Scream Queens Recap

Scream Queens Recap: Quantic-oh No!

Emma Roberts’ character was feeling a little blue during this year’s Chanel-O-Ween festivities — but not for any of the reasons you might have expected.

It wasn’t because of Chad’s death. Or his entire family’s death. Or the fact that Chad left the Radwell fortune to Dean Munsch and the C.U.R.E. Institure. No, it was thanks to a shoddy prescription from Dr. Murder Hand that Chanel spent Tuesday’s Scream Queens in full-on Michael Ausiello-approved Smurf mode.

In other news, Hester was (finally) given a get-out-of-jail-free card this week — as well as a Jason mask and an axe, because why not? — in order to help Agent Hemphill catch the Green Meanie at a recreation of the hospital’s original Halloween murder party. But like most of Denise’s brilliant ideas, this one didn’t exactly go according to plan.

In fact, the hour ended with Denise dead on the hospital floor, following a fatal encounter with the G.M. And while I’m sad to see her go, at least we can all take comfort in knowing she’s boning Chad Radwell in heaven — presumably while role-playing as the guys from Brokeback Mountain. It was Chad’s favorite, after all.

Leftover Thoughts:

* Is it just me, or is Dean Munsch beginning every episode with a recap of the events thus far? (Quit trying to put me out of a job, lady!)

* Do you really think Chanel No. 2 is being motorboated by Genghis Khan in hell? I’d watch that spinoff in a second.

* Chanel showering her fans with gifts, Taylor Swift-style, might not have been as timely a reference as it was last year, but it was no less hysterical the second time around. (I’m still waiting for my “box of diseased whore hearts,” by the way.)

* Chanel No. 5’s confusion over Ivana vs. Ivanka Trump was a hilarious — and admittedly understandable — mistake. Heck, if Ivanka wasn’t Donald’s daughter, she would be his wife.

Your thoughts on this week’s episode? Denise’s death? The general mysteries of unknowable universe? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. kel says:

This was easily the best episode so far this season. Denise, Hester and Chanel #5 were stand outs. That Ivanka Trump costume will forever haunt my nightmares now.

2. Jeff says:

Thats a way to loose even more viewers killing off fan favorites.

3. thisismenow says:

I hope King Michael saw the living smurf. I’ll pretend this is a Scream Queens tribute to him

4. Eric7740 says:

Really?!?! Last week Chad and this week Denise?!?! Let’s kill the funniest part of the show!!! Number 5 should have died!!! This better be the last season of scream queens because I will not watch a season without Chad and Denise!!! Thank you Glen and Niecy!!!

5. ChrisGa says:

Wow….so last week Chad, and this week Denise? Shame they killed off the show’s two best characters.

6. Amy says:

I am surprised that Scream Queens kills more characters! Guys, calm down, it’s a slasher series, people will die eventually. I hope they add more cast members, someone who’s funnier. I enjoyed this episode though.

7. Greg says:

Last season we wanted them to kill more ppl off, and now this season I find myself saying no more deaths! Least of the characters that carried forward from last year, they can kill off the new ones… Chad and Denise… RIP

• This is the thing – the first season was probably most criticised for its cop out deaths of secondary and tertiary characters, so Chad and Denise dying is at least a positive in the sense that it definitely makes everyone seemingly more vulnerable.

8. Sandy says:

I realize our favorite characters will be killed off, but why kill Denise off so soon!
    Who’s going to bring the funny now???

9. abz says:

This episode was so ridiculous and hilarious. Best of the season. I’m so bummed that they killed off Denise. Niecy Nash stole every scene in this episode.
    LMAO at the Batman vs. Superman dig. Seriously cracked me up.

10. Jane says:

Best. Episode. so far. this season :)

11. Brody77 says:

Yeah, like others have said, bad move.
    No Chad, no Denise…nah, think I’ll pass, as much as Emma Roberts is enjoyable as Chanel.

Sure, it’s a slasher show & you need deaths to keep the momentum going, but taking out the two fan favourite characters one after the other just feels like an FU to the fans if I’m honest.

A real shame.

12. Stevers says:

Niecy Nash posted on her Instagram a pic of the last shot we saw of her with the comment “Pray for Denise” – that does give me a glimmer of hope that the best character in the show might not really be dead….(fingers crossed) – And where the heck has Kirstie Alley been?

13. JR says:

The real question is why is TVLine recapping a show that no one is watching….didn’t it get .6 rating (1.5 mil viewers) last night?

• Amy says:

I know the ratings may not be good but Scream Queens have a lot of viewers and fan base worldwide. Scream Queens is very popular here in the Philippines and if you can see, Scream Queens have a lot of social media followers. So, Scream Queens have viewers.

14. Stacey says:

Why did they kill off the 2 best characters? Chad and Denise were the reason I watched! I’ll finish this season to find out who the killer is but that’s it.

15. Mustafa... says:

I Loved every second of it!! i’m sad mama denise is dead though. She was one of my favourite characters. It was THE FUNNIEST episode so far, and the most thrilling one as well! Looking forward to next week and im super excited.