60 Minutes Lands Donald Trump's First In-Depth Interview as President-Elect

President-elect Donald Trump will give his first extensive post-election interview to CBS’ 60 Minutes, to air this Sunday at 7/6c.

CBS News’ Lesley Stahl will conduct the interview on Friday at the Trumps’ Fifth Avenue residence in New York City, where she will also speak with incoming First Lady Melania, as well as Ivanka, Tiffany, Eric and Donald, Jr.

Trump was elected the United States’ 45th president in Tuesday’s polls, where he amassed 279 total Electoral Votes to Democratic candidate Secretary Hillary Clinton’s 228.

1. Dave says:

Looking forward to it. God bless our wonderful President, Donald Trump. This has been the best week in so many years.

• Et al. says:

You need help.

• Stephanie says:

Dear America,
      I know that there are many people upset by the election, and our new president elect. I always felt Trump was bad…and I also felt Hillary was bad… It was the lesser of two evils that someone would vote for. No one in this presidential race was respectable for many valid reasons. With that being said, I believe in America and democracy… Here in America those are our principles. America was founded on democracy. Which means that America spoke… Trump is our new president. So whether we like it or not, we should unite and move forward. I hope that President Trump can deliver on some of his more promising promises he’s made. In four years perhaps we will vote someone else in. But again, please let me remind you about democracy… and what separates us from other countries. Just because a person does not agree with the choice for the president that was elected, does not mean that it’s ok to turn renegade and rebellious and turn their back on the process… Again America was founded on democracy. It just crushes me to see these destructive protests as well as “not my president” on social media. This is not what America stands for. So again, whether you voted Trump or not, let’s unite in America and move forward please.

• Collette says:

You may want to take a refresher class in civics. The United States is NOT a democracy. It’s a Republic or a Constitutional Democracy. Big difference.

• cbaz says:

Sorry, although I agree with the sentiment you want to convey, we are not a democracy. We are a republic. Hence, our electoral college. If we were nearer to a democracy, Hillary Clinton would be president having won the popular vote.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Any interview with Trump would be a lot more meaningful if I felt I could believe a word he says, but I feel the same way about Hillary so what’s a girl to do.

• peterwdawson says:

Hope that this election creates giant ripples through the electoral process, including stopping marginalizing rural America, less attempts by the big news organizations to guide a narrative rather than just reporting facts, an overhaul of the presidential debate structure and a real examination of the stuff a majority of Americans actually want.

3. Riley says:

Interesting network choice for him…

4. Mary says:

Nope won’t be watching have no interest to hear what the man says. I have heard enough from him over the last year and 1/2, which seems like 10. He is President for 4 years but that doesn’t mean I have to spend one more minute listening to someone I have no respect for.

• Collette says:

That’s how I’ve felt about Obama for the last two terms. Different strokes, I guess.

• Mary says:

Do you just like to troll by post? One thing you can’t argue is at least Obama could articulate a sentence and act like a mature adult. But I guess human decency isn’t a requirement for some of you.

• Just because somebody has a different view, it doesn’t mean they are trolling. I don’t like Trump but I will absolutely be watching this interview as he has been elected POTUS and we need to be engaged with everything he says/ does from here on in. Yes, it would be easy to just ignore him and pretend like this isn’t happening, but the reality is it is happening. You have to be engaged with the social conversation. The world is going to be a different place from now on and you need to be informed. Otherwise your ignorance will haunt you and you’ll have no idea what’s going on.

• Q says:

Very well said. Funny, Since this whole process started, I’ve read comments about how one side is way better than the other. How rude, crude, hateful, etc. yet, now I’m reading the same type of comments coming from THAT side. But, hey that’s different right? Because it is you. I do love me some hypocrites. If Hillary had won, and the opposing side started complaining about it–what would the responses be? “Losers–live with it”. “Don’t be babies, act like adults”. Fill in the blanks–and try some human decency yourself…SMDH

• Mary says:

Of course I will be paying attention once sworn into office, I was referring to this article about the 60 minutes interview. I guess I should of worded my comment differently. Personally I need a reprieve. I accept that people have different view, but when one intentionally keep responding on every comment you make, in every story, then yes it is trolling. I should have been the better person and ignored but I am human. As far as respect goes Trump has to earn that and quite frankly I don’t think he can, especially if the rumors are true about who his cabinet will be. Believe me I will be paying attention because I want this Country to move forward not backwards. I’m also ready to stand up not for me personally because him being President won’t change a thing in my life but for others whom I know and love that don’t fit the criteria that some deem worthy.

