Second Presidential Debate: Winners, Losers, Locker Rooms and Accusers

The second presidential debate is history and we here at TVLine have some awards to hand out.

With ABC News’ Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Anderson Cooper serving as moderators, the 90-minute town hall-style slugfest between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was, as expected, a raucous affair.

As the political pundits bicker over which candidate prevailed — and we have a poll for that below — we’re recognizing the event’s real winners and losers.

Scroll through the gallery to the right to review our picks, then hit the comments to share your own thoughts about the brutal showdown.

1. Suso says:

Nobody wins. Everyone loses.

• Dave says:

I agree 100%. It does bother me that Michael didn’t post one negative thing about Hillary. She had her moments as well. What about fair play?

• Dave says:

Ops I meant Kimberly not Michael :(

• Temperance says:

It’s perfectly fair to discuss why there is only one actual sane adult among the two of them. Only one is qualified for the job. Only one that hasn’t been accused of rape by many women, including an ex-wife, and isn’t on trial next month for raping a 13 year old.

• Lucifer says:

Weird, I could have sworn one has been accused of slandering and threatening her husband’s many alleged rape victims into silence. Among a mountain of political scandals that will of course be written off as “conservatard conspiracy theories.”

Oh, and that ex wife admitted she lied. The case involving an alleged Lolita Express prostitute is extremely questionable considering the same woman (she’s in her 20s now) has filed false claims before. Even the radical feminist website Jezebel has stated their concerns about the claims.

• Temperance says:

Yeah, none of that’s true, Lucifer. He’s got a long, long history of being wildly abusive – everyone knows someone that’s experienced it in NYC. I’m old enough to have been around as it was reported originally – there is no lying, no hiding, and no denying here. He’ll be on trial for doing it – again – this coming month.

• Lucifer says:

Saying something isn’t true because you don’t want it to be doesn’t make it so. But since you clearly support Hillary, it’s not a surprise you think like her.

• QYW says:

A-freaking-men…..

2. Lala says:

At this point in the election if you are still undecided about who you are supporting then you are either an attention seeker or an idiot. At the very least, if you cannot pick who has the better policies, your moral compass should kick in surely. Whom do you consider to be the lesser of the 2 evils?

• Collette says:

I find both candidates to be reprehensible and repugnant. At this point my main concern is who will appoint the next Supreme Court justices and feel that is should not be Hillary.

• Nichole says:

This.

• Mary says:

Well if the Republican Congress had done there job that wouldn’t be a issue. Obama picked a middle of the row and yet they sat on their hands and did nothing. I want Hillary to pick SCJ because I know her pick wouldn’t set our Country back 100 years. ALL citizens would be treated equally and fairly.

• Collette says:

When I look at where things are with world trade, the depleted military, the Kardashians being media darlings, a POTUS who hates Israel and favors countries that subjugate women and kill gays, I don’t think going back is such a bad idea. I don’t know anyone under thirty who is patriotic, selfless, idealistic or without a sense of entitlement. As for citizens being treated equally and fairly, fine. but those privileges and entitlements should be confined to citizens and not extend to illegals or refugees. Refugees should only be granted TEMPORARY asylum.

• Mary says:

Well I am not going to get into a debate about what you posted because the only part I might agree with is about the Kardashians the rest is just your opinion but not necessarily fact.

• molly says:

Naw, just smart enough to realize that this year there is no “lesser” evil – just evil all around. There are many of us who find both our choices to be reprehensible and lacking redeemable qualities. On one side you have a candidate with policies you can’t agree with, a track record of lying and being a miserable individual and other side….you’ve got the same thing.

3. Kristen says:

OMG I can’t believe anyone would say that trump won that. He just talked in circles until everyone got dizzy and forgot that he had never actually answered the questions! Then he flat out lied about things anyone on his twitter feed could recognize as a lie, it would not have taken more than 5 seconds to find… He doesn’t know how Russia “works”?!?!! Shouldn’t he?????? Please people open your eyes before this buffoon gets in the White House!

