Best TV Quotes

Quotes of the Week: Hawaii Five-0, Crazy Ex, Mom, Westworld and More

And now, we present the results of a much less contentious election: choosing which TV sound bites to include in our Quotes of the Week.

This time around, we’ve got some tough motherly love on Empire, a very unwelcome guest on Supernatural, plus double doses of Superstore and — yes, this is a thing — Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party.

Our roundup also includes plenty of post-election commentary, courtesy of Seth Meyers, James Corden, Conan O’Brien and Ellen DeGeneres.

Check out the gallery on the right – or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if we missed any of your faves!

1. ninamags says:

I loved the Steve/Danno conversation!!! It was funny.

I loved how Dean kept saying “I killed Hitler”

Very good stuff all around.

Must be ratings season. :)

2. Linda says:

Of course Steve wanted a hug from Danny! :) Dang, Steve. Danny would have given you ANYTHING…”I killed Hitler…”

3. Kevin says:

Steve refuse to give Danny a hug was hilarious on Hawaii Five-O as does Corden’s monologue on The Late Late Show.

4. I just have to say ... says:

This made me laugh this week:

“I swear, Doc, my foot and your ass are going on a date real soon.”

– Cabe Gallo to Toby on ‘Scorpion’, after Toby wouldn’t help Cabe out of a jam at the Chinese consulate.

5. kirads09 says:

My QOTW is also from Westworld. Elsie ponders if they a have a glass half full or glass half empty situation ( after finding the uplink & info in that one host) Bernard: “We’re engineers. The glass was manufactured to the wrong specifications”. Priceless. And deadpanned perfectly.

6. Angela says:

There was a quote from Garcia in this week’s “Criminal Minds” that got a chuckle out of me: “To paraphrase the Violent Femmes song, nothing went down on their permanent record.”

7. ninergrl6 says:

The songs on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend this week were outstanding. You could’ve picked just about any lines as quotes of the week.

• Wordsmith says:

Agreed! My fave:
      Greg: “But where should we finish (their tap number)?”
      (They climb up on Becca’s dresser)
      Rebecca: “Please, not on my chest…”
      I totally lost it.

• Wordsmith says:

Also the line about the anti-douching research put out by “Big Vagina.”
      What really sold that one was Paula’s completely deadpan, “Nothing worse than Big Vagina.”

8. Grace says:

Love that H50’s super cute Steve and Danno moment made the list! Steve’s outrage at not getting a hug immediately from Danno was hilarious. Now pick a base, Steven!