The Odd Couple Cancelled CBS

The Odd Couple Not Getting More Season 3 Episodes From CBS

The Odd Couple just got hit with an eviction warning.

CBS won’t be ordering more episodes of the sitcom reboot’s current Season 3, our sister site Deadline is reporting. The season will run for 13 episodes, the same length as the previous two seasons. It’s not officially cancelled, but ratings for the remaining five episodes will have to improve — by a lot — to justify a fourth season.

The Odd Couple stars Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon as the latest incarnation of classically mismatched roommates Oscar Madison and Felix Unger. Neil Simon’s original Tony-winning play inspired a 1968 film as well as the beloved 1970s ABC series starring Jack Klugman and Tony Randall; there was also a 1982-83 ABC series called The New Odd Couple, which co-starred the recently departed Ron Glass as Felix.

CBS’s current Odd Couple reboot airs Mondays at 9:30/8:30c, after 2 Broke Girls.

Should The Odd Couple return for a fourth season? Or is it time for something new? Speak up in the comments.

1. Chris Norris says:

Shame. Lennon is tremendous on that show.

2. A. D. says:

Move it back to Thursday…Funny show unlike The Great Indoors and 2 Broke Girls

3. iHeart says:

well this is a shame to hear, Perry finally lands a series that lasts more than one season and this happens

4. I really wanted to like this, and Thomas Lennon is actually quite good, but Perry is totally miscast and the unbearable laugh track makes it unwatchable for me.

5. GuessWhat says:

I am shocked it lasted this long. Awful reboot.

6. Kevin says:

There’s a reason CBS is making sitcoms bad again.

7. Scott says:

I bet they wish Mike & Molly was waiting in the wings again this year.

8. msstargate says:

I love Matthew Perry but I really don’t think this is the show for him. I hate just about everything about his character. His last show was good and I was really disappointed when it was cancelled but after the first couple of episodes I checked out. Caught it last night and was hoping it had improved….NOPE!

9. jeff kantor says:

Send “The Odd Couple” packing!

10. kat0711 says:

Crap I just discovered it and really enjoy the show

11. Tina says:

I love the Odd Couple! Don’t take it off the air, please. We need more funny on tv.

12. dan says:

I was surprised when it was renewed for a second season. Then I was shocked when it was renewed for a third season. Now? Not so surprised. Matthew Perry is the worst part of the show. Thomas Lennon is decent as Felix, but the supporting cast makes the show somewhat watchable (but they could have used sharper writing). I’ll miss seeing Lindsay Sloane on tv each week, hope she gets cast in something else soon!

13. CJKatl says:

This is not meant as snark, but seriously, I didn’t even realize the show had been renewed for season two, let alone season three. The two eps I watched in season one made me assume it had been canned early on.

14. Lydia says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show it’s actually better than 2 broke girls and has a diverse cast keep it on or there’s nothing worth watching CBS

15. Robin ODea says:

Odd Couple is the funniest show on air. CBS should reconsider because the characters fit well together. With all the dramas this one is a cheerful end to long days

16. MMD says:

I tried so very hard to like this because I enjoyed the movie and the original tv version with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman but I just couldn’t get there. Thomas Lennon was ok as Felix but Matthew Perry as Oscar was so miscast imo plus the writing was not good at all.

17. its time for Perry to go away.

18. Leo August says:

Shocked it even got this far!