4. abz says:

I’m not American, but I checked out the debate as I know a lot of people around the world are probably watching too. Trump is insufferable. Talks in circles around every question and rarely answers the question directly. Constantly interrupting Clinton. The man is a clown. I know many people are against the both of them, but how some people can support this fool (Trump) I’ll never understand.

5. Joey says:

I’m not alone in being confused about when Trump was asked about Aleppo, Syria, he started talking about Mosul…..which is in….Iraq.

• Kristen says:

Because he knows nothing about Geography let alone foreign policy,… he doesn’t even know how Russia ‘works’. I hope this is a joke and the real election season starts soon with 2 real candidates.

• Joey says:

I swear I was alternating between laughing and crying during this debate. His behavior was ridiculous and atrocious.

6. niloofar says:

Lincoln line was realy bad, movieclub with banks. haha

7. Wtactualf says:

Trump was pretty bad tonight, not epically so, but he was creepily stalking her. Didn’t own up to his disgusting comments and tweets, lied a hell of a lot, proposed jailing his political opponent like a tyrant. Yeah, I’d say he lost.

8. Abby says:

Ken Bone won

9. MissEllys says:

You guys forgot a winner! Viral hit Ken wit the Red Sweater!

10. Nicole says:

The biggest loser was that poor women who asked about Islamaphobia. She looked so uncomfortable I just wanted to reach into my tv and give her a hug.

11. Will Diamond says:

When Trump was asked if he agreed with Pence and his statement at the VP debate about going up against Syria and Russia to stop the killing in Aleppo Trump disagreed. He sided with Putin and his air campaign to bomb the city of Aleppo into submission even if Putin has to kill everyone in the city.

The US, UK, UN and many others have been trying for a cease fire to bring food and medical aid to the city and to help evacuate the citizens and children caught up in the fighting.

Just who side is Trump really on?

• dean says:

The only side Dolan is on is his own.

• Linda says:

Gosh, guys, what the hell are you talking about? Really? Russia is the one trying to kill all people in aleppo? seriously? all NaTO countries want to help poor syrian people and Russia doesn’t let it? Come on… Where do you get this? You hear only one side of the story. Please, guy open your eyes and at least try to find more information. Try YouTube.
      I hope your country will elect a really good president. Wishing you all the best.

12. Lucifer says:

I enjoyed seeing the fly land on Hillary’s face, right between her eyes. It knew she was a steaming pile.

• Temperance says:

You obviously like disgusting things, even if they are in your own mind.

• dean says:

What the helll else would you expect from Lucifer?

• Lucifer says:

I certainly do not like seeing disgusting things, but Hillary Clinton is a very public figure so it’s unavoidable. Also, the pictures of the fly on her face have gone viral and are now a meme.

• Mary says:

Good think it didn’t land on Trump because of his sniffing it would of went up his nose.
      Gee with all his “money” you think he could get his nasal fix. Did you notice it was more prominent when he was spewing the BS.

13. Mary says:

Well I will give Clinton the slight edge because Trump only played to his base. If his demeanor on that stage last night doesn’t prove he is fish out of water, then we need to revise our education system. He proved once again he is clueless on how the system really works. I am going to call that man the biggest Deflector I have ever seen. Sorry bringing up Bill to try to justify his actions is lowest of low. I know his minions were cheering but seriously Bill is not running. It is obvious he doesn’t understand what the 6th amendment is about because Hillary was the public defender in that 12 year old girl’s rape case, which mean she had to represent him. The only true winner last night was the man in the red sweater asking like a parent to try and put some civility in the debate. I will say I felt sorry for his daughters and wife who had to sit there trying to again explain his inexcusable actions. I just find it ironic how Trump and his supporters attack Hillary for standing by Bill and yet Melania was sitting right there with him.
    I will let you on the true fact, Real Men don’t talk that way, low life drunks might.

