The Voice Top 12 Predictions

The Voice Predictions: Who's at Risk on Top 12 Results Night?

Can pollsters and prognosticators be trusted in the wake of last Tuesday’s presidential election?

That’s up for you to decide, but when it comes to the question of “Who’s going home on The Voice this week?”, history tells us we can put at least a little faith in the iTunes charts.

Granted, downloads are only one component of the elimination equation — there’s also online, Facebook and Voice app votes to consider — but over the last several seasons, with only a few exceptions, those at or near the bottom of the sales chart have found themselves fighting for a Twitter save.

With that in mind, it’s a tad surprising that one of the three lowest-ranked vocalists among TVLine readers (Josh, Sa’Rayah and Courtney),  wound up near the top of the sales pack at the close of voting. And that could make for a painful elimination at the end of the results telecast (8/7c on NBC).

This week, there’ll be a Bottom 2, an instant save, and only one elimination.

Let’s make some educated guesses about who’s at risk:

Ranking on iTunes Singles Chart at Close of Voting (Tuesday, Noon ET)
16. Wé McDonald, “Take Me to Church”
24. Billy Gilman, “The Show Must Go On”
25. Ali Caldwell, “Did I Ever Love You”
36. Josh Gallagher “Why”
37. Sundance Head, “My Church”
57. Brendan Fletcher, “Whipping Post”
68. Christian Cuevas, “The Scientist”
79. Austin Allsup, “Do Right Woman, Do Right Man”
93. Darby Walker, “Ruby Tuesday”
107. Courtney Harrell, “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”
157. Aaron Gibson, “Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings”
Ranked below the Top 200. Sa’Rayah, “Livin on a Prayer”

Given that we’re still pretty early in the season, we haven’t yet reached the phase where multiple contestants are jammed into the iTunes Top 10 — and therefore qualify for the 5x votes multiplier. That said, if you’re in the Top 50 or 60, you can be fairly certain Carson Daly will scream your name to safety in about eight hours. So enjoy your lunch and breathe easy, Wé, Billy, Ali, Josh, Sundance and Brendan.

Christian and Austin, meanwhile, find themselves at Nos. 68 and 79 — far enough down the chart that there’s a small chance of trouble. Remember, early in the season when votes get spread out among a dozen artists, a trainwreck performance can activate fanbases via fear and sympathy — leaving vulnerable those middle-of-the-pack players who haven’t gotten huge prior hype or built solid voting blocs.

Still, based on Sa’Rayah’s inability to crack the Top 200, along with her early-in-the-lineup position on Monday, she’s a safe bet for the Bottom 2. Who’ll be duking it out against her for their competitive survival? iTunes tells us Aaron — but never underestimate the online voting sway of a male rocker. Courtney, meanwhile, has an inspiring backstory — and Coach Blake in her corner. If I were betting, I’d say it’ll be Darby who completes the Bottom 2.

Predictions
Bottom 2: Sa’Rayah and Darby
Most Likely to Be Eliminated: Darby

Who do you think will and should be Bottom 2 this week? Who’s your pick to go home? Share your thoughts in the comments!

1. a_lex89 says:

I personally think Courtney and Sa’Rayah should be the Bottom 2. They were both saved by their coaches and were the worst last night in my opinion. Plus, having 4 similar singers will eventually split the votes. I wouldn’t mind seeing either leave tonight. I don’t understand the Darby hate, I thought she did better last night.

• Alex Kawa says:

I agree with you about Courtney and Sa’Rayah having similar singing styles (the same thing can be said for Wé, but we know there’s no Wé – get it? – that she’ll be in any danger anytime soon, especially since she is at the top of the pack on iTunes for this week). You’re also right about both having to be saved by their coaches last week, and I, too, am sure that Sa’Rayah will be in the bottom 2, but I think Michael’s right about Darby being in Courtney’s place in your prediction. Yes, she is doing better than Courtney on iTunes, but Michael is right; Courtney does have an inspiring backstory and Blake as her coach, plus I think she is more popular than Darby, this week being an exception.

2. H.naledi says:

Well the title of Josh’s song is definitely apt. WHY???? are you in the top 4, Josh??? Seriously. These voters are going to make this a trainwreck of epic proportions. I’m worried about my ladies.

3. Meme says:

And OMG where is Michael Sanchez when we need him?!

• Meg says:

Yes! I was just thinking that today. Alicia made a huge mistake. She must have read all the upset comments when she eliminated him. I hope he tries for AGT.

4. i want Sa Rayah to stay at the voice to give a trophy and let walker go home please

5. Sandi says:

My least favorite performance of the night was Darby; not up to what I’ve seen her do to this point. My favorite was Sundance Head. He drew everyone in and got ’em going.

6. Yvonne says:

I thought the first half of singers were just screaming their songs. It was terrible. I thought the final singers, Ali, Josh Brenden and of course We were the best of the night.I don’t sometime understand the coaches praises. For instance, I though Billy screaming that Queen song was terrible. But I’m no professional.

7. analythinker says:

It could be Sa’rayah, Courtney, and Aaron, judging by the iTunes chart alone.

8. Charlie C says:

Darby might’ve not sold well last night, but her fanbase is huge compared to most of the top 12, maybe only outclassed by Billy’s. I think she will completely safe.

9. donna says:

This is the hardest battle ever so many good voices and they all sing so beautiful with lots of feelings I wish them all good luck!

10. kevstar69 says:

Darby is going to stick around a long time. She’ll be liked to cute falsetto guy with the cute son who stuck around way too long last year.

11. Sam says:

Darby has an interesting approach, but her technical ability isn’t up to it. I feel embarrassed by how off she sounds, and then the songs don’t seem to mean anything to her. On the other hand, Sarayah and Courtney also had off nights, with some strained singing.

12. Lj says:

Love Darby… Sa’rayah awesome too…