First Nashville CMT Promo: Rayna, Juliette and More Are Back, Y'all

No matter how tempestuous life in Nashville can be, “it’s the music that saves me,” the first official promo for the drama’s fifth season proclaims.

In the minute-long spot, released Thursday, Rayna, Juliette, Deacon and the gang all wax dramatic about their lives in Music City while scenes from the series’ four previous seasons plays in the background.

Though there’s no new footage in the clip, we are treated to glittery new gallery-style looks from series regulars including Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere and Charles Esten.

The cancelled ABC country-music drama will make its CMT debut with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, January 5, at 9/8c. As previously reported, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething) will take over as showrunners; star Connie Britton will leave the series after she appears in 10 of the upcoming 22 episodes.

Press PLAY on the video above, then hit the comments with your thoughts on an all-new Nashville.

1. Z says:

Goosebumps while watching this. Is it really confirmed now,though? Connie’s leaving?

• bryce says:

I’m so confused. Connie is doing a disservice to us by not giving a complete answer, though if anyone knows the truth or not it’s Ausiello & co.

2. iHeart says:

I wish we would know if it will air on CMT Canada. I really want to continue watching it

3. Phil says:

Uhhhh… I thought this tone was exactly what we wanted to get AWAY from. They all look great physically but emotionally this trailer is all pain – Scarlett is literally CRYING.
    I was ready for a more upbeat, less overdramatic Nashville. I hope that’s still what’s coming. Because I’m over the version of the show promised in this trailer.

• tedi says:

I didn’t think it was overdramatic at all. I thought it was touching, they were all acknowledging the pain of past but seemed hopeful and grateful because it led them to the place and people they needed. All the heartbreak led them to Nashville and who they were meant to be.

• iHeart says:

the article made it clear that there was no new footage in the promo

• bryce says:

Right, but Scarlett cries in the “glittery new gallery-style looks” which the article CLEARLY STATES IS THERE ya turdhead

4. Lauren says:

I didn’t think it was confirmed that she was leaving

5. Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to understand a lot about this, such ass you wrote the ebook in it or something.
    I think that you just could do with some % to pressure tthe message hluse a bit, but other than that, that
    is great blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly
    be back.

6. Shira says:

Loved the trailer. Touching and they all look great. Only thing that bothers me is Connie. There was no official statement but from what you say and something Lennon and Maisy said recently it seems like a done deal.
    Have no intentions to watch a Rayna free Nashville, but wish I got any confirmation to not waste my time.

• PTF says:

Same here – as soon as Connie’s gone I’m done. Not that I don’t like the other characters but Rayna is the show, and there’s no way of writing her out that doesn’t suck. I guess they know that some people will feel that way, hence the ambiguous non-answer from Connie and the silence from the show runners.

7. Michelle A says:

Is there a way to watch CMT shows online? I don’t have cable and would really like to continue watching this series. Thanks!