Core Lewandowski Resigns CNN Donald Trump

Corey Lewandowski Resigns at CNN — Is He Headed to Trump's White House?

Corey Lewandowski is leaving CNN… and probably joining the Trump administration.

Donald Trump‘s former campaign manager has resigned from his job as political commentator, the cable news network announced Friday. And Lewandowski was spotted paying a visit to Trump Tower on Friday morning, so it’s easy to conclude that he’ll have a role in President-elect Trump’s White House. (Press secretary, perhaps?)

Lewandowski joined CNN in June, shortly after being fired as Trump’s campaign manager. The network took a lot of criticism for putting a Trump insider on the air as a political pundit — especially since he was still receiving severance pay from the campaign. He was also a target of criticism for grabbing reporter Michelle Fields by the arm during a Trump event in March. (Trump said at the time of Lewandowski’s firing that he was “a good guy, a friend of mine, but I think it’s time now for a different kind of campaign.”)

In light of the Lewandowski and Donna Brazile news, does CNN need to clean house? Sound off in the comments.

1. Big Cheddar says:

Jeez – this guy annoys me more than Trump.

2. Tony Lang says:

TVLine is still covering Trump? I come here to AVOID that sorta sh*t! Never thought I’d say this in a billion years but I almost misss TVLine’s non-stop coverage of the Kardashian Klan.

• John NYC says:

CNN is tv so….

Otoh: it’s not like the title doesn’t give you your trigger warning. Don’t want politics (or Kardashians) don’t click on the article.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hey, “Tony” – as Editor-at-Large I can assure you, that in our almost six years of existence, there has never been anything close to “non-stop coverage of the Kardashian Klan.” Your apology is accepted.

• Tony Lang says:

I’ll apologize when you do for giving a scam artist the key to the White House by constantly providing him free mediatic exposure well above any other candidate, alongside most of your peers. Yes, freedom of speech protected your right to do so, but will not protect anyone from the consequences of what you did. Which we will all experience in less than 2 moths. Still want me to say I’m sorry?

• Ben says:

You’re an idiot.

• Tony Lang says:

3 words and one them is an insult. You must be Donald Trump, the only possible explanation. Must be excruciating for you to read properly formed opinions that can destroy easily despite the lack of barbaric language. Enjoy the next four years Mr President!

• Jimmy says:

I’m sure TVLine.Com, as great of a site as it is, didn’t do much to sway the election.

3. Kim R says:

Like he ever wasn’t working for Trump.

4. Calling the Trump surrogates “political commentators” was ridiculous and CNN needs to stop the practice. All they ever did was scream, literally talk over everyone and shriek, talking points. It prohibited rational discussion and created a culture of inane, frustrating spin. CNN needs to hire experts to talk about facts, not spin machines to talk about feelings.

5. TVLineCommentator says:

take jeffrey lord and kayleigh mcenemy and katrina pierson with you too

6. Temperance says:

Yes, the misogynist and one of the most violent people in politics is going back to work for the illegitimate Monster. Quelle suprise.

7. N!loofar says:

jesus! it just keeps getting “better”.

8. Lewandowski is a boor, and was a long winded and unpleasant commentator on CNN. I am glad he is now out of the picture at CNN. I hope he doesn’t have a job in the White House. He would be a disastrous press secretary, since he never listens to anyone, and just talks and talks and talks.

9. Virgil says:

Maybe when I tell you the future this time and am right you guys will start paying attention to actions. Corey L. planted this story himself. There is ZERO CHANCE he ends up in Trump’s cabinet. Trump hates him and forced him out of his campaign because he is a two faced weasel, just like the rest of the DC power players. But by all means continue to report fraudulent information. You have been doing it for well over a year now. I love how the mainstream media just continues to discredit themselves at every turn.

10. Good. I cannot stand this man. He is obnoxious and argumentative and boisterous. CNN didn’t need an ass like him. I always changed the channel when he started to talk.