Exclusive

Gilmore Girls Revival Video: Lauren, Alexis, Scott, Jared, Milo & Co. Herald 'Unimaginable' Return to Stars Hollow

It’s not a trailer, but it’s the next next best thing.

To commemorate the 16th anniversary of Gilmore Girls‘ premiere on The WB, Netflix is treating fans to a swoonworthy trip down memory lane while also (and here’s where things get exciting) offering a tangential sneak peek of next month’s revival.

You see, while the above video package doesn’t actually contain any footage from the four-part continuation, titled Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, it does boast fresh interviews with the key players — including Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson, Jared Padalecki, Milo Ventimiglia and Matt Czuchry — that were conducted while they were on set and, presumably, dressed in character. (Hey, it’s something!)

The streamer is also marking today’s “Gilmoreversary” by converting hundreds of coffee shops around the country into mini Luke’s Diners, with free java to boot (a full list of participating locations can be found here.)

Press PLAY above and bask in the nostalgia, then head out to grab your gratis coffee at Luke’s, and then, to be sure, make sure your iPhone alarm is set for 12:01 am PT on Friday, Nov. 25.

1. ljd213 says:

I got weepy and loved it.

2. Amanda says:

I got so teary eyed watching this. Just the theme song alone makes me emotional! So excited for AYITL

3. c-mo says:

Ahhh, I’m now even more excited to go get my free coffee in my Luke’s Diner cup!!!! Happy Luke’s Diner Day everyone!!!

4. I really miss Edward. Him being gone will be hard.

• Em says:

yeah that was my thought when I saw this – I am prepared for A LOT of tears when I watch it!

• Ari says:

Yes, ever since they announced the revival I’ve been trying to emotionally prepare myself for Gilmore Girls without Richard. As we inch closer to the premiere I’m realizing there is not way to prepare. There will be tears and ugly crying.

• Maddie says:

You need to get a grip. It’s a TV show. If you’re spending time “emotionally preparing” for a TV show, then you need more substance in your life.

• PL says:

As do you if you feel the need to criticize how someone else spends their time or judges them for being emotionally invested in a show. A real person did die, not just a character.

5. Gwynevere says:

I am so excited and cannot wait for it! It is the biggest show that I have looked forward to this year. Well actually probably the last 5 or 6 years. I absolutely loved the Gilmore Girls. I grew up watching this show and have followed the actors/actresses after the show ended. It made a lot of this casts careers and most of them have been very successful. The writing on this show was intelligent, whitty, fun, full of love and wad a beautiful mother daughter bond. Their were so many emotions I had while watching Lorelai and Emily relationship as it started out strained and then turned into a very strong and loving mother daughter bond. Rory and Lorelis relationship had its bumps but always, at least to me was the ultimate relationship and I very much loved watching it every week. The fact that almost everyone is back for it makes me feel as though it almost never left.
    Oops.. Sorry I typed so much..
    I am ready for November!

6. Angie says:

Why don’t you stop trying to spoil it for everyone. Just let us watch it when it comes on Netflix. I’m super excited to see this. I have watched every episode, have all the dvd, and continue to watch when I am home and it is on tv. Please stop trying to spoil it for us.

• LaDonna says:

Ummm…there wasn’t a single spoiler in that clip. Did you even watch it? If not, then quit complaining. Secondly, TV Line didn’t create or release clip. It was put out by Netflix who MADE the revival. It’s called promotional material. If you don’t want to run into a single preview scene or even a single line, I would highly recommend you just put November 25 on your calendar and get off the internet until then.

• Gaia says:

It’s really simple. Don’t click on the link.

7. meleliot says:

Back in the day, my daughter and I watched Gilmore Girls and we pretended we were Loreli and Rory. Ever since then we quote passages to each other and laugh when life would resemble theirs just a little. She would even make me GG cards for my birthday. Now she is 27 and has moved from Maryland to California and we are sad we won’t be watching it together. You know, there are only a few things in life that will make a permanent mark, and Gilmore Girls is one of them.

