Hillary Clinton Says Donald Trump 'Literally' Stalked Her on Debate Stage

In her first sit-down interview since the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton told Ellen DeGeneres that it felt like Donald Trump was literally stalking her during the Oct. 9 showdown.

“[H]e was really trying to dominate and then literally stalk me around the stage,” Clinton said. “I would just feel this presence behind me and I thought, ‘Whoa, this is really weird!'”

The former Secretary of State sensed that Trump’s behavior was not a reflection on her, but instead a visceral reaction to the Access Hollywood tape leaked just 48 hours prior that found him engaging in an explicit discussion about groping women without consent.

“It was clear that my opponent, Donald Trump, was going to try to dominate the space almost to the exclusion of the people who were sitting there,” Clinton said of her rival’s strategy for the town hall-style debate. “I mean, they were sitting there so we could talk to them and that they could ask questions we would then answer, and because of the revelation of the public video and everything that came out on Access Hollywood, he was really all wrought up and you could just sense how much anger he had.”

Watch an excerpt from Clinton’s Ellen interview above, then tell us how you think the two candidates handled themselves during the second presidential debate.

1. Rob Horine says:

What BS. Hillary once more playing the victim card. She’s a victim of these big bad men. Like her opponet when she was running for Senate. He walked over and handed Mrs. Clinton a pledge not to use negative campaigning. After that debate, Hillary says that he tried to assult her.

If this guy or trump tried to ‘assult’ her, they would both be on the ground in cuffs before any harm could come.

Thing is, the dishonest media is going to eat it up.

• Annie Sisk says:

No. This is ridiculous. Even my conservative friends, including a number of Trump supporters, agreed whatever the heck he was doing back there made him look weird and scary. And far be it from me to make gendered assumptions, but I’mma do it anyway: Spoken as only a man could. Maybe you do have to be a woman – and, y’know, not insane or rabidly racist and sexist (and yes, women can be sexist against women) – to understand how freaking scary that hulking, skulking, caged-animal-pacing thing he did really was. Although, come to think of it, no, because a few of the many, MANY people who’ve stated as much were not female, so. Yeah, must be that rabid racist/Trump supporter/insane thing.

• Sandra Williams says:

But isn’t that the problem? I mean what is her point? That Trump can unnerve an opponent? Or that, as you put it that you have to be a woman to understand how scary it was? Or is she saying that the debate was unfair because of his actions? In theory either of the candidates should be able to talk without losing focus even if the other is standing two inches from them glaring in their face. Isn’t that what we want in a leader – someone who is unflappable no matter what another leader or country might be saying or doing. It seems that Hillary has a chance to make a point here IF she came out and said look how he was trying to stalk and domineer and she never let it bother her. Instead the articles make it look like she’s using it either as an excuse for any problems she had at the debate or as a knock against Trump and neither of those feel like a valid issue. Honestly she has a chance to spin this in her favor but it she or you are going to use the excuse that it’s scary and intimidating for a woman than I consider that to be a problem and a point against voting for her. Not all other world leaders play fair or nice and if she can’t handle it that’s a big problem.

• Annie Sisk says:

She was on Ellen’s show, not Meet the Press. C’mon. She was making an observation that millions of others also made before her, a point that millions of others agree with her on, and the Drumpf campaign is treating it with scorn and dismissing it because – well, what else are they gonna do, really? They certainly have no legitimate grounds.

• complaining makes look her like a poor fragile (and hypocrite) thing. When president, she will have to face stuff way scariest. Not to say her own husband can be pretty scary.

• sorry scarier stuff. late for me.

• Annie Sisk says:

No. It makes her look reasonable. I get that there’s nothing else you can say, really, but that doesn’t make it a legitimate, rational point. Here’s why: World leaders don’t act like murderous misogynistic sociopaths for the most part. (Drumpf, that guy from the Phillipines… that’s about it. Heck, even Putin knows how to behave in public.)

