Vice Presidential Debate Live Stream: Watch Pence and Kaine's First Face-Off

Eight days after presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton traded barbs in their first televised debate, it’s time to hear from their respective seconds in command.

Vice presidential candidates Mike Pence and Tim Kaine are set to take the stage at 9/8c on Tuesday at Longwood University in Farmville, Va., in a debate moderated by CBS News’ Elaine Quijano.

Tuesday’s debate will be divided into nine 10-minute segments. Each segment will begin with an opening question from Quijano, to which each candidate will be given two minutes to respond. The remaining six minutes are reserved for elaborations and rebuttals.

Though most of the pressure will remain on the candidates, Quijano is also likely to face a good deal of scrutiny from viewers. Following last week’s presidential debate, moderator Lester Holt received an “F” from 42 percent of TVLine readers; less than 20 percent graded him above a “C.” Among their grievances, our readers felt that Holt failed to enforce time limits and allowed himself to be interrupted too often.

Hit PLAY on the live stream above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Joey says:

Only 15 minutes in and I’m already renewing my call for shock collars for any and all candidates who interrupt.

2. WHY is Sen. Kane wearing a red tie & Gov. Pence a blue one? I thought the parties’ colors were the opposite.

3. Tom says:

Either Kaine is the most ignorant person I have ever seen in my life or he is bought and paid for, either way he is great at bending the truth. You go boy!!!

• Angela says:

Kaine’s bending the truth? Pence is sitting there trying to deny that Trump’s insulted women, Mexicans, African-Americans, etc. and refuses to acknowledge Trump’s weird fascination with Russia and Putin. Never mind that we, y’know, can just go to various interviews with Trump, as well as his own tweets, for evidence of his insults towards others, as well as his statements about Russia/Putin and his relationship with both.
      He also completely sidestepped actually answering the question of how to deal with terrorists who were born and raised here.

4. Nevergivenup says:

Pence hit the nail on the head. If it would of been me or you on the Hillary emails. We would of been court marshaled. Tim Kane can’t shut up for 2 seconds. Continuously interrupts.

5. Ron says:

Ugh. Just ugh. I’m an hour in–how I’ve made it this far is beyond me. This debate is horrible. Both are shockingly dry and boring. Kaine seems unnecessarily aggressive and annoying in his constant interruptions. Pence looks and sounds like the dumbest person in the world trying to say and act like Trump hasn’t said the things he’s on video actually saying. They both have also missed great moments to question the other on their records and the policies of their running mates. It’s almost like I know more about their records than they do. I think the core problem is that they are both absolutely terrible at debating. That is clear. I think a high school debate team could do better than the two of them at debating. I have to say, I’m loving the moderator, though.

6. twofoodnuts says:

Does Pense answer any question that are asked? Deflect, deflect, deflect!

7. Dale Shattuck says:

Too bad Tim Kaine can’t do anything but attack and repeat democrat talking points, false as they may be. His constant referring back to the Tax Returns issue, and Donald Trump’s taking of deductions (WHICH HILLARY CLINTON HAS TAKEN AS WELL DOWN TO BILL CLINTON’S UNDERWEAR, I WILL ADD) got really grating REALLY fast.

8. DrZ says:

Women should have the right to abort (the Senator). However, they should never be given the right to chose the school to which their child attends should they decide not to abort.

In short women have the right to abort. All other rights are subject to approval of the Democratic Party.

9. Big Cheddar says:

Yes! Or cut off their mike until it’s time for their rebuttal. The interruptions and steamrolling of the moderator is really frustrating.