2017 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

TVLine’s annual cheat sheet of relief, anxiety and utter anguish known as the Renewal Scorecard has arrived!

From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return for another season… and which will join The Family over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we once again present you with our easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel — including info on full-season pickups! — so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal grid are as follows:

♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC

The $100,000 Pyramid: Officially renewed.
American Crime:
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Could go either way
Match Game: A safe bet
The Middle: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Mistresses:
Officially cancelled
Modern Family:
A safe bet. A sure thing
Notorious:
Speechless:
A safe bet
Still Star-Crossed:
Premieres May 29
Time After Time:
Officially cancelled

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

1. kmw says:

I love how most of FOX’S shows are too early to tell. Sad state of affairs over there. Also I find interesting that Notorious is a long shot and Conviction is too early to tell. Since neither started well both should be long shots

2. kirads09 says:

Early predictions (these are just my personal opinions ok)

Timeless, Designated Survivor and This is Us already shaping up to be the big breakout hits of the new season.

OUAT – this will be the last season

Conviction – will go full season probably, but not renew (please give us back Agent Carter)

Possibly last seasons for Gotham, SHIELD and Empire

3. kirads09 says:

Oh, and as far as mid-season. Emerald City, Riverdale and Still Star Crossed will all do really well.

4. KLS says:

I know I missed it from the Summer, but what was the show from the Blind Item: “Mature show ending like Penny Dreadful (unannounced). Actors getting offers from other projects”?

5. Chris Leonardi says:

Conviction premiered to .9 and dropped to a .8 this week. Pretty sure it is absolutely not too early to call this one done.

6. PatriciaLee says:

The husband said, “Write, If they keep this up, pretty soon I’m going to have to watch the shows the wife likes, and don’t do that to me. Renew Blue Bloods, Elementary, and Hawaii Five-O, please.”

7. Laura says:

Why is Timeless a long-shot?

• Alichat says:

I was wondering that myself. It’s only aired two episodes and while the ratings did drop a bit in the second week, it performed the best in its timeslot.

• Kris says:

Sadly any time travel series (Quantum Leap being an exception) just doesn’t do well. I’ve watched many over the years, and few make it past the first season.I like the premise of Timeless, but my attention has waned a bit. So I’m not sure if that is just me, or the show. But would love to see it fare well!

8. Why is Timeless a long shot ?

9. mrnoname11 says:

Convection is a goner. ABC should have stuck with agent Carter.

10. ktc1986 says:

lol @ Supergirl being too early to tell, didn’t it just break an 8 year record on the CW?

11. I like to see the CW in this line up.

12. lostom1 says:

I like to see dead people

13. teresa says:

can’t say I am too surprised on some of these shows being cancelled others did take me by surprise, I kind of figured with the firing of Thomas Gibson that Crimeral Minds would tank, this show can’t take 2 big names leaving within such an short time. Time will tell if it survives.

14. Linda Esposito says:

Conviction is terrible. Lead actress overacts to the point of nausea. Notorious also is bad. Why do the cable shows broadcast much better TV?

15. Julianne caesar says:

Will there be actual original programming to look forward to? That would be a novelty because it seems at least 75% of programming is reality TV, sports, religion, shopping, game shows, children’s shows. Actual original programming, it feels like more than half its time is commercials. One 30-min show may have half that time devoted to commercials.

I grew up in the era of the infamous tin foil rabbit ears, limited programming BUT it was all original, and ‘reality tv’ didn’t yet exist. Commercials didn’t take up half the time of every program. Programming went off the air at midnight. TVs were like pieces of furniture, big and heavy and not easy to move around. Oh, and TV was free.

Today, you need cable or a dish to watch TV. Even the basic package costs nearly as much per month as a car payment. TVs are thin, lightweight, can be hung like a picture. Programming is available 24/7 and On Demand let’s you watch a show when you want to, for a price.

Still not sure if today’s TV experience is “progress.”

16. Tricia says:

Oh yeah CBS, Great idea to canncel Person of Interest and Limitless. 2 shows that had ratings and were smart TV. Nope, lets go with crap and have no one watch it.. bang up job

• Another Poster says:

To quote Les Moonves; CBS cancelled Person of Interest, (and probably Mike and Molly), because they did not own them and did not make as much money as Elementary, which they do own and whose ratings were worse than PoI. I do sometimes watch Person of Interest in repeats on another network instead of watching some of the new programs on CBS as a protest against the cancellation of such an excellent program.

17. donna k tate says:

please renew Night Shift!

18. Paige says:

Why is “Timeless” already a long shot?!? It’s so good! Meanwhile “Couldn’t Get Arrested In This Town” (sorry, meant “Notorious”) is still viable?
    I know, different timeslots, different networks, yada yada yada
    I just have to mention them both because I’m enjoying Timeless SO much – while Notorious is SO bad It’s offensive!

• Avon says:

I noticed Timeless long shot status too. I hate that networks are so quick to judge. I love Timeless and would be sad if it goes!!

19. CH says:

I don’t understand Blue Bloods either way – the ratings are usually high…are there contract issues with Tom Selleck or the other stars?

