Rogue One: Final Trailer for Star Wars Film Debuts on GMA — Watch

The force is strong in the final trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which made its debut during Thursday’s Good Morning America.

The standalone film, directed by Gareth Edwards, is said to take place between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and follows a group of resistance fighters who set forth to steal the plans to the Death Star. The ensemble, led by Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), also features Forest Whitaker (Roots), Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal), Riz Ahmed (The Night Of), Alan Tudyk (Firefly) and Ben Mendelsohn (Bloodline).

Hit PLAY on the trailer below, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. datdudemurphy says:

Not sure why it debuted during GMA…..but I cannot wait for this movie

• Patrick says:

Corporate masters. Star Wars is owned by Disney, which owns ABC, which airs GMA. Apparently, the ratings of the morning shows are akin to a death sport, and airing the SW commercial there was great for the numbers.

• datdudemurphy says:

Seems like they coulda used the trailer to boost the numbers of a different show, during primetime or something.
        Maybe even Agents of SHIELD.
        Just seems that they’d miss most of the target demographic by airing the commercial at that time.

• Patrick says:

With SW, they figure the target demographic will tune in whenever it airs. They’ve been advertising that the SW trailer would air on GMA, this morning, for a few days now. They are trying to get people who don’t normally watch GMA to tune in. With monster assets like SW trailers, they aren’t going to preach to the choir. They are going to proselytize to the unbelievers.

• c-mo says:

Ha! As one of their target demo then, I had no clue it was being shown this morning and I even watched all of the ABC comedies last night. However I don’t like GMA and wouldn’t even watch for this trailer, I’d watch on another platform.

• datdudemurphy says:

Ha….fair enough.
            Makes sense.
            I am kinda curious how big of a ratings bump GMA got.

2. c-mo says:

Even as a non-Star Wars fan, I thought this looked really good!

3. molly says:

Can. Not. Wait.

4. Joey Padron says:

New and final trailer for the movie looks really good. Can’t wait to see it in December!

5. T H says:

Looked great, and I’m really excited for the film, but I wish I could’ve waited until I was watching the real thing for that reveal regarding her motivations and why they chose her for the mission. Especially after they did such a great job in the previous trailers of not spoiling it.

Still, can’t wait!

• Kaliera says:

Awareness tracking is a thing in Hollywood and it’s been low for Rogue One. Add that to the fact that some people cannot tell Daisy and Felicity apart (around the same age, both British) and less hardcore fans are confused that this is a new story and NOT Star Wars VIII. This trailer was clearly designed to combat those problems.

6. Aubrey says:

This has nothing to do with the actual article, but please get some new ads that aren’t videos that play on their own. Every time I read a new article there’s an ad that knocks off my music and I have to go through the music app just to start it over.

– Thanks.

7. Sara says:

Finally we get to see Mads Mikkelsen!!! Looks so good!

8. Erock says:

What is the song title and artist? Wow…