Fraggle Rock Return HBO

Fraggle Rock to Return to HBO

Dance your cares away, worry’s for another day. Guess what’s coming back? Yep, it’s Fraggle Rock.

The children’s series, which aired on HBO in the 1980s, will soon be available to watch again in digitally remastered form, our sister site Deadline reports.

The puppet show followed a bunch of Jim Henson-created characters and originally ran from 1983 to 1987. The Fraggles, Doozers and Gorgs played music and interacted with each other underground despite huge differences in their ways of life.

HBO confirms to TVLine that the series will air on its broadcast channels and will be available for streaming via HBO Go, HBO Now and HBO On Demand, and that Fraggle Rock will return at the end of the year.

Are you excited about Fraggle Rock’s resurgence? Sound off in the comments!

1. A. D. says:

I’d be more excited if they were new episodes!

2. Salvatore says:

My kids and I have been watching the original series on the limited release complete series DVD set we were gifted a few years back. I’m amazed that they still hold the same charm and are as much fun to watch as they were when I watched them 30+ years ago! The lessons and themes still hold true today. The kids really enjoy them, too.. they’ll pick “Rock!” over just about anything else. I’m very happy they’re going to be available for many more people to enjoy again, or for the first time, in the near future.

3. Writerpatrick says:

So all they’re really doing is running old reruns.

4. Trever Greene says:

Damn, this is like 3 things now that are making me think I need to get HBO back in my house. I threw cable off my property almost 4 years ago, and basically, haven’t watched TV since. Online episodes of tv shows, but not actual TV. This is AWESOME! I love that show, and have been wanting to watch it again. New episodes maybe? I hope so.

5. Rich says:

I’m so glad they’re just remastering and showing the old episodes! It would be hard to recreate the magic that was that show in today’s sterilized children’s programming environment.

6. Kim Archer says:

I named my dog Sprocket! That’s how much I love the Fraggles!

7. Leona Bowen says:

It was one of my favorite shows while my son was growing up.Glad to see it coming back to life!!!

8. I always liked that show and glad it’s coming back, those Muppets are cute.

9. Natalie says:

10. Arosmith says:

Need to do a crossover where Uncle traveling Matt goes pure evil in Westworld.

11. Angela says:

Ooh, fun! I’ll be on the lookout for this :D.

12. Kymberlynn says:

OMG I am so excited this was my favorite show. Can’t wait for the return

13. I am so excited !! My childhood relived !! I can watch with my granddaughter 😀

14. Tammy says:

So looking forward this was my favorite show growing up. Can’t wait for it to be shown again. Love it…

15. joss says:

Looking forward to it. And one never knows… maybe if the reception to the old episodes is good, it makes a good case for that movie they once tried to get greenlit.

16. Dee White says:

I’ll tape it for my grandkids. It will be awesome.

17. KAREN says:

So exciting. Love Fraggle Rock. Watched with my boys and now I will be able to watch with my grandkids.

18. Kayla says:

I absolutely loved watching fraggle rock growing up. Now i can relive that with my daughter. We are so excited :)

19. I’ve got the entire series and extras on DVD and they look and sound great. I’d be happier if they launched another series, with another generation of Fraggles and letters from Gobo in Outer Space.

20. Alice Wood says:

My cousin and I were fraggle minders at an NSPCC party when we were venture scouts. What memories

21. kris says:

Please tell me this is happening… I lived that show… I can’t find it anywhere…

22. That is great! I hope it will be on netflix also!

23. Vera Bazemore says:

Wonderful…I cannot wait for my grandchildren to watch what their parents loved😝😝😝😝😝!

24. Always great to have a pleasant childhood memory blossom back to life:)

25. Can’t wait to see them again. My daughter was a child then, but I think I loved the show as much or more than her. lol

26. Kelly Voss says:

I would love to share this with my kids. I loved this show!

27. How about Australia❓☺️

28. Cheryl Robinson says:

When will the episodes begin airing?

29. Mikel says:

Here’s the thing, I used to live in the Detroit area when F.R. was originally on, and while not watching it faithfully, I tuned in for many of the episodes. I specifically remember – rather randomly – catching what certainly looked like the final episode, which I won’t spoil here, and then actually calling or writing to the Detroit Free Press TV writer to ask if this was really the end of the show. It was, and he had no idea. Too bad it ended just before the internet was around to give it the impetus to be a very must watch show. Marjorie the trash heap, Doc, loved the Doozers and wanted a toy one for my desk. No idea if they even marketed them like they did the Fraggles.

30. Brandi says:

So thrilled that fraggle rock is back!!!!! My grandchildren get to see the best kids show ever put on the air!!! Thanks so much for returning it,