american horror story roanoke scariest moments

AHS: Roanoke: Season 6's 10 Most 'I Can't Believe My Eyes!' Moments

OK, technically, a better title for this countdown would probably have been American Horror Story: Roanoke’s Top 10 Most “I Don’t Want to Believe My Eyes!” Moments.

RELATED American Horror Story: Roanoke Recap: It’s All Over But the Dying

Heaven knows, Season 6 of FX’s popular anthology series — with its variety pack of ghosts, man-eating rednecks and Lady Gaga as the original Supreme — has very regularly challenged its audience to watch without resorting to covering their peepers and peeking through their fingers.

But which of the show’s horrifying sights packed the biggest frights? Which of its gruesome murders sent us lunging for a bucket to barf in? And which of its trippy visions left us wondering what the hell we were even looking at?

Click on the photo gallery to the right to see how your friends at TVLine answered those questions. Then, as the season draws to what we’re sure will be its bloody conclusion (Wednesday, 10/9c), hit the comments with the scenes that dealt you the biggest shocks.

1. Chris says:

It’s weird, I ended up actually liking this season. I didn’t like any of the characters, but I was pretty entertained for the second half at least. That first half “documentary” felt like such a slog and almost made me quit the season, it was hard to keep interest. But now that I’ve seen this far I kinda want to go back and watch the documentary. They made it sound like 10 was the last one, is that right? I thought the seasons were at least 13 and went into January.

2. Jamie says:

I thought freak show season sucked. But then I watched this season and became pissed. I’m just too damn far into not to finish this season. I hope some how they blow my mind with a great ending but this isn’t season 1-3

3. Ximena says:

I have enjoyed this season, it’s not my favorite but after coven, freak show and hotel sucked I was given up with AHS… the second half has been amazing

4. Dave says:

Great season. From start to finish. Haters will hate.

5. Terry says:

This has been the worst season to me by far. All that camera moving made me dizzy as hell. i am a fan so I’ll watch it to the end

6. Luell says:

i think this is the worst American horror show ever made. so disappointed.

7. sarah says:

Think the only thing shocking is why aren’t these people leaving the house when people started dying in the first part, I would’ve left as soon as what’s his face from the video showed up and was killed by arrows. Why are they going back to the house, the actors I understand but the real people going back is just stupid. And finally why did the idiot kids go back when they found proof that it was all real and knowing it the was the night of the blood moon?

• Flashrow says:

Well the real people said their reasons. Shelby wanted to get back with Matt, and he wanted to be with the awful Lady Gaga’s character (I still don’t find how is she supposed to be the original Supreme, when they haven’t actually made some connection that makes me feel like is the Supreme). Lee was probably there for supporting Matt. The kids found the proof but it wasn’t enough for the police and others, so for that reason they wanted to prove it was truth and, of course, the most important thing, they wanted more followers lol

I like the season because it did an excellent work with the actors, showing us different interpretations from the same person. Also it is probably the most well-done killing work, I was hating how every season they kept alive most of characters for killing them in the last episode, so it is a good improvement. For me the 2nd is still the best, but this and the 1st. one are very close in a second position.

8. Charles says:

After Coven, I would have to say this has been the best season. My rankings would be: 3,6,2,1,4,5.