20. Took a "Lethal" cance says:

I watched the first episode of Lethal Weapon purely out of curiosity because I loved the movies (I have the collector set). I was hesitant to watch thinking that no one would be able to match Mel Gibdon’s version of the wild and unpredictable Riggs character. I am surprised and happy to report that I was “blown” away by the show and it is one of my top 3 favorites of the season. I’m so glad to hear it was picked up for a full season! Here’s hoping for a few more seasons.

21. Took a "Lethal" chance says:

22. Nikol says:

Oh, I would love to see here Shoot Spin-off as new show with Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi in lead roles. Or at least it would be good to see “Person of Interest” as officially renewed.

23. lisasride says:

I’m begging here… Please renew Pitch. It is honestly the best new show this season. It is just on a tough night – Thursday.

24. lisasride says:

Mid-season has better shows than the fall premieres this year. Is it because of the election coverage? With the exception of two new shows, this season’s premieres seem drab.

25. kayla says:

I hope conviction doesnt get cancelled!

26. Jennifer says:

Hi Michael – Can you post the Cable renewal scorecard? In the past, it’s been a link within this one.

Thanks!

27. Krofdorf says:

I think Hawaii 5 O and Blue Bloods are both very good shows and I hope they will not be cancelled. I love Tom Selleck as Commissioner of NYC Police and I look forward to this show every week. It is definitely better than the remake of MC Giver.

• Laura C says:

Amen to Blue Bloods- LOVE that show, ALL the cast. Hope it is renewed for seasonS to come. Love Tom as police chief Jesse Stone too.

• Another Poster says:

Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods are doing extremely well since September 2016. Renewal is a 99.99% certainty. They are doing better than many shows on CBS are doing, (in the 18 – 49 demo), Sunday – Thursday.

• Louise demillo says:

Yes I prefer for Blue Blood and Hawaii Five 0 to be renewed rather than the McGyver remake. But I would be ecstatic if Transporter will be “resurrected”

28. Amy Hopple says:

Wow, I really hope they don’t cancel The Exorcist, I really like that show, Timeless is pretty good too.. I really can’t understand why Scorpion would not be a sure bet!

29. Christian says:

Oh for God’s sake, would they please put Big Bang Theory to sleep! It stopped being funny about three years ago, and it’s just getting more and more tragic to watch. Nerdy hipsters don’t age well.

30. macnificobis says:

Timeless: A long shot…
    Darn! One of the few interesting new shows, and is a long shot…

31. Tim P says:

Lost interest once Castle, Agent Carter, Rizzoli and Grimm all cancelled. Thankfully still some CW and Netflix worth watching…

32. Mike says:

Supergirl should be a sure thing and not only safe bet. I mean come on man

33. Lauren says:

Do you think it’s a good sign that they just ordered a few more Timeless episodes or can we not read into that?

34. Collette says:

Fascinating. I didn’t realize how few network shows I watch. ABC and CW = 0, CBS = 4, NBC = 2, Fox = 1. Lots of PBS and cable.

35. Nic says:

Do you have any mid season premier dates or winter break finale dates?

36. Dante says:

Lucifer was already picked up for a full season.

37. Louise says:

Any chance The Transporter 3 will be reconsidered?

38. Joan Comarell says:

ABC please don’t cancel “Notorious” It’s one of your better shows and now we know you are winding them up after a few episodes makes it easier to watch and doesn’t bog down looking for story lines that are basically “filler fodder”

39. D.kramer says:

Please don’t cancel notorious

40. Please don’t cancel Conviction or Notorious. Love them Presidential hoopla affected ratings. Give these shows a fair chance.

41. Ash says:

Scared for Pitch, Night Shift, and Legends of Tomorrow. And on cable: From Dusk Till Dawn.

42. kmw says:

Well for Pitch fans its nice to see it go from its too early to tell to could go either way, but I still think its unlikely to come back. Lethal Weapon should not be too early to tell. Its FOX’S second highest rated drama after Empire And how nice that Scream Queens has been put in the place it should have been last year as a long shot

43. Freda says:

I enjoyed the show Convictions. The problem was the time slot. It was on the same time Scorpion was on. Put it on at another time and the show will. E great. Maybe another station will pick it up and the show will be a success.

44. Shib Neddeff says:

Designated Survivor and This is US are not very good , Conviction and Notorious are better, Networks pull trigger way to fast

45. shelly says:

Why do you think Once is a safe bet? Ratings fallen especially against historic World Series, Trump and Football bleeding into prime time. I have seen articles where it has been cancelled.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Once is still abc fourth or fifth highest rated show and several abc shows are doing worse than it and more likely to be cancelled first and abc can’t cancel every poorly performing show so it’s highly likely Once will be renewed despite the ratings drop

46. donald marazo says:

hope mcgyver returns for 2017-2018 season. Lucas Till plays the part well. This show is just fun to watch and always full of action.

47. Barbara Johnson says:

Why would you cancel a great show like Grimm. We have a huge fan base and hundreds of thousands of people watch the show and we love it. We even have our own closed website for members Yet you keep idiot shows that don’t deserve it I hope another channel picks it up and you will realize what you lost because we will be watching them.

48. Hey Michael why is Scorpion ‘too early to tell’? What about syndication like Madam Secretary?

49. Promotv says:

Season 4.episode 19.\r\n\r\nHe sung “me and rock and roll im here to stay”and “take me clear from here”\r\n\r\nPlease.I search in whole internet and nothing.And dvd of soul train and nothing.\r\n\r\nPlease you can help me