Trump Engaged in 'Textbook Definition of Sexual Assault,' Biden Tells Meyers

Joe Biden on Wednesday addressed the Donald Trump tape scandal during an appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers.

The vice president declared that Trump’s remarks on the now infamous tape should not be construed as locker room language, but instead the language of sexual assault.

“What I found astounding is that he would so publicly… acknowledge that he engaged in the textbook definition of sexual assault,” Biden said. “He didn’t say ‘I go up and I ask them.’ He said ‘I go up and I grab and I do this.'”

Biden, who drafted the Violence Against Women Act when he was a senator in 1994, deemed Trump’s behavior “absolutely outrageous” and “the ultimate abuse of power.”

“I’ve spent most of my career trying to figure out how to begin to change the culture in this country so that we treat women with respect and with dignity. My dad used to say that the greatest sin of all is the abuse of power, and the cardinal sin of all is a man raising his hand or taking advantage of a woman. Here’s a guy who says… ‘I’m a billionaire, I’m a star, I’m a celebrity, so I can go in and intimidate women and… assault them and assume they’re not going to say anything.’ … I don’t understand how anyone can remotely justify that.”

Watch the excerpt from Meyers’ Biden interview above, then sound off below.

1. Mary says:

There is a man of principles. A few Men and Women could learn a thing or two from him.

2. trickster says:

Sigh. Why can’t they just make Joe Biden President?

3. Jake says:

He’s just bidin’ his time…

4. Haz says:

Good God an entire article about his comments? I used to enjoy reading entertainment blogs in the morning when trying to wake up fully, but between the non stop articles about that Kardashian being “robbed” and St. Hilary vs the villain Trump..I cant even enjoy that. Its overkill. The media will never like Trump, I get it and the Kardashin is still suffering from PTSD let’s move on!

5. pickles says:

Politically Biden is horrible. He is also dumb that is why they kept him hidden for 8 years.

• JScout says:

Your ignorance of politics and governing is remarkable. Joe Biden has been a full partner to Barack Obama in this administration precisely because is so intelligent and has so much experience in government and public policy. You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m embarrassed for you.

6. Gregory House. says:

Add irony to the list of words like ‘literally’ that Biden doesn’t comprehend.
    There is a considerable number of videos of him grabbing girls and women during photo ops that obviously left them severely uncomfortable. He doesn’t go to the extent that that execrable meat sack trump does, but he also clearly has no understanding of personal space and unwanted touching.

• Johnny Styles says:

^ This. There’s a reason he’s Creepy Uncle Joe. (That all said, I’d still rather him be President than Trump or Hillary.)