Exclusive
Timeless Spoilers

Timeless Sneak Peek: Even Nixon Is Afraid to Mess With Rittenhouse

Man, Richard Nixon was just full of secrets.

In this exclusive video from Monday’s Timeless (NBC, 10/9c), Garcia Flynn exposes a surprising connection between “Tricky Dick” and the series’ mysterious Rittenhouse organization when he plays a Watergate-era tape for a captured Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus.

“We have to give the press another story,” Nixon’s voice insists, before emphasizing how important it is that he not upset Rittenhouse. Because if he does, “I’m done. They’ll see to that. Not just with the presidency, but with my wife, with my girls,” he tells his aide. “Rittenhouse plays by different rules.”

The revelation piques Lucy’s interest and shocks Rufus, but will it be enough to get them to work for Flynn, who needs the time-travelers to find something for him in Nixon’s Washington?

Judging by the official description, they’ll bite — and get more than they bargained for: “While Rufus and Lucy are set on an investigative course that leaves them both rattled to the core, Wyatt’s tragic past erupts, and the secrecy behind Flynn’s hidden agenda begins to unravel.”

Press PLAY below to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the twist.

1. Kevin says:

Timeless is my favorite new show of the season and it’s always a great roller coaster ride.

2. A Viewer Who Cares says:

I agree. I love this show. Excellent cast and a really great feel unlike anything else on television. These characters all feel like real heroes without the need to “darken” them unnecessarily. Please does twist and turn this show into every other depressing mess of a show on television. It feels hopeful, at it core. PLEASE protect that.

• A Viewer Who Cares says:

I meant, don’t twist and turn this show into every other depressing mess of a show on television, not does. Also, really love the chemistry between the leads.

3. Michael Summerset says:

Right now I’m not in much a mood for another story about politics.

After next week there’s no new episodes until mid-January.

4. 'A' Got a Secret says:

So Flynn has to be Lucy’s father (or her future lover), right?

• CaptMediocre says:

Nobody knows.
      Nobody knows Flynn’s motivations.
      Nobody knows anything about Mason Industries.
      Nobody knows anything about Rittenhouse.

All of which is a HUGE problem because it’s not allowing fam to invest in the characters.

For a show about time travel, Timeless is sure having a problem establishing its own history (backstory).

• Lauren says:

I have a feeling he’s her father as well.

5. I agree that Timeless is the best show this season with westworld. BUt does anyone know how the numbers are doing? I don’t want to be invested in yet another show that gets cancelled after one season.