• Barbara Durham says:

She is pitiful–she just wanted to give the media something to talk about. She was on his side of the stage and he was not a threat to her. Her campaign has been so dirty she has lied so much and as far as these women accusing him of coming on to them WHAT has Bill Clinton done. Trumps accusers were from many years ago, I really believe they were paid to do it. They are trying to win any way they can—-DOWN AND DIRTY, NO RULES. They make me sick.

2. Sean says:

The most ridiculous thing I have heard. It was her that continually crossed the stage, cut in front of him, and stood on his side of the stage. Then complained that he was looming – pathetic!

• Mary says:

Whatever, the only time she crossed the stage was to stand in front of the person asking the question, which is usually how these forums are run. Perception is in the eyes of the beholder, but many have commented on it and not just party members.

• Katie says:

I agree with Sean, I’m glad my perception isn’t as poor as your apparently is. She mistreats her own security detail, no respect for the Military, police, etc. You are right in that Perception is in the eyes of the beholder so you need glasses!

• Mary says:

Lies without proof just shows your ignorance. Unfortunately what this election has pointed out is many citizens do not have the intelligence or knowledge of how the Government works. Many obviously don’t comprehend the Constitution. Just to inform you I have 20/20 vision and perfect hearing so I think my perception is just fine thank you.

• Annie Sisk says:

Well said, Mary. Interesting how quickly the Trump pack dogs came running to defend their “alpha” here. It’s curiously intriguing, I find, to watch them all self-destruct the closer we get to election day, and the further away Trump gets from victory. They’ll be foaming at the mouth soon (if not already) and by the time it’s clear how big a walloping he’s going to suffer, I think a few of them may even actually, literally, physically implode.

• Carrie says:

THAT’S the most ridiculous thing you’ve heard? Have you been paying attention to this election at all?

• Annie Sisk says:

Truly! Good Lord. Inane and ridiculous things come out of Trump’s mouth every time he opens it. (And yeah, I regretted that visual image the second I finished typing it.)

3. blah says:

I’m not a fan of Trump, but the only thing that comes to mind is, “Oh, Please.” *rolls eyes*

• sarah t says:

This. Get over it HRC.

• Annie Sisk says:

Nice try masking your real bias, but there’s not a woman alive who *isn’t* already pledged to Trumpelthinskin’s service who didn’t think the same thing watching him skulk around behind her. And more than a few men, too. I kid, I kid – but not much, and only to make a point: Whatever your bias or leanings may be, a substantial number of people agree with her assessment, and thus it’s far from a “get over it” or “oh please” situation. But hey, I’m sure your lord and master will appreciate the solid defense work. I mean – as much as he can appreciate anything from a woman that doesn’t actually involve sex.

• Swear says:

Annie, I am ever so proud you aren’t hiding yours. When will Hillary start being truthful, or you really believe all of those emails were faked……Just asking.

• Collette says:

Hillary skipped the ethics part in law school and in life. She has none.

• Barbara Durham says:

Hillary will never be truthful. Bernie Sanders wanted her to release e-mails–she never did there were too many negative things in them.

• Annie Sisk says:

Riiiight, ’cause that’s SO much more important than being a sexual predator, an unapologetic racist and a proven repeat failure. And that’s just the top three this week. Your guy’s certainly #1 at something. Too bad it’s nothing good.

4. Dave says:

HRC, or Crooked Hillary, or Killary is absolutely losing this election because she’s completely unfit. She’s sick, bad with policy, a liar, and a murderer. Trump is our only salvation. We need him. We will get him. I urge all TV line readers to vote early and tell friends. #trump2016

• Mary says:

Sheep to slaughter is what your statement reminds me of. If you truly think Trump is your salvation then I suggest you seek some professional help as soon as possible. Many will be voting and have and it is for #Hillary2016. Even at her worse it is not as bad as this incompetent sexual predator.

