The Walking Dead 10 Most Memorable Moments

Walking Dead Renewed for Season 8

AMC is jumping the gun on another year of The Walking Dead, ordering an eighth season of the zombie smash one week before the debut of Season 7.

Additionally, the Chris Hardwick-hosted companion series Talking Dead has also been picked up for another season.

Walking Dead Season 8 — which will once again consist of 16 episodes — will launch in Fall 2017 with the series’ 100th episode. Scott M. Gimple will return as showrunner.

Borrowing a phrase from Lucille-wielding Negan, AMC president Charlie Collier cracked, “Eeny, meeny, miny, more,” before adding, “What a joy to partner with Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple and some of the hardest-working people in television to bring The Walking Dead to the fans. And, most important, thanks to those fans for breathing life into this remarkable series right along with us.”

The Walking Dead‘s seventh season kicks off next Sunday at 9/8c.

1. Steven says:

“Eeny, meeny, miny, more”. Really AMC?

2. Anne Normandin says:

Getting old.

3. Seaturtle15 says:

So that tells me our friends WILL survive Lucille. That is, MOST of them will!!

4. andrew hass says:

I knew AMC was probably not going to cancel The Walking Dead before it reached 100 episodes.So i’m happy it’s been renewed for an 8th season.

5. clintbrew says:

sooner or later it gonna over take the comics

6. Jason says:

They’ve always said they have had at least a 12 year plan. However, eventually it will all get old unless we have a major casting shift. The show could survive many more years if we rotate out the main cast.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Shocking I tell you, absolutely shocking!!

8. Andrew says:

Oh, great. More Walking Dead sandwiched between what is supposed to be FearFest in October.

Whatever.

9. jimmyu says:

At this point, I’m rooting for the zombies.

10. Spence says:

Well, I’m excited for this so long as Season 7 improves the once-great show. If Season 7 continues on the downward paths of Seasons 6 and 5, than I really couldn’t care less about an eighth season.

11. Britt says:

Another season, another chance for dreaded ships to come to fruition.

I’m trying to be positive but to me it’s like, “so when will I have to stop watching?”. But I love this show, please don’t ruin it. Please.

12. Joey Padron says:

Great news the show got renewed for another season early before new season starts! Great the show will reach 100 episodes next year with the next season. Can’t wait to watch new season on Sunday!

13. I just want Negan to make me his baby momma

14. Allie says:

Good Lord, I can barely stand waiting to find out if my Daryl gets knocked-off by Negan. I don’t think I’ll be able to take it if he’s killed…I couldn’t watch any longer without my Daryl! Is it just me or does anyone long for the Herschel, Dale, Andrea and Beth days (and Shane when he was sane…) I miss them all. But, seriously do. not. mess. with. my. Daryl.

15. Carmel says:

Does anyone else just feel that between this, Fear, and the web series hulabaloo, this is all getting way too much? I liked TWD when it was on its own but this is overkill, it’s like they know we’re getting tired of it and are trying to solve the problem by shoving MORE and worse still, crappier content in our faces!! Enoughs enough, crazed and desperate teens it might work for but the original mature TWD audience, absolutely no. The only ones I know who actually still like the series don’t watch or even read up on any of the spin offs, they are happily oblivious. Perhaps this is a lesson that less is more AMC.

16. James says:

Let me know when Negan is dead and I’ll tune in again.

17. colin hazelden says:

hope it goes as far as season 1oo . the best show ever to grace a tv screen . long may it carry on x