Ratings: Exorcist Eyes Uptick; Five-0 Tops Friday for Third Straight Week

CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this Friday drew 10 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating, ticking up to a best-since-premiere audience while dipping a tenth in the demo. Even so, the drama led Friday in the demo for a third consecutive week.

Opening the Eye’s night, MacGyver (8.2 mil/1.1) was steady in the demo while hitting a 7-week audience high. Come 10 pm, Blue Bloods (10.3 mil/1.2) was down a tenth.

At Fox, Hell’s Kitchen (3.1 mil/1.0) dipped, The Exorcist (1.7 mil/0.7) ticked up.

The CW’s Vampire Diaries (940K/0.3) returned to its demo low, while Crazy Ex (520K/0.2) was flat.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.5 mil/1.1) ticked down, while Dr. Ken (4.7 mil/0.9) and Shark Tank (5.2 mil/1.2) were steady.

1. cylon6 says:

Hawaii Five-0 has gotten a second wind this season in terms of ratings. Impressive for a show in its seventh season.

2. Carol says:

Love seeing H50 ratings soar this season and CBS finally giving it some decent promotion.

3. Kevin says:

In my opinion this season’s Hawaii Five-O is the best so far.

4. Dennis says:

The Exorcist is a really well acted and suspenseful show. I am positive that I am not alone in that I prefer to binge watch all of the episodes, which is why it’s getting low ratings. They are available on Hulu for people to catch up. I hope Fox takes this factor into account when deciding to renew or not. Most people simply don’t watch live t.v. if they don’t have to.

• DD42 says:

Dennis you are so right. The Exocist just may be the best show on network TV. The acting and scripts are top notch. I mean scary good. It is not a blood and guts. It is super good. Please people if you are not watching this you should. I just can’t understand how people can watch something so dumb like MacGyver and let this show die. Nonsense.

• Will says:

I was a few episodes behind on the DVR and just caught up. I am enjoying the ride and hoping that the story has closure as I doubt it will continue beyond this season. I’m pleasantly surprised how it all tied in together with the original 1970s film. Well done, IMO.

5. kmw says:

Nice that The Exorcist ticked up but I think its too late. CBS had a good night especially with HH numbers. I know CBS skews older but those are impressive viewer ratings for both Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five 0 especially considering the ages of both shows

6. Kayte CookWatts says:

Exorcist Is SO good. The ratings should be much better. It is scarier than most horror films.

7. Tina says:

The Exorcist is without a doubt the best show on tv!!! They better damn renew it! Excellent acting with all the casts on this show. Love it!!

8. Angus says:

I’m loving The Exorcist. Pushing the envelope network tv.

9. The Exorcist is a fun fresh take on the Blatty novel, with some fine writing and acting. I hope it gets renewed.