Gilmore Girls Revival

Gilmore Girls Revival: Is Lauren Graham on Team Logan, Dean or Jess?

15We already know that all three of Alexis Bledel‘s leading men — Logan (Matt Czuchry), Dean (Jared Padalecki) and Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) — turn up in Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (Netflix, Nov. 25). What we don’t know is if a happy ending is in the cards for Rory and one of her three exes. We’re also a little unclear if her mom has money riding on a particular outcome.

“Of course people want to know [who she’ll end up with], because there’s a romantic element to this show,” Lauren Graham tells me in the video below after I ask her, point blank, which suitor her TV daughter should end up with. “But what was always different about Rory from the beginning is she is not driven by that. She is a career woman.”

Graham then adds, “What I love about all those guys is how different they are — isn’t that what we all go through until we settle down? [We] kind of check out which version of ourselves we want to live with? I think that’s very real for someone in their 30s.”

Press PLAY below to see how Bledel tackled the same question, and then check back in the coming days for more from Graham and Bledel, as well as co-star Scott Patterson, series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino, as TVLine’s “18 Days of Gilmore” scoop countdown continues.

1. Patrick says:

Pointless click bait. Boo.

2. Whatevah8 says:

I knew this is what would be said. Why did I bother?

3. Courtney says:

You can be a feminist, a career woman, and still love being in a relationship. I think all of those things always applied to Rory.

• jj says:

Lauren didn’t say that you can’t be all of those three. What she said is that for Rory career aspirations was always her driving motivation more so than relationship goals.

4. MV says:

Is the picture of Logan a big hint?! I know you like your hints!!

5. Well, I don’t about Graham but Lorelai LOVED Dean before everything went to the pits, didn’t she? I am myself firmly rooting for #Literati.

6. emily says:

rory was not that much of a career girl. she literally broke down after one person told her she sucked and then dropped out bc of it. but like romance was the center of rory’s character. even when she wasn’t in a relationship she was constantly asked about being in a relationship or whatever.

7. Cas says:

I agree with everyone in that Rory was also a relationship gal. I mean she may have been career driven but she was also relationship driven. Only at the end of the series did you see her choose a career over a relationship. I liked Dean when they were together. He was nice and sweet. But then I liked Jess too. He was the bad boy (plus I love Milo) who was too dumb and proud to know what he had. But I LOVED Logan. He started out as a complete a** but he turned into something more. She made him a better person. It probably helps I think he is the best looking :) Or at least was during the series.

• jj says:

that’s not true. her career aspirations were always prioritized before her relationships. Look how frequently Dean was upset because Rory was putting studying, Chilton, her desire to go to Harvard before him.

8. Will says:

How about TEAM RORY!? Why does every woman need a man to be a complete character?
    Still bitter that after everything on The WB series Felicity, in the finale she STILL chose Ben.
    >.<

• Cas says:

I mean she will be what in her 30’s technically. Typically that age range has a significant other (a pretty serious one too). But I do agree with you on Felicity. She was just dumb haha.

9. Collette says:

Rory belongs with Jess. Period.

10. MMD says:

I don’t think Rory will end up with anyone by the end of the revival. While everyone has their favourites, there is nothing wrong with being single by choice. I truly don’t see her ending up with Dean, Jess or Logan.

11. Eliane says:

OMG! What is Logan doing up there? Don’t like this at all. Team Jess, here.

12. Ending up alone isn’t a powerful thing. You can be a career woman and have love.
    I hope Rory chooses one. There is no point in seeing which version of ourselves we can live with if we run away from the choice

• Jess says:

“Ending up alone” is absolutely a powerful thing – if it is the right thing for you, and what you want. We need to stop equating happiness with pairing off. I know far more miserable couples than I do miserable single people…

• MMD says:

I agree. There is a massive difference between being alone (and living your life) and being lonely. It’s a life lesson that many people do not understand.

13. Trogdor777 says:

Ummm…clearly Jess! He’s the best Dad too! – oops, wrong show (hee hee) I will say though, until the series finale I didn’t mind Logan. I always felt like the “non-palladino” writers did a total 180 with him the finale. Proposal ultimatum, and demanded west coast living because he got a gig there. 2 Eps prior he’s all like “We’ll fit each other in and maybe I’ll move to where you get your first writing job” always wondered how Amy would have written him. Guess I’ll find out in 15 days! (Yaaay)!

14. Ella says:

I actually never watched this show and this is a brainless thing to say but Rory should end up with Dean because JARED PADALECKI :D :D :D

• Collette says:

Just because a dress looks good in the shop doesn’t mean it suits you or fits. Dean was/is far too plebeian in his tastes for Rory. He’s not a guy who’d read a book unless he was coerced. Not the guy for Rory.

15. Dee says:

Logan is the worst. I can’t believe I’m saying this because I hated him as a teen, but she belongs with Jess. Dean was fine as a high school sweetheart, but imagine they would be in totally different places now.

16. Hot Dog O'Hoolahan says:

Team Tristan.

17. Several people spoke passionately about how a Donald Trump presidency could be detrinental to their lives.