

7. dman6015 says:

The dreaded “Sunday at 10” slot. CBS is killing off Elementary there, and now ABC will kill off Conviction.

8. Alicia O says:

Quantico still has all the ingredients for a good show but please STOP THE STUPID FLASHFORWARDS!