The 100 Spoilers

CW Sets Midseason Dates for The 100, The Originals, Riverdale's Premiere, the Legends' Big Move and More

The CW has released its midseason slate, which includes the return of The 100 and Reign, the premiere of Riverdale and a new night for Legends of Tomorrow.

With No Tomorrow airing its freshman finale on Jan. 17, Legends of Tomorrow will move to the Tuesdays-at-9 time slot starting Jan. 24.

An edgy take on Archie and the gang, the Greg Berlanti-produced Riverdale arrives Thursday, Jan. 26 at 9/8c, pushing Supernatural up to the 8 o’clock leadoff spot.

The 100 launches Season 4 on Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 9 pm — the week after Frequency wraps its freshman run.

Reign returns The Originals Spoilerson Friday, Feb. 10 at 9 pm, the week after Crazy Ex-Girlfriend airs its sophomore finale, while The Originals opens Season 4 on Friday, March 17 at 8 pm (the week after Vampire Diaries bids us a final farewell).

Last but not least, iZombie won’t sink its teeth into Season 3 until Tuesday, April 4 (returning with back-to-back episodes before settling into its usual 9 o’clock slot).

1. Sam says:

Surprised that Riverdale isn’t getting the post-Flash slot. CW really wants LoT to be a success if its new time-slot is anything to go by.

• AB says:

Riverdale is probably the closest thing they have to a sure hit and Thursday is probably the most important night ratings-wise.

LoT probably shares enough of an audience with Flash to do better than iZombie/No Tomorrow.

• Vince says:

Due to This is Us. A strong female skewing show.

2. Joey Padron says:

Glad Legends of Tomorrow will be paired with The Flash on Tuesdays in January. I’ll check out Riverdale. Hope the show will do well on Thursdays.

3. Jobless says:

No iZombie until April? What the hell?

4. Rachel says:

Wow, iZombie not til April? That sucks.

5. ndixit says:

Legends getting paired with The Flash is a good sign for them. It is far more likely to retain more viewers then what No Tomorrow has been doing.

• Butch says:

There will be only 17 episodes of Legends this season so I imagine their run after Flash will be fairly brief. There will be 9 episodes left after the fall finale.

6. RedReddington says:

Sucks we have to wait 3 more months for The 100. Seems like its been off the air for so long already. :/

7. Don J. says:

That’s a bummer that Frequency didn’t do well enough for a back order. But, considering how tight The CW’s schedule is, I guess that isn’t really a surprise.

8. Linda says:

Supernatural has never aired at the 8/7 time slot before. Wow, not sure I like the earlier time.

9. JC1 says:

I also expected Riverdale to get the post-Flash spot, but I’m perfectly happy to have it go to Legends. Hopefully it will boost the ratings a bit.

10. Teresa says:

Izombie not coming back until April 4th?!? That’s sucks. I thought it would come back late January or early February.

11. Mary says:

What about the other CW shows?

12. Lola says:

Supernatural at 8 seems very off. That show is too dark for that early hour IMO. I guess CW is letting old reliable lead what they hope to be a hit in Riverdale.

• Britt says:

As a shameless die-hard fan, I usually turn the TV off after new Supernatural, because IMO, nothing else can top that night. Anything at 10 (and 9, I guess) can just wait until the morrow.

13. MelindaB says:

No iZombie until April 4? That bites.

14. Kinda surprised that SPN is moving to the “family hour.” Also, am I the only one really missing Cat Grant? Supergirl has felt dark and flat since she’s gone.

15. Rob says:

If they’re moving Legends to Tuesdays, is that going to throw off continuity? I know they don’t crossover as much as Flash and Arrow, but still

• Matt says:

I was thinking the same thing.

• Butch says:

I think the only time the crossovers were messed up was when Supergirl was on CBS. Now that everything is on the CW , I am sure the programmer can schedule episodes properly. Reruns are another matter. This summer part one of an Arrow rerun was broadcast and then the show was off the air until October. I guess they don’t care during the summer.

16. John Jacob says:

I really enjoy The 100 but last season seemed a little “meh” to me. I hope it picks back up strong this season.

• Rob says:

Season 3 was a bit of a letdown after the great second season. You weren’t sure how that season would end whereas last season seemed more predictable

17. Britt says:

Greaaat. Now I gotta completely reset my DVR settings come January. Thanks mid-season CW.

18. Priya says:

Supernatural at 8?! That’s something I never thought would happen

19. Simon Jester says:

That iZombie delay totally blows. >:-/

20. Man, is this gonna be it for iZombie? That late premiere doesn’t really scream ‘we have confidence in this show doing well!’ but maybe I’m wrong.

21. TV Gord says:

I still haven’t heard about any channels in Canada picking up Riverdale, which is a drag. For some reason, The CW is lumped in with a premium cable package here, so we don’t get it along with all of the other American networks. (I think it’s just because The CW [UPN/WB] were late to the network party and the powers that be lumped them into the wrong package.)

