Exclusive

The Voice Top 20 Explains Monday's Real-Time Voting (and Eliminations)

Are you ready to make your vote count in the nail-biting contest that’s going down on November 7?

Nope, we’re not getting our dates confused. While America continues to obsess over Tuesday’s Clinton-Trump showdown for the presidency, fans of The Voice will be casting ballots of a different kind during Monday’s Season 11 Live Playoffs (8/7c on NBC).

In the following exclusive video, the Top 20 artists explain how the real-time voting and eliminations will take place, and how the power to whittle the field down to just 12 finalists will, quite literally, in your hands.

Carson Daly will open a window for voting right before each team performs and voting will be available via The Voice official app (up to 10 votes per contestant) and via Twitter (through retweets of the show’s @NBCTheVoice handle).

Once the numbers are tallied during the episode, the top two vote-getters from each team will advance to the Top 12. Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will then save one artist apiece to complete their roster, and the remaining eight contestants will be sent home.

Press PLAY above for the full explanation of voting rules from the Top 20, then hit the comments and tell us who’s most likely to get your allegiance come Monday!

1. Liam says:

Are they not doing the bring back artist this year?!?!

• Plummy says:

Nope. Sorry.

I have a feeling the “Voice” producers would have done this dumb move this season, no matter whether there was an election.

Support your favorites no matter what. They have a rough road ahead.

2. Mike says:

I don’t like this. Why not just let them vote normally and have the results show Wednesday. Not only does this screw over west coast fans(who won’t get a chance to listen to the performances…this coming from someone on the east coast), but it gives a VERY limited time for people to vote. Just feels too rushed.

• schmed says:

This. And what is the reason for this stupid change? They ‘re up against “the real election”?? NBC wouldn’t spare an extra hour for a proper results show? It makes no sense, and will undoubtedly result in the advancement of those contestants with the most rabid fan bases. Bad move, Voice.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Completely agree as an east coast viewer I don’t find this fair at all for the west coast if Idol could do their results in a half hour-hour show so can the voice or push it to Wednesday atleast

3. Evan says:

Riley’s got all the charisma of wet cardboard, eh?

4. Predicting the order they’re shown and how they’re saved, not hoping. TPTB has their favorites who they will try to protect.

1. BLAKE
    1. Dana, Jason (TPTB fodder), Austin, Sundance (TPTB like them equally), Courtney.
    Vote: Sundance, Courtney, Save: Austin

2. ALICIA
    1. Christian (His knockout was supposed to be montaged), Sa’rayah (To close in name and voice to Wé), Josh (TPTB fodder), Kylie (Shown heavily), Wé (The favorite)
    Vote: Wé, Christian, Save: Kylie

3. MILEY (HARD TO PREDICT)
    1. Belle, Sophia (TPTB fodder), Ali (TBTB could see her as a threat to Wé), Aaron, Darby
    Vote: Aaron, One of Darby/Ali, Save: Darby, Ali or Sophia

4. ADAM (HARDEST TO PREDICT)
    1. Simone (TPTB fodder), Josh (TPTB Fodder), Riley/Brendan (Depending on who they think is a threat to Billy)
    Vote: Josh, One of Billy/Riley Save: If it’s Billy, Brendan If it’s Riley, Billy

5. Plummy says:

This move is such a fix for the producers/coaches to maniuplate whom they want in the top 12.

“The Voice” Twitter vote has always been unfair and biased. When do viewers’ vote? During the show or after?

What about those viewers who aren’t on the East Coast? They can’t watch the performances, so they may vote for who they like and not whom gave the good performances that night.

Or, worse, they may merely vote for who they find cute or who has a nice name.

The Michael Slezak of yesteryear would have raged about this twist.

Now he’s just a loonie.

6. Sue says:

If they need a video to show you how to vote, The Voice has pretty much jumped the shark.

7. Jenny says:

Josh on Team Adam

8. Patty Sannino says:

Monday il be voting JOSH GALLAGHER from ADAMs team

9. Greg Cantin says:

Total Crap. Us West Coasters are screwed. Again.

• Kerry V says:

I guess if you don’t live on the East coast or Midwest you just don’t count. Mountain and Pacific Time zones are SOL and the producers don’t care. Makes me so mad, I love The Voice show but hate hate hate what they’ve done with the voting. Last season was bad enough, now it’s worse.

10. Kerry V says:

Sorry, Michael Slezak, you need a remedial math class. You say “Once the numbers are tallied during the episode, the top two vote-getters will advance to the Top 12. Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will then save one artist apiece to complete their roster, and the remaining eight contestants will be sent home.” Excuse me? Top two, plus one save by each coach is only 6. That leaves 14 to be sent home, not 8.
    Oh, and as others have said, this live voting totally sucks for everyone who doesn’t live in EST or CST time zones. Guess no one cares about us.

• Michelle R says:

It would be the top 2 vote getters from each team (for a total of 8) & then each coach saves one person (for a total of 4). That is how they get the Top 12.
      I don’t like this voting system. I have always hated the Twitter save too. Everyone should get the chance to see the performances & vote accordingly.

• nyx says:

His math is fine. It’s top 2 *per team* — not just top 2 overall — plus 1 save per team. That equals 3 singers per team, making a final Top 12, with 8 singers going home.

• Scott M says:

Looks like you need a reading class Kerry V. Classic case of open mouth insert foot!

11. Katie says:

Josh Gallagher

12. Juliana Melo says:

Miley have to win ! Have never ser someone so captivating in a television program …
    Miley is the best ! #TeenMileyForEver
    #AwaysSmiler
    💖💖💖💖💖

13. Boo says:

Why not do the results show next Monday right before the performances, like Idol did last season?

14. Laurel Goble says:

I don’t like how they’re doing the live votes. Not everyone has a phone to vote thru the app. I vote thru facebook on my computer!

15. Amanda says:

This is a terrible way of voting. I started on a 20 minute delay (I dvr the show and start it when I can). I was disappointed to see that after I had finished watching Alicia’s team, I couldn’t vote for them because Blake’s voting window had opened.

16. Julie says:

I must be doing something wrong but I downloaded the Voice App. I registered etc and when I click on the Vote button, I only have the option to vote for Team Adam.

17. Kathy says:

I HATE the live voting, and as a result, I won’t continue vwatching. It’s too bad because I really liked this show.

18. Amanda says:

It especially sucks for those of us on the west coast who never saw this video and didn’t know to vote 3 hours early…