• LaDonna says:

LOL! My 16 year old daughter and I are the same way. She and I watch reruns over and over again. We have a pretty decent mother/daughter relationship and I actually had someone tell me one that we reminded her of Lorali and Rory. I took that as a HUGE compliment!

8. Linda Emerson says:

I’M SO EXCITED!!!

9. Jennifer says:

OMG!!!! Can’t wait. What’s up with “Logan’s” outfit. Nov 25th CANNOT get here fast enough!!!!

• Ari says:

YES! Is he in costume for some reason? Haha! Has Logan taken up acting? I can’t imagine him wearing that for any other reason.

10. carrionne says:

I just want to know why Matt Czuchry is wearing that weird suit

• Shannon says:

I thought the same thing!! What’s up with “Logan’s” outfit!

• Kate says:

I can only thik of Halloween or some Life and Death Brigade thing

• Jennifer says:

Or something with the “Stars Hallow Musical”? It kinda looks like the reenactment uniforms that have been used. (Which may not bode well for those (like me) who are “Team Jess”).

• Courtney says:

Why don’t you think that’s a good sign for Jess? :(

• Jennifer says:

My thought? if Logan is helping out, he’s involved in the town. Since he didn’t live there, he’s gotta be involved with someone in the town, Ergo, Rory. Sad.

11. MMD says:

CANNOT WAIT and yes I’m yelling, sorry about that. Have watched the series twice in preparation for this November. Still can’t believe that I didn’t watch the show when it was airing………….smdh but this has been even better getting to watch all at once.

It would have been nice if there had been more pop-ups in Canada but I’m pleased at the total amount Netflix did do because they didn’t have to do any. It goes to show they appreciate their viewers.

• LaDonna says:

Only twice? JK LOL!!!

• MMD says:

That’s even like a couple of months after all the kerfuffle about the reunion took place. Had never heard of the show before. I thought that was pretty dedicated at 7 seasons of 22 episodes, not to mention the other shows I rewatched. I had to sleep, eat, shower, ya know, the basics of life. :’-)

• LaDonna says:

I’m just teasing! :) My daughter and I binge watch almost every weekend. I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve watched the series…but yeah, we’ve been watching for years.

• MMD says:

I know that you’re just teasing LaDonna – but now that I’ve discovered it I’ve been doing is eating, sleeping and dreaming Gilmore Girls. After all I have a lot of years to get caught up on. Everybody and I mean everybody I know seems to have watched it when it aired except me.

• LaDonna says:

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! You have been Gilmored!

• MMD says:

I had some really interesting dreams when I took a break to binge Longmire. LOL :-)

12. Collette says:

I haven’t seen any word about whether TJ [Michael DeLouise] and Liz will be in it. Does anyone know?

13. jj says:

I was just smiling throughout the video, can’t wait until november 25th

14. Sally Mander says:

Sixteen years has aged everyone but me!

15. Jill says:

This made me so happy!

16. Josh says:

Everything was great….but Lane’s outfit. WTF was that?

I’m trying to piece together clues from costumes but can only really get two
    1) Paris is at Chilton(with Rory) for some “look at successful I am, you can be this way too” for Chilton students(and hopefully she’s in more than just that scene. I need Paris!)
    2) Logan is either still doing stupid, pretentious theme parties or he’s helping out Rory with some book fair or something related with books(my only hope for Logan is he stops being friends with Colin and Finn, who are the worst).

And that’s really all I can gather. And Lane has lost her mind, apparently.

• LaDonna says:

Since the first episode is Winter, and there’s alot of winter behind him, I thought maybe Logan somehow ended up helping out with one of the Stars Hollow winter themed festivals. The costume has something to do with that, maybe? But yeah, my curiosity is piqued!

17. lkh says:

As many times as I’ve watched the episodes (embarrassed to say), when she comes downstairs at the diner wearing his shirt and everyone turns and looks at the same time, I laugh. It just makes me laugh–glad they put it in here.

18. Goose bumps watching that! Get ready for the big Gilmore day, and everyday with an as seen on show or inspired by outfit! GilmoreGarbs.com has got you covered, literally and, you know, figuratively!