22. John036 says:

I’m really excited that Riverdale is premiering earlier than I hoped (I was expecting a March/April start date). It’s my most anticipated show this season and I cannot wait!!!!
    Bummer about iZombie not starting until April, but didn’t the first season air in March? Also kind of surprised at CW getting rid of the four night of DC shows. Kind of makes me happy, not going to lie. TBH they could even condense it to two nights (Supergirl + The Flash, Arrow + LoT)

• jericho says:

What they need to do with Legends is do what it was originally supposed to be. A Fill in show when Flash/Arrow was on Hiatus. Its turned into the “fun” show since Flash has gotten so … un-fun/dark since s1. But we could definitely use it as the Fill in/Summer show.

23. ekolint48 says:

O iZombie, leaves me eagerly awaiting.

24. Why do they have to keep changing the times? It is irritating.

25. Butch says:

I wish TNT would air the previous seasons of Izombie. By the time April comes no one will remember where they left off.

26. lindsay says:

Sigh….iZombie is so, so far away.

27. jericho says:

The question I have is. Is there a second crossover this season? And if so did they have enough time to know when each episode of the arrowverse would air with the change?

28. Kristin. says:

Are you joking with the originals? March 17th with only 13 episodes? that’s garbage.

• Ally says:

Completely agree…the CW this year is BS!!

• B says:

I see March 17 (way too long to wait) but not 13 episodes noted for The Originals. If that’s true it does seem short, but honestly, sometimes the long seasons seemed too long. This could mean some really tight storytelling.

• Bunnii says:

Ikr I love The Originals unlike its parent show TVD which thank God is finally ending. I don’t mind a Spring premier but only 13 episodes is whack I really hope the show doesn’t get canceled. Also I think The Originals should definitely be in the 9pm time slot since it’s a more mature show.

29. Dominique says:

hmmm, so if the originals doesn’t return until AFTER tvd has aired its series finale, i’m guessing we won’t see any of the mikaelsons on tvd?

30. Carol C says:

I have to wait till April to get my iZombie fix???? Thank goodness I just picked the first two seasons so I can rewatch till then.

31. Elaine says:

Great! LEGENDS will be opposite NCIS: NOLA and the new SHOOTER. Great move – NOT!

32. maltru says:

APRIL?! I have to wait until APRIL for more iZombie?! We will have gone 11 months without a new iZombie episode? I, much like Liv, am dead. That sucks.

33. Katie says:

Hmm, TO premieres on March 17th at the 7c/8e time? Not exactly happy at having to wait till then for it plus only a 13 episode order: that last bit worries me. But at least the time slot isn’t as bad as it could be. Just means it won’t be going up against Grimm, which is a plus. Still, almost a five month wait: You’re killing me here!

34. John NYC says:

Ouch, far too long a wait for iZombie. Boo.

35. Meredith Smith says:

So excited for The 100 to come back!

36. Allison Stricklin says:

I’m so ready for The 100 to come back. I’m loving the Wednesday Time Slot.

37. samira says:

Yay The 100! This hiatus has gone on way too long. Season 3 started slow and awkward, but it finished strongly and I’m so excited to see how our delinquents react to this new threat

38. Bunnii says:

Man this sucks all my favorite shows are premiering mid Spring next year. March 17th for The Originals… at least TVD is finally ending and no iZombie until really April 4… It’s seems like The CW is putting its better shows on the back burner.

39. SharonP says:

Please continue with Frequency. It really is a great show.😁

40. jalk;fj;dlsf says:

the 100 needs to redeem itself especially after killing off lexa and lincoln. honestly, i don’t even know if i’ll be watching season 4 anymore. the only person i like on that show anymore is octavia, and who knows what she’ll do in s4 now that lincoln is dead.

41. Ally Oop says:

Noooo!! 10 months of waiting for The Originals to return is too much.

42. Brian says:

This will be the first time Supernatural will be hosting the 8o’clock hour. It’s about time to prove they are a lead-in show.

43. safistikaytdlayd says:

Excited for Reign’s return!!!

44. lulu says:

Their best show for April ?? Really, it sucks !! We want iZombie in january for pete’s sake !!!

45. Danni Scheffee says:

I am jonesing for all my shows I don’t want vampire diaries to ever end! I can’t wait for Reign,The Originals and I zombie I love you guys !

46. acwbyswmn68 says:

Wow….. Seriously…. No Originals until March 17th. That sucks.. Making your viewers wait till the conclusion of TVD… (Boo, Hiss, Hiss…) Guess we have no choice… Praying that The Originals will pick up, and last as long as TVD. Your die hard Vampire Fans, need our FANG FIXES… lol. ! ~ Waiting Impatiently!!