Ratings: Supergirl Hits 5-Week Highs; Broke Girls and DWTS Tick Up

Woof, you know it was a quiet night if 2 Broke Girls‘ gain of one solitary tenth is in my headline.

Irregardless… CBS’ Season 6 comedy this Monday drew 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating (per finals), ticking up on both counts. Kevin Can Wait (7 mil/1.5) dipped a tenth, while Man With a Plan (6 mil/1.3), The Odd Couple (4.6 mil/1.o) and Scorpion (7.1 mil/1.2) were steady.

Elsewhere in the land of ratings….

NBC | The Voice (9.6 mil/2.1) slipped two tenths but still led the night; Timeless (4.7 mil/1.2) was steady.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (12 mil/1.8) ticked up to best-since-premiere numbers, while Conviction (4.1 mil/0.7) dipped.

FOX | Both Gotham (3.4 mil/1.1) and Lucifer (3.6 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth.

THE CW | With NFL preemption in Houston now factored out, Supergirl (2.6 mil/0.9) rose to 5-week highs (and matched its best-since-premiere rating), while Jane the Virgin (1 mil/0.4) ticked up one tenth.

1. Christina says:

I realize that “irregardless” is technically a word (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless), but I was always taught to use “regardless” instead.
    Yay for Timeless not dropping!

2. Kevin says:

Another great episode of Timeless last night and the supporting characters (Mason, Jiya and Agent Christopher) finally got their screen time. The Star Wars gimmick was hysterical in the episode.

• ninergrl6 says:

I loved last night’s episode too. It was about time (no pun intended) that they address what happens in the event of technical problems. The “protocol” was pretty clever, though figuring out the Star Wars reference from those very minute clues was a stretch. Irregardless ;) Timeless is definitely one of my favorite new shows this season. I hope it sticks around!

3. kmw says:

Too bad for Gotham and Lucifer but they are still pretty steady for FOX. CBS did ok not great and both reality shows not a surprise. No matter if Supergirl falls and it probably will it is doing what the CW expected it to do and that’s good for them

4. E. D. Boddy says:

People still insist on watching “2 Broke Girls”? I guess it’s just as well. There’s so much I do want to watch that I need stuff on the air that I absolutely do not want to watch!

5. GraceM says:

Glad to read that Supergirl’s ratings have gone up.

6. c-mo says:

I’ve been too busy watching Gilmore the Merrier on Up to watch anything else. Depending on the episode airing, I might even let my DVR record This Is Us!!!

7. HAP says:

After watching last night’s episode of Two Broke Girls, I’ve come to the conclusion that the show has jumped the shark.

8. Boiler says:

I saw an article that due to how poorly the polls predicted the election that perhaps advertisers need to re-think how they are getting to the “real” public, those that actually buy stuff. If really true maybe that will include either getting rid of the demo or making it more reasonable to the current population, say at least 25 to 55. Anyway nice for 2 Broke Girls and Scorpion.

9. Phun says:

.0.9 for Supergirl! Pretty awesome! Only adjusting down .1 with the pre-emption in Houston!

10. jj says:

I just caught back up on Super Girl after only seeing the premier. Did they change writers when the went from CBS to CW? I have not enjoyed this season at all compared to last. And no longer will be sad if it gets cancelled.

11. jj says:

I look at FOX Monday night ratings and SMH. Why did those idiots cancel Almost Human? AH season low had a 1.5 in the demographics they covet. And the season low was 5.339 million viewers. Those numbers blow away everything they have today and the last few seasons.

12. Ms Os hang says:

Glad to see Supergirl ticking up. I hope the crossover doesn’t slow down the momentum of the show.