Exclusive

Gotham Fall Finale Sneak Peek: Barbara Coughs Up a Bombshell for Nygma

The penny is about to drop for Edward Nygma, in this exclusive sneak peek from the fall finale of Fox’s Gotham (airing Monday at 8/7c).

In the clip above, Barbara (played by Erin Richards) pays the mayor’s chief of staff a visit not to avenge his lopping of Tabitha’s hand, but to taunt him some about the search for the true killer of Kristen Kringle’s lookalike, Isabella.

When Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) puts forth his theory about why his lady love was targeted, Babs “coughs” up a far better suspect. But while a certain “beaky” baddie had means and opportunity, was there motive? Press play above to watch Barbara gladly spell it all out, spinning her own riddle along the way.

Elsewhere in the midseason finale, the virus begins to spread in Gotham, Gordon and Mario clash before the wedding and Selina comes face-to-face with someone unexpected. (Could it be… her?)

Want more scoop on Gotham, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. kirads09 says:

I love my crazy bananas Gotham. Babs is one of the greatest characters ever. Erin seems like she has so much fun playing her.

• Wordsmith says:

New Babs is a 1000% improvement over original-recipe Barbara. I don’t know if it was always their plan, but having her go off the deep end was an excellent choice.

• grys03 says:

Absolutely agree! Crazy, nutso Barbara is so much better than straight-laced, rich fiancee.
        Hopefully the Nygma/Cobblepot conflict will result in an over-the-top Riddler birth…

2. tjchurch2001 says:

I loved Barbara the second I read around she wasn’t Gordon’s daughter Barbara (who became Batgirl in the West series). However, with Jim busy with Lee (who seems to have more than moved on, as he acts like he’s done as well), I don’t see a need for the recent focus on homosexuality (Barbara with Tabitha AND Nygma with Oswald), nor for Selena (seemingly the leader of the ever-decreasing number of street kids) to meet up with a parent she never seems to have known nor needed.

• edyn says:

I agree. Why cannot the characters be friends, enemies or frenemies? We already have Kara’s sister as a lesbian, why more dc shows? We do not need love interests in shows unless we know they had relationships beforehand. As far as I know, gotham’s villians do have relationships besides harley quinn/joker, catwoman/batman. Batgirl is/was Jim’s niece from his brother who passed away with his wife, eventually making Jim, dad. I do like the storyline with Alice Tetch’s blood. It makes the show interesting now that Jim killed Mario in front of Lee because of the blood and the knife is in the water. Falcone will have a field day.

• Tim Church says:

You write that you agree with me, before going off on things I didn’t mention at all.

Also, you then state some things I flatly & completely disagree with…

Firstly, I don’t know about the comics (which I haven;t read in 2 decades), but in the Adam West TV version, Barbara who became Batgirl was Jim’s genetic daughter.

Secondly, I highly doubt Falcone will have any sort of “field day”, since he may have to be a morally-better man working with Gordon since they are each/both trying to save a member of the Lee-Mario couple.

• edyn says:

You said “You do not see a need to focus on homosexuality” and I do agree. That is why I said I agree and why I do because many shows have gay characters now. While focusing on the story itself, they also “focus on homosexuality”. As for my field day, Falcone said he will do anything to protect his son and asked Jim not to kill him. He may be a better man in some aspects, but will do anything when it comes to family, especially his own kid. That is why he wanted to send in his goons. Jim was the only officer at the house and saw Mario had a knife to use on Lee. If Bullock was there when Jim shot Mario, then he can vouch Mario would have hurt Lee. Whatever happens now is on Jim’s word because Lee did not know Mario was about to attack her.

• Tim Church says:

Falcone said he will do anything to protect his son, but (in the lyrics of Steve Tyler), “You say one thing & do another”, which may be the case if & when Falcone realizes sending goons or anyone else like them anywhere will not protect his son. (Falcone’s men have always done what their leader told them, but Mario does what his body-less voice leads him to.)

Also, nothing is on Jim’s word, & nothing Bullock might have would have surely changed anything, as nobody (including the man himself) knows until it occurs what Mario will do when the voices in his head take control.

3. Joey Padron says:

Good sneak peek clip. Can’t wait to see what happens in the fall finale episode!