Descendants 2 Spoilers

Descendants 2 First Look: Meet Ursula, Captain Hook and Gaston's Offspring

The next generation of Disney villains has arrived.

Disney Channel on Friday revealed the first photo of Gil (Dylan Playfair), the son of Beauty and the Beast‘s Gaston, Uma (China Anne McClain), the daughter of The Little Mermaid‘s Ursula; and Harry (Thomas Doherty), the son of Peter Pan‘s Captain Hook. All three will make their debut in Descendants 2, premiering in 2017.

“The Isle of the Lost is an island that houses the most infamous villains, so it seemed natural for a pirate gang including the offspring of Ursula, Captain Hook and Gaston to emerge as we take audiences deeper into the Descendants world,” says director Kenny Ortega.

Ortega adds, “As our rich story unfolds, Uma, the daughter of the sea witch Ursula, proves that she’s a force to be reckoned with as the leader of a pirate gang and the new self-proclaimed queen of the Isle.”

Your thoughts on the Descendants franchise’s newest additions? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Ian says:

That hair just looks bad for Uma. And I say that as a black person who can see what they were going for, but they failed.

2. Riana says:

Why can’t the male villains have daughters?

3. ScottJ says:

How strange that hooks are genetic. Unless the boy had it chopped off so he’d look like daddy.

• Kaliera says:

It’s the same coincidence that made every major Disney character have a child at the EXACT SAME TIME with no discernible partner and give them names that are always an offshoot of their own. This is what happens when you live on an island with no internet.

• Karen MT says:

I think he may be holding it in his gloved hand, but it’s hard to tell.

4. duendeheart says:

So is CJ, the daughter of Captian Hook only going to be in the books?

5. Sal says:

Couple things: First, the character I was most looking forward to looks the worst :( (that is Uma, China Anne McClain, in case you were wondering) It’ll be interesting to see Ursula and her daughter out of water the whole time… or not? Second, the fact that she’ll be leading a “pirate gang” seems irrelevant and wrong bc only one of them is a “pirate”… (quotation marks to emphasize that it could be a choice and not genetic, you never know) So, if anything, you should have the actual pirate lead a gang because he or she may know a few things. Lastly, let’s hope the music and China’s singing are compatible bc I think she’s talented vocally. Sierra also is very talented, since I learned this through Empire, thought I should put that out there.

6. Greg says:

Why is the casting for the live action movie completely different than what is in the cartoon shorts? Captain Hook has a daughter, and China Anne McClain talks for Dr. Facilier’s daughter. This is just sloppy!

• jlwwrites says:

Exactly! Why bother with promoting them together if the story lines don’t even match each other? My biggest problem with the Disney channel in general is continuation errors.

7. Nura Bura says:

I thought gaston died… how did he have a kid? from the afterlife?

8. NELLY says:

WOW LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOVIE

9. rachel dopleton says:

I love descendants I watch it with my kids at least 12 times a month. I love descendants, since I am a single mom I could most definitely marry it. I could have a 3rd kid by it # descendants for life

10. Tammy says:

Sal. So you’re saying that the others aren’t pirates because their parents aren’t pirates? What sense does that make? Apperently, all three of them are pirates soo….