Ratings: CBS' Man With a Plan Has a Decent Debut, Fox Dramas Dip

Now leading off CBS’ Monday slate, Kevin Can Wait this week drew 7.9 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating (per finals), about half of what Big Bang Theory last did in the time slot and down 7 and 24 percent from its most recent post-Bang numbers.

Leading out of that, the debut of Man With a Plan (7.4 mil/1.6) demonstrated solid retention. 2 Broke Girls (5.6 mil/1.4) and Scorpion (7 mil/1.2) each dipped a tenth, while Odd Couple (4.9 mil/1.1) was steady.

Elsewhere on the night….

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (11 mil/1.6) was steady week-to-week, while Conviction (4.7 mil/0.8) is currently up a tick.

NBC | The Voice (11.2 mil/2.7) was steady week-to-week, while Timeless (5.5 mil/1.3) dipped two tenths.

FOX | Gotham (3.5 mil/1.1) and Lucifer (3.6 mil/1.0) each dipped a tenth.

THE CW | Supergirl (2.7 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth while Jane the Virgin (1.1 mil/0.4) matched its opener.

1. Daisy says:

Nice to see JtV doing okay. Last night’s ep was adorable.

• Patrick says:

Slow down. The CW was preempted in some local markets for last night’s football game. As of now, those ratings are erroneously attributed to JTV (and the rest of the CW network). It will be adjust for this later, and JTV will fall somewhat.

2. Oh nice to see Jane up! This season has been amazing so far.

3. Shaun says:

Poor Lucifer,never gets the love it deserves

• kb23 says:

Agree. I love Lucifer, the actor who plays him is so funny! I don’t watch live but DVR it and it is the first show I watch on Tuesday when I get home from work.

• tara17 says:

I love that show! Still not over Limitless so hopefully Lucifer (the show) will prevail.

4. Kevin K says:

I give Man With a Plan an F. Should be the first new show of the Fall TV season getting cancelled (no complaining)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Good luck with that.

• Seun Fayiga says:

Lol. So it should be cancelled because you didn’t like it? Like Matt said, good luck with that. First new show to be cancelled? You funny. There’s conviction, notorious, timeless and pitch that are doing way worse and you think Man With a Plan should be the first to be cancelled.

• ronlake28 says:

People are going to “complain” when you make a comment like that. Seun put it correctly when he gave a short list of shows that will go down the chute long before there is even a whisper concerning Man with a Plan.

• Tennisnsun says:

Based on early reviews I had read I was expecting MWAP to be awful and I sort of liked it. I’ll give it a chance and see what happens down the line. Now that DWTS is going to wrap it could gain more viewers. MWAP is still Joey Tribiani afterall and he is a very endearing character.

5. Penny says:

Really happy Conviction is up! Actually really liking that one!

6. kmw says:

Good retention for Man with a Plan but we will see how it stays next week. Gotham and Lucifer dipped a bit but still are dong ok. I hope Supergirls numbers stay. Now 10 on Monday is a bad time slot. Nothing good from any of those shows

7. Katherine215 says:

I really enjoyed last night’s Timeless. The Bond jokes were cracking me up, and I thought they did a good job answering some questions. I’d still like them to explain Flynn’s motives though – his stupid conversations with Lucy are really a waste of time if they’re not going to answer anything.
    I really wish I could like Hayes in Conviction, but I find myself cheering whenever people tell her character off. She’s supposed to be this bad girl with a heart of gold, and all I’m seeing is bad girl focused on herself.

• Penny says:

I believe you just nailed what Hayes’ character is all about. She’s a wild former first daughter who is learning she can’t always get her way. She’s extremely flawed and I actually find it enjoyable to watch

8. HAP says:

Between Kevin and Man, CBS has managed to cobble together the worst hour on network TV

• ronlake28 says:

Sometimes it is better to keep those kind of thoughts inside of your mind and not put down on a site where everybody is wondering what are you on.

• Boiler says:

If the above viewer ratings are at all accurate I would guess that eventually HAP will be correct.

• ronlake28 says:

The only way HAP can be correct if Man with a Plan is the first one cancelled, otherwise he made a comment that is not going to happen; yes it may get cancelled somewhere down the road but that is not what Hap said.

• Chrippy says:

HAP has said that CBS has put together the worst hour of TV on network television, which has already happened, he didn’t mention anything about Man with a Plan being cancelled, so either you didn’t understand his point, or you’re deliberately obfuscating the issue

• Iakovos says:

I would say ABC’s FHV and LAST MAN/DR KEN hours are in contention. Along with whatever NBC gives us Fridays at 8 (esp that Nick Cannon vehicle)!

9. S says:

I see Scorpion is down again . That show has lost over 2 million viewers in a 3 week span . That’s what happens when you have stupid story lines and a character on there who is waste and bring nothing to the show . Not talking another actor but his character .

10. ronlake28 says:

I’m not sure “Joey” is the right man for this sitcom, Michael Keaton did a great job in the movie Mr. Mom because he was an intelligent man who was put in a situation that was like a fish out of water. I’ll watch a few more before I give it a thumbs up or down.

11. Pat says:

I know that the reviews were really bad before this aired, but I thought it was good. I was very surprised on how I would feel about it. I think they should really wait to see how the viewers will respond to it before passing judgement.

12. Charlene Ofstedahl says:

I liked Man With a Plan. It was actually kind of cute and I had a few laughs out of it. Much better than Kevin can Wait.

13. N says:

I still like Timeless

14. terry37128 says:

I think everyone is jumping on the “pan the man with a plan” bandwagon. Kevin Can Wait started out a little slow, but it is finding it’s rhythm. Matt LeBlanc is a funny actor as everyone knows that was a fan of Friends and Episodes. Why not give it a little time to find it’s footing? I will be watching every week.

15. Ally Oop says:

I dropped Timeless this week due to poor writing. The writing was too simplified, the plot underdeveloped and no one ever explained anything. The show was too much of a procedural with a new case each week and the bad guy always escaping at the end. I dropped American Housewife too. Thus far the only true keepers I have for this fall season are Designated Survivor, Queen Sugar and This is Us. I have a bunch of other shows waiting on my DVR too but some like Frequency, No Tomorrow and Pitch I’m worried about cancellation.

• ronlake28 says:

I have the same problem; I’ve been burned so many time by investing in a new show only to have it cancelled; it is just better to wait it out and collect the episodes on my DVR. I have already cancelled the episodes ,of Notorious since its numbers were reduced to 10.

16. Lou says:

Man with a Plan and Kevin Can Wait are both outdated unfunny trash. People actually find this garbage funny?

17. charlie says:

I think some of you guys that say man and Kevin can wait is bad do to rating are forgetting one small thing your saying because the show isn’t more like it first season than a show that was on for ten years it should be taken off how about only taking the other show first year into account

18. charlie says:

Ok people saying the rating is why Kevin van wait and man with a plan should be off the air I think you might be over looking one small thing he show you compeering them to were on for around ten-years how at only take in the show first season into account