Scandal Spoilers

Scandal Season 6: First Footage Revealed in Explosive Teaser Trailer

All of your favorites will be present and accounted for when Scandal returns in 2017, but we can’t promise that everyone will make it out of the premiere alive.

Though the official Season 6 trailer doesn’t drop until Thursday, Kerry Washington has shared a teaser via Twitter, and it’s raising a number of questions: Why is Fitz consoling Liv? Why does Fitz look so stressed? And is anyone important inside that exploding cabin? (As long as it isn’t my girl Sally Langston, I’ll be OK.)

Much of Season 6 remains Shonda’d shrouded in mystery, but we do know a few things: First, the season premiere will take place on election night. Second, Jake’s wife (formerly played by Justified‘s Joelle Carter) will now be played by Glee‘s Jessalyn Gilsig.

Hit PLAY on the teaser trailer below, then drop a comment with your hopes (and fears) for Season 6.

1. Ian says:

Theyre gonna have to come harder than that.
    Also, who even still cares about Olitz. You can’t utterly ruin a ship and think anyone still cares.

2. Whatevah8 says:

I can barely remember what happened last year, it’s been so long. *sigh*

3. Geo says:

Of course everyone will make it out of the premiere alive. Nobody big ever dies on Scandal. (That is unless you’re a secondary character or your behind-the-scenes life is so offensive Shonda Rhimes has absolutely no other choice but to write you out, cough, cough, Columbus Short). Look at Jake and Rowan, for example. Both should have been dead ages ago. There would be great cheering across the land if one or both of these characters finally met their maker. People would be so happy, there’d probably be festivals. And dancing. But, nooooooo. Really, you’re safer on Scandal than if you were on The Brady Bunch.

• Cena Gomez says:

Amen! Rowan, Jake, Charlie, and Huck all should be dead or in prison for all their murders and crimes. But nobody pays on Scandal. Makes no sense. The writing is all over the place.

• spanielpatter14 says:

But Rowan is evidently the smartest and most powerful man in Washington, if not the entire country; he can’t be killed off! Seriously, I’d miss him, he’s fun to watch.

4. Brian says:

Wish this show could be get back on track. It has mostly sucked for far too long.

• Dani says:

Agree! I’ve been hoping the show would regain traction for a while now but it’s slipping all over the place and it’s been hard to maintain interest. Which is a shame because I love this cast a lot, but the material they’re getting… mess.

5. Cena Gomez says:

As much as I love the beautiful Olitz, I won’t be sucked back in with Shonda Rhimes insane writing that makes very little sense most of the time.

6. krak says:

why promote with Olitz, when we know that we get Olake, Mellie and Rowan

• D.W. says:

Because when they promoted the show with Olake and Melivia the viewers went from 10.25 million to 6.88 million. LOL this show is a joke now. Nobody’s falling for that bait and switch crap anymore.

• SoMuchHope says:

I know Olitz was magical, Olake is laughable. I’m won’t get sucked back in.

7. Kate says:

I would find it VERY satisfying to see Sally Langston get blown up, personally.

8. Nina says:

Ahhhhh that good ole olitz bait and switch to attract viewers. Don’t think it’ll work this time around. Also–flashy explosions, is that what’s causing all the plot holes in the storyline?

• H says:

Hahaha good one!
      I think the Olitz moment is about the abortion, and Liv has developed an addiction so she can’t get enough abortions.

9. Dannie C says:

I’m not sure if I’m going to tune in or not .
    You never know I might get drawn in again but haven’t been enjoying it that much.

10. herman1959 says:

So, this is a teaser for the trailer for a show that isn’t coming back until next year? They’re just trying too hard.

11. Bigdede says:

Lol they’re trying to use a clip of Olitz to get viewers. With the way Shonda dismantled Oltiz and thus the ratings, I don’t think she can get them back together and expect fans to rejoice.

12. Brian says:

But what I don’t get is, why try so hard when all they’ll end up doing is still give us Rowan & Jake? Why not truly bring it this season, instead of sticking with storylines that heavily involve these 2 tired characters? This is just the biggest mystery to me when it comes to this show.

13. Ray says:

Are you kidding me? A trailer for a trailer? Utterly asinine.

14. french5851 says:

I don’t understand the premise of a trailer for a trailer… but I guess I’ll be glad when the show gets back.

15. Alex says:

Whatever..SR plays with fans..Olitz as a attraction and then destroyed…Booo

16. V says:

Don’t even try it Scandal … How much yall wanna bet this will be the only Olitz scene in season 6?!

17. Claire says:

I’m with everyone else who’s confused about how this show thinks it’s still good enough to have a trailer for a trailer. Stop ruining Olivia with Rowan comparisons and then we’ll get excited again.

18. Lala says:

They can kill whomever they want this season…just not Jake!

19. Caroline says:

All this does is make me super sad for what was and what could have been. I just don’t know why, after getting so unbelievably lucky with this kind of chemistry – you’d want to trash it. Rowan, Joke, B-whatever, have all contributed to the demise of this once awesome show. But the main reason was the showrunner. It’s her show and she can kill it if she wanted to – so she did.

• bigdede says:

Yup! It’s her show and she can kill it if she wants to and she did. It’s like she was throwing it in the face of fans that it’s her show and she can do whatever she wants with it. Well fans heard her loud and clear and revolted. The show went from 10 million viewers to now barely 6 million. Shonda’s ego will be her downfall. HTGAWM is barely a hit. Scandal’s ratings were 6 million and dropping. The only show she has is Grey’s and thank goodness she doesn’t write for that show anymore. When she does write for it she lets her ego override her senses and and kills off beloved characters.

• Sara says:

Finally someone sad it

• quang says:

She’s not the one with the ego. It is the Olitz fans who are the one acting entitled. They are the ones who act like they have complete ownership of the show, being so dense that after five years of misery that this is still some kind of love story.

20. Mary Elizabeth says:

I quit watching after the abortion. I will never watch again until Jake is dead!!

21. CP says:

I’ll never understand why people comment on a show just to say that they don’t watch it anymore! Like, whooooooo carrrreessssssss!!!!!!! If you don’t watch why even click on the link! Anyway, I can’t wait for Scandal to be back on my screen!!!!!

22. Addie Eleby says:

As long as Liv and Fritz get back together i am good to watch it.

23. Oracle Lady! says:

Olitz fans would be morons to fall for this after what the writers did in S5. Scandal is all about Jake and Rowan with Olivia being passed off as some neurotic nympho. Future shows should take a lesson from Scandal on how to drive your audience away.

• krak says:

Best comment ever !!!!! bravo

• Totally agree!!! The show is not meant to please the audience. I like TV shows that are unpredictable. I don’t like when things tend to happen how I like on a TV show. The suspense, the surprise is a must for me on a TV show. That’s why I like Shonda Rhimes

• Laura says:

come on there is no suprise and unpredictabele in Scandal anymore.. Mellie president, Joke vice president. nobody dies and one man can control the country like rowan. this so trash. dont get how people are so naive.