• Katie says:

With people like you the only hope with have if she gets elected is for God’s second coming. I know Trump isn’t lily white but compared to her he is! This tells me a lot about you, you favor lying, murder! She is the female version of the DEVIL! I prefer to live in freedom not in a communist country. Maybe all of your people including ole Hillbilly to a communist country and she could run as their dictator and everything is set up exactly like you like it. Hillbilly keep getting in front of Trump not the other way around and who would want to follow her around to begin with? Maybe you????

• Mary says:

Your responses just proves my point. Ignorance is not bliss. You must be one insecure or abused Women if you support a man like him. Proven he is a bigger liar so there goes that theory. I don’t remember her being convicted of any murder, so there goes that lie. The only dictator you have to worry about it Trump. Maybe if you redneck hillbillies get some education, you might be able to grasp the reality that stares you in the face.

• I feel sorry for you if you think she’s a better choice.

• MLD says:

Um, have you looked at the polls lately? Big lead in swing states and neck and neck in the Republican dominant states of Arizona, Georgia and Utah. Early voting will only help Clinton.

• Katie says:

Um!!! Yes I have and if you call a 4 point lead enormous then I have some ocean front property in the desert to sell you. If she does win then comeback and let us know how you like her then. When we have country full of illegals and refugees, and I hope that no one that you love or care for is raped, killed, or murdered by one of them. If it doesn’t affect you its ok attitude, right?

• Mary says:

You do realize, well maybe you don’t, that even if you kick out every illegal and refugee that you will not be safe. The last few mass murders have been committed by guess what AMERICAN CITIZENS. Again ignorance is not bliss.

• MLD says:

What a hate-filled response. We are all immigrants and Trump is a white sexual predator. And a 4-6 point lead is substantial in a country so polarized.

• grazelled says:

Sorry but we are not all ILLEGAL immigrants, I’m a Legal immigrant from South America…there is a difference. Not all Latinos want illegal immigrants to flood this country. I don’t like either candidate, Trump is a lying bully while HC is a liar and part of the political machine. Yet these are our crazy, ridiculous choices this year.

• Ben says:

The American dream, where anyone can immigrate and make it. That’s what made America great, wasn’t it? The American dream, that people could come from anywhere in the world and make it?

And how to ‘make America great again’ is by doing away with all refugees and immigrants? That’s not the American dream. That’s not making America great again. That’s just fear and protectionism. And the fear isn’t even based in real statistics.

• Johnny says:

You’re an uninformed fool. Do you know the difference between an ILLEGAL ALIEN and an immigrant? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

• Karen says:

If Trump is our “only salvation” we are doomed. He has NO idea what he’s doing, hasn’t put forth a single viable plan to accomplish anything, he’s racist, sexist, xenophobic, power hungry and a narcissist. ANY option is better.

• Ben says:

I suggest you take a look at the polls.

A mysoginist, egotistical liar with no social conscioence is no-ones saviour.

5. Patrick says:

Lot of pro sexual assault Conservatives around here. Pro family values much?
    The Dems are getting the WH. And the Senate. And then we are going to load up the SC. By the time you “people” even have a chance to reload the SC, everyone with your stupid, backwards thinking will have died from old age.

• Haz says:

Love Trumps Hate, eh? Such wonderful sentiments from the kind, tolerant left. I’m sorry but if the accusations against Trump are taken seriously then the ones against Bill should be as well. I know some will argue he is not running for president, however Bill and Hillary comes off as a political power couple and Hillary has been accused of intimidating his “victims”.

• Joan says:

The allegations against Bill Clinton were taken seriously. 20 years ago when they happened and he was impeached.

• Katie says:

and what good did that do, they didn’t leave the White House and when they did they stole items from the White House, didn’t they?????????????