• Mary says:

@Q both sides during this whole run have made hateful remarks and it is not just THAT side who has continued it. Whether you choose to admit it or not, you can thank the new President for promoted the hate and divide and now it is up to him to get everyone unify, which quite frankly I don’t know if he is up to the challenge time will tell. You’re right I do love me some hypocrites also, because what has the last 8 years with Obama been like or do you choose to ignore that.

• Q says:

@Mary, oh I see, Trump promotes hate and that means you will also. A tit for tat. Funny, I’ve been reading many of your comments these past six months and you love to make snide remarks against anyone who doesn’t follow your “thoughts’ on who should win and why the other person is stupid. And before denying, remember this is the internet and I can go back and retrieve your top 100 remarks if you want. Including just a few days ago, when you were remarking that the people who voted for Trump were “uneducated”, among other things. Wow, you know every single person who voted and their education background. Aren’t you a special snowflake. Ponder this, this a democracy, we had an election, one side lost another won. Throwing your own little hissy fits and stamping your feet won’t change the outcome. I just wish you had the class and poise of Hillary Clinton who said we should come together and give Trump a chance, I’m willing to–but, you have already made your mind up and pouting about it is just your style. I know a hypocrite when I read one. (I never mentioned Obama–he wasn’t part of what I was stating–so that pertains to the conversation, how?) Problem is, you feel you are superior to the rest of us mere mortals–and somehow, because you didn’t get your way–you need to keep reminding us how wrong we all are, there are many opinions out here and many different voters–not just yours. I can’t see into the future–can you?

• Angela says:

Please do explain to me how Obama ruined your life or insulted you during his time in office.
        You survived eight years of Obama just fine. Quit acting like he’s the worst president ever, because he’s not. Not by a long shot.

• Susan says:

I know how you feel . That now why we have to show a united front . Rebelling is too late and non productive. This is why it’s so important to keep active in what’s going on in our government and country. Obamacare was a good thought it just was planned out right. Like my daughter (48yr) who can’t get decient mental or medical care because even here in Florida medicade doesn’t help and the clinic can give the care her and others the care they need. Well I got off track . This year we had no real choice . But as Americans we now have to remember to watch and listen to what’s going on in our nation . He can be FIRED as well . A little PRAYER for his giudence would not hurt!! Susan

• cbaz says:

This will be a real test for me. I have always believed that you have to respect the office, regardless of the occupant. Without that, how is the military expected to accept their commander and chief transitions from one party to another. How is the Secret Service expected to be prepared to take a bullet if it is based on whom they like? We have to protect the office at all costs if we are going to survive as a republic. It always pained me to hear republicans refer to Clinton as “Slick Willey” while he held office, or to walk into a gun store (we’re gun owners) and see a picture of President Obama with target cross-hairs over his face. But these same hypocrites, who were so vile towards those majority president choices, are now yelling that we have to respect Trump as president. So I will strive to see him as the office…not the man. Not sure I can do that, but I care about what this republic is supposed to stand for.

5. Collette says:

I don’t usually watch 60 Minutes, but I’ll watch this. I’m really interested to learn whom he’ll appoint to his cabinet not that he’ll say on the show.

6. Kevin says:

What would Trump do in the next four years as POTUS?

7. drb999 says:

So he didn’t grant his first interview to his biggest bootlicking sycophant in the media Sean Shamnity …uh I mean Hannity? I guess Shamnity is sad that his boyfriend is ignoring him.

8. Et al. says:

Can they really air something this disgusting at such an early hour?

9. Just My Thoughts says:

Sorry. I believe I caught a spelling error in the first line. It should read…
    President-elect Donald Drumpf.

10. JCarob says:

Why not wait until Michigan officially reports the actual voting? With Michigan’s 16 electoral votes in his column, Trump’s victory will seem even more decisive and allay the misconception that this was a close election.

• Mary says:

As of early today she was up 400K in popular votes so I think it is wishful thinking on your part. Whatever that is how the system is set up, I guess that is what Trump meant when he said it was rigged. Ironic he doesn’t claim that now.

11. Stephanie says:

Dear America,

12. jklasfeld@yahoo.com says:

BOTTOM LINE>> All of TRUMPS children are A++. Except for 10 year old. all have graduated college, do not do drugs nor alcohol, can all operate a bulldozer & steam shovel, and learned all of this as a TRUMP apprentice. Did I mention that Melonia speaks FIVE LANGUAGES. Good luck to all of the TRUMPS

13. Collette says:

Reading through these comments shows me how little things have changed since Buffalo Springfield recorded “For What it’s Worth” in 1967.

14. Robert Petersen says:

Trump “amassed” at least 306 electoral votes, lying reporter.