Reboot List

Your Guide to TV's 100+ Reboots and Revivals: Knight Rider, Dynasty, Greek, L.A. Law, Twin Peaks and More

TV’s nostalgia kick is officially out of control.

Every week, a network or streaming service announces its plan to revive or reboot an iconic series from the ’60s (Lost in Space), ’70s (One Day at a Time), ’80s (Knight Rider), ’90s (Twin Peaks) or ’00s (Greek), and we’re going to assume that you’re probably struggling to keep up.

Enter your pals at TVLine. To help you keep track of the more than 100 revivals and remakes that have been announced in recent years, we’ve compiled a handy gallery that offers the latest information on where each project currently stands (e.g. the new A-Team has been benched).

NOTE: We’ve limited this guide to modern-day adaptations of TV shows and movies; we did not include small-screen versions of books, comic books or video games.

We’ll be updating the gallery as more reboots are reported, so be sure to bookmark this page. But for now, click through the gallery and tell us which upcoming reboot you’re most excited about, and which one you think should be best left in the past.

1. Shar says:

Cagney & Lacey please.

2. ragnar51 says:

LA Law sounds great as does Prime suspect. It’s a shame that the Prime suspect series starring Maria Bello and Aidan Quinn was cancelled so soon, I thought it was good

3. Cas says:

I thought Netflix already did a season of Arrested Development a year or so ago? I don’t watch the show so maybe I am confused.

4. tara17 says:

I’m interested but not enough to click through 100 gallery pages, wow: that’s a lot of clicks (and reboots I guess)..

5. Piers says:

This will be easy. Just skip anything where they changed the gender, race or orientation of the core characters. Skip any that depended on it’s freshness for it’s success [as in One Day At a Time because single parenting is practically cliche’ these days]. Skip anything that stems from comic books/superheroes as that is at saturation point. And pass on anything political because we’re all weary of that due to this election season.

6. Michael Summerset says:

Knight Rider must hold a record for the number of least successful attempted reboots and revivals of a show. KR 2000 and KR 2010 only made it as far as movies but Team KR and the 2008 KR lasted single seasons.

7. Michael Summerset says:

They have to get the original Cryptkeeper back for Tales of the Crypt. It wouldn’t seem right with anyone else.

8. Eva says:

I ‘member!

9. Rachel says:

I really wanted the The A-team reboot..guess I’m in the minority

• Michael Summerset says:

It wasn’t going to be an all-guy team like the original. They were making two of the characters female, and I think one of them was Ms. T.

10. Wez Za says:

Misfits on FreeForm? Have you Americans even seen it? sorry but FreeForm should be last last Network that it should be on what a JOKE

11. Clau says:

I hate re-boots. If anything I give revivals I try. Gonna watch Gilmore Girls.
    The only reboot I watched was Knight Rider 2008. That was pretty good. They should have kept that going for more than a season. I don’t care about any other reboots of that now.

• Piers says:

Surprisingly I’m enjoying the new Macgyver. It’s different and more playful than the original but effortless fun.

12. mike says:

No to Knight Rider. The tv movies were terrible and Team Knight Rider was just abysmal. And its not even going to be a real show? Digital only, i’m guessing short form “episodes”? pass.

Celebrity death match though would be alright. Always liked that show. Don’t put it on Mtv though please. They ruined Shannara which should have been epic.

13. The Lost Boys series looks the most interesting to me, but that be because Rob Thomas is 2 for 2 in my book!