The Steve Harvey Show Cancelled

Steve Harvey to End His Daytime Show, Start Another With More Star Power

Meet the new Steve Harvey talk show, almost the same as the old Steve Harvey talk show.

The mustachioed comedian is putting an end to his syndicated daytime talk show, our sister site Deadline reports, only to create a new one.

Harvey’s current chatfest has run for five seasons and is produced by EndemolShine North America. The contract with that producer ends in 2017. He will produce the new series in partnership with IMG, and  it will go into production sometime after Steve Harvey wraps in May, with a planned September debut.

What does this mean for diehard Harvey fans? The comedy-heavy series will move from Chicago to Los Angeles and, as such, likely will attract more celebrities as guests. The NBC stations which now carry Steve Harvey are expected to air Harvey’s new project, as well.

RELATED Showtime at the Apollo to Return With Steve Harvey-Hosted Special on Fox

In the meantime, Harvey will host a two-hour Showtime at the Apollo special for Fox airing Dec. 5 on Fox and will produce and host a Little Big Shots spinoff — focusing on the elderly — at NBC. Plus, he’s always got that return to his Miss Universe emcee gig waiting for him, should he choose.

Thoughts on Harvey’s talk-show switcheroo? Sound off in the comments!

1. Nerwen Aldarion says:

And of course Family Feud, which is he AWESOME at hosting.

2. Kevin says:

Steve Harvey is always busy these days. Hosting Family Feud and Little Big Shots not to mention his infamous screw up ending in the Miss Universe Pageant.

3. lOIS Indursky says:

I want to unsubscribe

4. luke says:

this guy is a joke… how does he get all these gigs…?

• mag says:

I Know, he a joke and he is not funny!

• G. Franklin says:

STEVE HARVEY IS FAR FROM BEING A JOKE, ARE YOU SERIOUS ? MR. HARVEY IS KIND, GENEROUS, CARING MAN. HE’S MADE IT & I’M THRILLED FOR HIM & HIS FAMILY. I NEVER MISS HIS SHOW,HE IS SO SO FUNNY. SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY,YOUR LOSS.

• Karen says:

I agree. I watch show every day. He has alot of charisma.
        I lost my husband to cancer last year.
        It has been so hard. Unfortunately I was left with a hefty amount owed to the IRS. I can’t pay it and live on S.S.
        They are threatening to take my home (a 20 yr old mobile home). I only have that and my car. I don’t know where to turn…..my deadline is 1/6/17.
        I have never reached out for help. I desperately need an angel.

• Sharon says:

STEVE HARVEY HAS NEVER BEEN “genuinely” KIND, GENEROUS OR CARING. ALL HE DOES IS FOR SHOW RATINGS. GO TO YOU TUBE AND READ WHAT HE DID TO HIS EX-WIFE MARY HARVEY. THIS MAN IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUD! THEY NEED TO CANCEL ALL OF HIS SHOWS.

• Lorena Page says:

Why he still his son and marjorie taken pic with him saying this is her son that’s steve first wide son he stole from her

5. ken says:

No loss for Chicago!

6. Tell The Truth says:

It’s not surprising, they all get their start in Chicago, then abandon us!! They always run to the east or west coast!! And the worst thing about it is, just like with the Barber Shop movie, Jerry Springer, and Steve Wilkos, they lose a lot of their viewership when they leave. Chicago people strongly support you when you are here, but have no problem tuning you out when you leave!! Another sad thing is that the mayor’s own brother, Ari Emanuel, brokered this whole deal to move and put 100 people out of work!!

• Serry Jpringer says:

No one *wants* to do a show in Chicago. It was a cheap what to start….now it’s time to go big league. Chicago or Los Angeles? Hummmmm, I don’t see anyone moving to Chicago to fulfill their dreams. Chicago’s a great place to be *from*. LOL

• Bonnafay Trevathan says:

Hey, Ophrah succeeded for over 25 years in Chicago and so did other programs. I’d even love it if he went to New York….it’s far more alive than L.A.

7. Mr,Steve I’ve been a fan of you’res for years. I can only pray the talk of you hating white people isn’t true. I’ve always treated people as I wanted to be .I meet you in 1998 and you where very nice to me. Thank you.

8. Bonnafay Trevathan says:

I don’t want Steve Harvey to leave Chicago….it’s close to Cincinnati and I can drive there but it’s expensive to fly and stay in Los Angeles.

9. Mary says:

Bring back the Steve Harvey show. i sure don’t like what they replaced it with – the TDJake show…that guy is no Steve Harvey.

• Sharon says:

10. Dolly Woodward says:

Does anyone know when the last taping in Chicago will take place

11. Gloria Bradford says:

Steve we will miss your show

12. Edward Lanier says:

I quit watching steve after trump visit n its just tooo much steve overexposure. Won’t watch anything with steve on it

• Sharon says:

I turned the channel whenever I see this clown. He portrays a “kind, generous, and friendly individual” but he is far from that. The Family Feud is now becoming “some what perverted” with his off the wall remarks. Does’nt he know its a FAMILY Show? Tired of seeing him.

13. Holly says:

I used to like the Steve Harvey Show, but you could tell his preferences for the black people. I thought he was funny. But white lives matter too, let the black people keep him rich. I am out!!

• Sharon says:

Evidently, you do not follow him. He has always stated that he was after the “WHITE AUDIENCE”. While it may be true that the “BLACK AUDIENCE” supported him to where he is today. He definitely goes where the money is. HE DOES NOT CARE if you are black, blue or polka dot…..it’s about the money. I’m done with him and so are so many others.

14. sophia n johnson says:

He was cancel for low ratings. Nobody wants to see a backstabbing, cheater, coward and an uncle Tom any more.

• Sharon says:

You are so right! and after the 100’s of You Tube videous of what he and his wife Marjorie did to his ex-wife Mary Harvey all of shows should be cancelled.

15. susan Corson says:

shame on Steve Harveys show for giving a child a hot pepper to eat and then filming the child in pure agony. I was really sick after watching it!!

16. Sharon says:

I wish they would take him off of the air! He is offensive and NOT funny. He really has played out! Just read on You Tube the things he did to his ex-wife Mary Harvey and how there are hundreds of people saying how they disapprove of him and how they plan on not watching or listening to his shows I am one of them!

17. Ann Marie maddaloni says:

Hi I’m watching your show on curvey ladies. I ‘ve seen you have dating for ladies . But I ‘ve wondered if you would match up younger senior that would be interested meeting senior men. Or maybe it won’t drum up people to watch the show .but think about it seniors are watching in afternoon.what do u think?