• Mary says:

You just prove what many have been trying to point out. Bill’s indiscretions have been dealt with back when he was President. He was impeached. He has paid the price. Nobody is denying it happened or trying to justify it. Operative words, regarding Hillary, accused by many but never proven in a court of law. Many of you need to read up and understand how the legal system works. Trump and Bill are two peas in a pod but somehow he gets a free pass because your hatred of Hillary is stronger. It is what most call double talk and your wonder why the right is called hypocrites.

• Katie says:

Hes still doing it, Hillary condoned his behavior and ruined those women’s life’s Amazing.

• Mary says:

I don’t know if he is or not, do you have proof or just shooting off at the mouth again? But guess what Bill isn’t running for President and the other sexual predator is. You are one of the biggest double talk hypocrite I have ever seen. Trump and Bill are cut from the same cloth so why would you want to his clone in office if you are so disgusted about what Bill has done.

• MLD says:

Trump is a known adulterer. Hillary is not. Bill was President 20 years ago and was impeached. Given Trump’s history with power dominance over women, why would we expect his ego, which would be more inflated if he won, to not commit adultery if in the White House?

• Katie says:

Your an idiot!! If they do get in, you may have to take in some illegals, and if you work when your taxes are raised I hope you like that too. I do agree with “DIMS” though! I guess you are not Pro life and you’re looking for someone else to take care of you! All of us” old pro assault, pro family, stupid backwards thinkers just need to sit down and quit work and let you starve!

6. Squirrelly says:

(As I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh…) That was NOT literal! You can say he “practically” stalked. “May as well have” stalked. “It was like he was” stalking. Gaaaah! (I’m sorry, people who misuse the word “literally” practically get under my skin.)

7. Dave says:

Vote Donald Trump. Save our nation. He will help vets, women, education, you name it. We must defeat that soldier killing liar.

8. Joan says:

He absolutely was stalking her. Every time she went to speak directly to someone who asked a question he walked up and loomed right behind her. I would have taken a step back onto his foot. Also, what was up with him humping the chair? Freak.

9. Charlene Ofstedahl says:

He absolutely was stalking her. I noticed it and wondered why he was not called on it. Good for her not to be intimidated by the bully who is twice her size.

10. Collette says:

Oh please! She’s a shrike. Funny how she plays the damsel in peril card when it suits her. I wish she and Trump would both drop out and open the field to less flawed candidates. I don’t back either of them but will vote Trump because she can’t be the one to appoint the next 1-3 Supreme Court justices.

• Mary says:

That is exactly the reason to vote for her unless you aren’t concern with Women rights, LGBT rights, minority rights you get my point. Our society does not need to go backwards pure and simple.

• Collette says:

Actually, I’m all for rights to American citizens of all persuasions. What I’m against is rights and benefits being extended to refugees and illegals. Refugees should only be granted temporary asylum with no path to early citizenship and illegals should be deported with no consideration for anchor babies. The runaway gravy train needs to be derailed.

• Katherine215 says:

You mean the runaway gravy train that people like Donald Trump, who pay no taxes, are on, right?

• Katie says:

So I suppose you send in a little extra to the IRS? I doubt it, I guarantee if you have anything you write off everything you are allowed to!!! You’re definitely a democrat, class envy, I’m jealous because you have more than me… typical democrat! Just how rich do you think the Clintons are? They don’t even pay taxes on their so called foundation, its tax free, they live out of it. I also bet you didn’t hear that the medicine they have sent to Africa was watered down look that up, yeah she as white as pure driven snow.

• Mary says:

OMG Katie you should stop because with every post you point out the lack of intelligence and sound just like a Trump robot. You are correct his deduction was legal, but you are also in la la land if you think he will change that loophole. Trump doesn’t pay taxes on his foundation either, but guess what Clinton foundation has a A+ rating not Trump’s. The only one found guilty of pay to play has been Trump for paying off the AG in Florida. Trump tax policy would but us further in Debt, and you don’t have to believe me talk to any economic professor at a college near you. People like you who does not understand history is doomed to repeat it. Trickle down does not work.