• molly says:

I disagree. The issue, for me anyway, isn’t about what Bill did or did not do, per se. The issue is the hypocrisy of those that failed to be outraged (Hillary included) in the same way they are about Trump today. There are women that stood up and accused Bill of rape and sexual harassment. He perjured himself. He was impeached and he lost his law license. But his “minions” are willing to brush it off as “it’s only about sex. Stop being prude.” and “If his wife is ok with it, we should be too.” They are ok with his wife and his supporters turning the dialogue around to demonize his accusers. Yet an old tape of Trump being a boorish, sexist, slug comes up and the same people act like the world is coming to a screeching halt until we realize the danger he represents. It’s hypocrisy and that alone makes the Bill-side of the coin worth bringing up.

• Andrea says:

+1 Molly It speaks to the fact that Hillary comes off as an opportunistic person. Back then, it served her (for whatever reason( to stay with Bill. She’s married to him. That is her right. However, by making that choice, she loses the credibility to be shocked and appalled at people like Trump when it comes to inappropriate sexual behavior. By staying with Bill, she maintained his political career and established a framework for her own. That again is her right, but it is also a form of tacit acceptance of the behavior. Don’t then tell me how disgusted you are and what does this say about Trump’s character. You apparently were just fine with Bill’s character.

• molly says:

That’s pretty much what I just said, Andrea. :) If the “you” in your sentence refers to me than you’re off here. 1992 was the 1st election I was old enough to vote in and I can honestly say, I have never voted for a Clinton in part because I disagree with their policies and in part because I can’t stand their character “flaws”

• Andrea says:

@Molly, Nah..the you was Hillary. I switched from her to you…fingers moving before brain and no edit button. We actually agree on this.

• Tennisnsun says:

Hillary has wanted to be President since she was a little girl. I don’t for one moment believe she was fine with Bill’s character, he was merely a stepping stone within her ultimate framework to achieve her own goal. I think it is politically convenient for her that Trump’s tape has surfaced now and she is certainly taking advantage of that to turn voters against him. Actually I hope she is successful. In the first place, Bill Clinton is not running for President and Trump coming forward with all the childish pranks to discredit Hillary and openly stalking her on stage show me even more why he should not be President. My biggest problem with Trump is that he appears to be a totally toxic individual who would have the power to ultimately disseminate his dangerous and unpleasant personna over the world for years. That frightens me.

• Mary says:

Well I never said I excuse Bill’s action, in fact I wouldn’t have voted for him if he was running. I said it was his behavior not hers. Both men are dogs to be honest. My point, which you totally gloss over is her husband action does not reflect on her. Yes, she choose to stand by him for whatever reason, not the only female who has, and so does Melania. The hypocrisy is Trump deflecting onto Bill, who is not running to try to take the heat off from him. You are either blind or naive to think it is just the one tape that has many not just Women realize that he is not presidential material. If you look past your hatred of Hillary, and really listen to what comes out of his mouth this wasn’t an isolated incident. It is obvious you see nothing wrong with his words, and cannot see what type of person he truly is. That is your cross to bear not mine.

• Andrea says:

@Mary, actually I’m good with my cross, so thanks much. Where you and I disagree is the fact that Bill’s actions do not reflect on Hillary and Trump’s actions do not reflect on Melania. I think they are a reflection on both women because they speak to what each woman is willing to put up with to fulfill whatever goals they have, Hillary wants the White House. I have no idea what Melania wants (likely money). That is fine. I’m not married to either man (nor would want to be). As you said, this is not an isolated incident for either woman. In Hillary’s case, that is the major flaw in her argument. All of a sudden, she has a problem now. How politically convenient. Oh, and I’m not naive enough to think there’s only one tape, Bill had more than woman. What I’m smart enough to see is that there’s a noticeable difference between how quiet Hillary was then and how loud she is now…and to realize that there’s a third party to vote for. We’re likely going to get stuck with Hillary anyway, but I won’t be voting to put her or Trump in office.

