Jane The Virgin Season 3

Ratings: Jane the Virgin Returns to 11-Month Audience High, Timeless Rises

Now enjoying a much stronger lead-in via Supergirl, The CW’s Jane the Virgin on Monday opened Season 3 with 1.1 million total viewers — its best audience since November 2015 — and a 0.4 demo rating (per finals), matching its previous premiere.

The aforementioned Girl of Steel opened The CW’s night with 2.7 mil and a 0.9, slipping 15 and 18 percent week-to-week.

Elsewhere on the night….

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (10.6 mil/1.6) was steady, Conviction (4.2 mil/0.7) ticked down.

FOX | Gotham (3.3 mil/1.2) and Lucifer (3.6 mil/1.1) ticked up.

NBC | The Voice (11.4 mil/2.7) dipped two tenths week-to-week, while Timeless (5.9 mil/1.5) rose a tenth.

CBS | Big Bang (14.2 mil/3.5) rose a tenth, Kevin Can Wait (8.5 mil/2.1) and Scorpion (7.2 mil/1.3) were steady and 2 Broke Girls (5.7 mil/1.5) ticked down. The Odd Couple (4.6 mil/1.1) was down sharply from its previous (Thursday) premiere, but up a bit from its May finale (which aired on a Monday).

1. Z says:

Let’s see if the Team Rafael deserters will really have an effect in the coming weeks #TeamJane

• Josh says:

Doubt it. We’re talking about a small but vocal minority. I doubt we’ll see any effect in ratings for the handful of people who only watch an outwardly feminist show for a guy.

• bigdede says:

The ratings for last season showed that Team Rafael deserters are numerous and not a small minority. Yeah look at those ratings from last season and how low they were. I tuned in hoping Michael would die.

2. Spence says:

So crazy to see how consistently high ratings Big Bang Theory has… Good for Jane, though!

3. Ah, so happy for the high in the JTV ratings! So much for people claiming no one loves JM and that Jennie isn’t a good writer. I think she is absolutely fantastic and continues to make an amazing series.

4. Kevin K says:

Timeless is the one of the new shows that got me hooked and I can’t wait for next week’s episode with guest star Sean Maguire as Ian Fleming.

• TheloNaGrapso says:

I watch Timeless in less than 10 minutes fast-forwarding to only the relevant parts for the big picture story. Don’t know for how much longer I’ll do that for though.

• Gern Blanston says:

If you’re fast forwarding through a new show how do you know what the important parts are?

• The Kaibosh says:

I used to do the same thing with Revolution. I would fast forward through the Tracy Spiridakos scenes. Was a much more enjoyable experience. But I gotta agree with Gern: how can you tell what’s important?

5. I’d love to see +3 +7 numbers for the first two weeks of Supergirl.

6. Pumpkin says:

I’d like to think, in addition to the Supergirl lead in, that Netflix/word of mouth has helped Jane the Virgin get new fans. And, while it seems ratings have been dropping for every broadcast network and many shows, I’m really glad it gained viewers. Even if the audience is still small. I hope more people give it a shot, regardless of ships.

7. TheloNaGrapso says:

Weren’t Odd Couple numbers last year also following Big Bang?

8. Jared says:

Jane The Virgin is so good. Happy to see more people watching !

9. kmw says:

Nice for Gotham and Lucifer that they didn’t drop. Supergirl while dropping a little sure helped Jane out. ABC needs to fix its 10 pm slot. Conviction while steady, isn’t the answer

10. Tenney says:

I really like the guy who is portraying Superman on Supergirl. In fact, I think I like him better than any of the movie actors who have played Superman. I’m hoping him and Supergirl team up some more because they are really fun together.

11. B says:

I’m enjoying Timeless. There are going to continue to be all-too-convenient escapes, but I’m curious about the underlying story of why the “bad guys” are doing what they’re doing, especially with one character questioning who the good guys are and another apparently switching sides sometime in the future. The light history insights (light as in basic rather than necessarily uplifting) are good too. Not everything needs to be heavy and dark. Those shows are consistently turning me away these days. Hope Timeless continues to gain viewers.

• Kevin K says:

Couldn’t agree more. Hope Timeless gets a full season pick up soon.

• ninergrl6 says:

I’m really enjoying Timeless too — possibly my favorite new series. Historical fantasy is my favorite genre (if you could call it that) so I’m happy that it’s living up to my expectations. I like the concept of questioning “good guys” vs “bad guys” where time travel is concerned. Our protagonists made sure Lincoln was assassinated — how “good” are they? It’s fun, escapist TV.

12. ackerlyte says:

Timeless fills the Stargate shaped hole in my heart so I think that’s why I’m enjoying it more than I should.

13. ninamags says:

Yay, Timeless!!

It keeps getting better and better.

I’m enjoying the heck out of Supergirl as well.

14. Mai says:

Two episodes in and I’m already enjoying Supergirl a lot more than I did the first season. From season one, I didn’t love Cat as much as others did, but she grew on me, and I liked the mentor relationship she had with Kara. I’ve enjoyed less James this second episode too, but am already wary about him being Cat’s replacement and becoming Guardian. Seems they don’t know what to do with him, so they’re trying out everything cool about other characters, like giving him Cat’s job, and Alex’s super-suit idea. I’m glad the show isn’t preachy and beating viewers into submission (yet) about feminism and “aliens are illegal immigrants” topics. This show should remain light and fun, and keep politics and polarizing issues out of it.

15. kiki says:

I tried to watch JTV but couldn’t get past the narrators recap…Sorry but I find the show superficial and redundant. Tired of the unwanted pregnancy stories and watching women do stupid things to be with men who don’t want them.

That said the women on Lucifer are everything. That girls night out was epic. If you like watching multifaceted women who can kick ass and the men actually hide behind them …then you should give this show a chance. Not one story about stealing sperm…having a kid to trap a man that don’t want them… sleeping with a man for money…women hiding behind the the man waiting to be rescued and protected…sharing your scheduler with your man so that his phone beeps every time you do something …the women on this show can actually take care of themselves.

16. N says:

Love Timeless

17. John NYC says:

Good for Timeless.

18. Luli says:

Hopefully Supergirl will held steady next week….