• Barbara Durham says:

The government is in the fault. They are the one letting rich people not pay. Trump is using every break he can LEGALLY not to pay taxes.

11. Nancy says:

Shame on Ellen for not calling her out on this. Donald was standing in his area and she crossed the stage to be in front of him. Lying Hillary needs to go. Won’t watch Ellen anymore after seeing this.

12. Michael Wayne says:

You guys are a bunch of idiots for even putting this on your website. Obviously left wing liberals at tv line too. Smh

13. Kara says:

Ugghh….eyeroll. As a woman she offends me. Only a weak woman would fall for this BS. The next president is going to have to deal with Putin and the likes of him. If she is whining about this she does not need to be president. For all the ladies out there who can take up for themselves and handle their business you know what I’m talking about. Also for all those delicate flowers out there I have three points for you…Hamaconda, Justin Theoraux deciding to go out for a run minus his banana sling and Fifty Shades of Gray. Woman say worse amongst themselves.

• Katherine215 says:

Institutional sexism at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.
      HRC has been under a microscope for 35 years. If you really think she is “weak,” I would advise you to invest in a dictionary because you clearly don’t understand the word. She is many things, but weak is not one of them.

• Collette says:

Not weak, opportunistic. A strong ethical woman would not have stayed with Bill after all of his scandals. She stayed for power and position and knew she’d fade into obscurity if she left him. Theirs has always been a marriage of political convenience based on greed and hunger for power.

• Kara says:

Does it not even bother you that HRC defended a child rapist. Her client RAPED a 12 year old girl. She got the POS off on technicalities. She W he was guilty and later laughed about it. Donald said some things…yeah we all know this because it is all the MSM is covering…not the wikileaks that prove HRC and crew are criminals.

• Joan says:

Under our system of law, all defendants are entitled to a defense. Doesn’t it bother you that a trial will soon be starting about Trump raping a 13 year old?

• Mary says:

Does it bother you that you obviously do not understand how are legal system works. When one is arrested they are read their rights. You are entitled to a lawyer and if you cannot afford one, it will be APPOINTED. Hillary did not choose to defend him but was appointed by LAW. Also sorry to disappoint but even after the E-mails still no smoking gun you were all chopping at the bit for. You are free to vote for the rude crude clueless sexual predator but many of us choose to have an intelligent human being who knows what is going on.

14. JA says:

@RyanSchwartz You knew when you posted this article the crazies (on both sides) would come out, right??

15. Katie says:

This woman is amazing, ( not in a good way) at one point she was following him, blocking! She would lie when the truth would be better!

16. Coop says:

I wish I had a time machine so I could fast forward to November 9th.

17. HAP says:

Trump is insane.

18. In her DREAMS, he stalked her! Get over yourself, Hillary.

19. It’s not a good political move to claim you were intimidated by your opponent.

20. Millie says:

She’d better toughen up if she wants to be president.

21. peterwdawson says:

The weird vulture walking wasn’t even the strangest part of his movement in the debate, that’s gotta go to either him seemingly getting ready to just wander off into an imaginary sunset or squeeze a chair to the point he looked like he was either going to break it or have sex with it. Really reminds you how hard it can be to just stand naturally and not do anything while other people are talking but you’re on stage with them.

22. Renee R. says:

Clinton said that Trump “stalked her” during the 2nd debate. Figures, ANOTHER LIE from Hillary! First, lets hope that we ALL watched the debate. Second, if you recall during the debate, Hillary is the only one who crossed the stage and entered Trumps space on his side of the stage. Trump never went onto Hillary’s side of the stage and he even walked around and stood behind his chair to give himself more space AWAY from her when she came across the stage into HIS space so he was not even close to her. So, it’s more like HILLARY pushed herself into TRUMPS space and SHE STALKED and engaged him, NOT the other way around. Let’s FACT check that one, shall we?!!

23. Nonnaru says:

Would have been funny as H**L if she had backed and knocked him over……….