14. Andrea says:

The issue that I have is if inappropriate sexual behavior is part of the conversation, Hillary Clinton’s past and her behavior and how she dealt with Bill are also relevant. What Trump said was disgusting, but Hillary is the one championing what we should tell our daughters. She seems to forget that she told hers, Yes, your father can sleep with all manner of women, but I’ve got my future political career to consider, sweetie.” I’ve voted as a Democrat for years, but I’m bothered by the hypocrisy of the message. JFK was no prize in private, either, so let’s not kid ourselves, here. Trump is gross and disgusting, but he is not unique.

• Andrea says:

@Mary: seriously Bill is not running. Bill may not be running, but how Hillary handled Bill speaks to her motives. She did not divorce him after a string of infidelities by Bill, and I firmly believe that was a political move. She had political aspirations years ago, and she undoubtedly knew that most political candidates have a spouse. It’s not ironic that Melania is with Trump. What is ironic is that the thing that is lost is that Hilary made a similar decision as Melania, and we’re supposed to believe that Hillary is shocked and appalled? She apparently wasn’t shocked and appalled enough to kick Bill to the curb, so there is a certain level of hypocrisy here. The Democratic Party isn’t immune to this, either.

• Collette says:

Check out who is Chelsea’s father and who are Bill’s children. Research.

• Andrea says:

@Collette, not sure what you are trying to say, but if you’re insinuating that Chelsea isn’t Bill’s, I don’t see how that would reflect positively on Hillary. I think, even if she doesn’t publicly say anything, Trump’s issues are a reminder of Bill’s.

• Collette says:

IMO Nothing reflects positively on either candidate. As I’ve stated elsewhere, my concern is that Hillary must not be the one to make the next Supreme Court justice appointments. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be a member of any club that would accept either of them.

• Mary says:

Yet if she had divorce him Trump and the Repugs would be attacking her for that. She is in a no win situation. She might have stayed for political move. She might swallow her pride and stayed for her daughter. It is really nobody’s business why she made that decision. You are making a lot of assumptions about what went on in their house and how she handle it. So what you are saying because she chose to stay she is not allowed to be appalled by Trump’s words and actions. Unless you have been through the situation who are you to judge. It is obvious you didn’t understand what I was saying about Melania or Hillary. You condemn her and yet Melania gets a free pass. I stand by my statement Bill is not running and for Trump to deflect it away from him is low. Seriously DEFLECTION doesn’t change the facts.

• Andrea says:

No, Melania does not get a pass. If she chooses to stay in a marriage with her husband, that’s her choice, but then she should not publicly condemn another for allowing behavior similar to what is happening in her marriage. You are right that I don’t know why Hillary stayed, but she stayed…and then to criticize behavior similar to her husband’s when someone else did it…you are making this about what Bill did. This is about how Hillary reacted to what Bill did. She can talk about Trump’s in a lot of areas, but to be accepting enough of his husband but yet so critical of someone else for sexually inappropriate behavior is hypocritical.

15. yankeefly26 says:

I am joining the Kenneth Bone movement.

16. Robin says:

Love the pic of the two of them. It looks like they are singing a duet. LOL I keep hearing “Islands in the Stream” for some crazy reason.

I don’t like either one of them and wish we could get a do over. Trump did better; Hilary fumbled. Will be interesting to see if Trump criticizes Chris Wallace in the final debate like has the other moderators.

17. Whatevah8 says:

The picture above really does look like they’re singing Karaoke.

18. Chris says:

I’m curious — instead of all the ‘talk shows’ and SNL degrading Donald Trump, why aren’t they joking about the fact that the US Navy is deploying in the Middle East? That the killing of innocemts in Aleppo is being masterminded by the Russians? That Hillary’s latest email revelations show her angry that the Florida terrorist attack was a Muslim? Yes, she felt it would have been better for her campaign if the killer had been a ‘white Christian man’. She actually said that! I guess those things just aren’t as ‘joke worthy’ as Donald Trump. But, that can’t possibly be what he means by the election being ‘rigged’, right? Cuz the liberal controlled media and entertainment outlets would never ignore world affairs and the miserable failure known as the Obama administration, right? Yes, as Hillary has stated…..”Whem I’m president, we’ll continue with the Obama legacy.” God forbid.