Election 2016

Election 2016: Best and Worst Moments

The polls are closed, the ballots have (almost all) been counted and it looks like Donald Trump is on the verge of becoming your new president, America.

Broadcast and cable news networks on Tuesday dedicated hours (and hours and hours) of live coverage to this historic election, full of highs and lows that you may have missed during your drinking games.

Fortunately, we’ve compiled the best and worst moments from the evening’s political coverage, from John King’s mystifying Magic Wall on CNN to CBS’ poorly executed electoral map. No matter where you got your election news on Tuesday night, our photo gallery includes victories and blunders from all of the major networks.

Check out the gallery on the right — or click here for direct access — for our review of the election coverage, then hit the comments with your own additions!

1. Dave says:

So is TV Line going to do a special feature on where all the celebrities will be emigrating to? Because I think most of Hollywood made this promise.

2. Diane says:

I think the celebrity backing actually hurt Clinton’s campaign. People don’t relate to them. They’ll be fine financially. I voted for Clinton, but they turned me off.

• Rachel says:

Yes to everything said by Diane. “I make a living singing so you should vote for the politician I am” clearly isn’t a good enough platform. Maybe in the future Democrats will learn to make it about issues, not videos of celebrities making fun of the other side. Huge turn off for me, and I’m the opposite of a Trump fan.

• Carlos says:

I’m a Democrat and also worried that the celebrities endorsements went to far. Katy Perry or Beyoncé supporting Hillary doesn’t provide jobs or keeps us safe.

• Cas says:

I think she had a lot of endorsements because she was female. I didn’t even care about the endorsements. My thought was some people in Hollywood may actually know these two candidates on a personal level. So that could have been a good thing.

• tim says:

I’m glad the celebrities came out so I know whose products to avoid. My 10 year old daughter deleted Katy Perry’s music. Woohoo.

3. Steven says:

CNN’s Key Race Alert bumper was terrible annoying. Too Early to Call is not an alert. I’m still feeling sick this morning. Trying to look on the bright side of things…

4. Anne says:

The worst moment is the idiot nation electing an incompetent garbage bag as the leader. My god. What have you done to yourselves. Shame on every American who voted for him. The swirling crap-storm coming our way is all your fault. Blood on your hands.