Notorious Ratings

Ratings: Notorious Holds Steady in Week 2, While Pitch Dips

In the wake of rough reviews, ABC’s Notorious in Week 2 drew 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating (per finals), slipping 17 percent in audience from its premiere yet holding steady in the demo.

Bookending the freshman drama, Grey’s Anatomy (8.4 mil/2.4) and How to Get Away With Murder (with series lows of 4.3 mil/1.3) each dipped a tenth in the demo, with the former dominating the CBS football-free Thursday in both measures.

Elsewhere on the night….

FOX | Rosewood (3.6 mil/0.8) rose a tenth, while Pitch (3.7 mil/1.0) slipped 12 and 9 percent from its debut.

NBC | Fresh off its full-season order, Superstore (4.4 mil/1.3) slipped 14 percent. The Good Place (4.4 mil/1.3) dipped and Chicago Med (6.7 mil/1.3) each dipped a tenth, while Blacklist (6.1 mil/1.1) was down 12 percent in the demo, hitting an all-time low.

1. kate says:

That’s too bad, Superstore was very funny last night. I also enjoyed the Jason Mendoza of it all on the Good Place.

2. RedReddington says:

Series low in the demo for The Blacklist right? Tom Keen should have never been left alive. He’s ruined this show.

• wrstlgirl says:

I disagree, love Tom but I don’t necessarily like him w/Liz. I prefer him on his own which fortunately we will see with the spin-off. The problem I’m having with the Blacklist is the continued “save Liz” mentality. I’m over it and wish the show would get back to it’s season one formula.

• Ian says:

All the great shows lose their way at some point. It’s just inevitable, I’ve learned.

• KLS says:

Agree. I binged the first 2 seasons, got hooked, then the “save Liz” seasons kicked in. Never really watched it live and bailed.

• Penny says:

I’ve hated the Tom Keen character for so long but I agree with you. I think I actually just hate him with Liz more than actually hating him. I just wish it was mid season already and we can lose him. Redemption is supposed to be more of a spy show so I think it will fit him better. I do feel like his character isn’t doing the Blacklist any justice. He only adds to the ‘save Liz’ mentality that needs to be over.

• Evilene says:

Why couldn’t they have just let Liz stay dead. I think the show would be better.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t disagree with you there. I’d much rather have them avenging her death than doing the save Liz dance every week. Reminds me of the “save Elena” spiral that they turned TVD into.

• Marci says:

I wish Liz had stayed dead too. She’s gotten to be an annoying drag on the show. And I’ll be happy when Tom is gone. I hope Mr. Kaplan has really survived the shooting by Red. She’s one of my favorite characters.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Ties the demo low, yes, but it’s expected to adjust up to a 1.2.

• JCPrime1 says:

Nope. Love Tom and him with Liz.

3. wrstlgirl says:

My gut tells me Pitch is gonna get better and better as time goes on, if it is given the chance.

4. Sally Mander says:

Wow reruns did better than Good Place? Where’s all the Kristen Bell love?

5. kmw says:

Bad for Blacklist and HTGAWM, but I am surprised that Rosewood went up a little and even though Pitch went down it stayed pretty even with Rosewood. FOX will probably be happy both didn’t sink further. Grey’s just keeps going and going

• Kevin K says:

I’m wondering if The Blacklist should end after five seasons. They really need to end the Red vs. Kirk storyline once and for all maybe next week or the week after.

• Ben says:

Five seasons is about perfect for shows like the Blacklist. They can’t possibly work forever, they need resolution, and they’ll always be disappointing if they drag on to long and/or don’t end properly.

6. Ken says:

What is going on with How To Get Away With Murder? The episode last night was awesome and i love the intricate plotting. I would murder if this show is cancelled after 3 seasons. (Another favorite, although wildly different, Scream Queens, has bottomed out even more than the first season.) I’m getting a little annoyed at having to ratings watch to see which of my favorite shows will make it to another season.

• Sammie says:

Oh my! Finally I am not alone. I am also surprised with the ratings of Scream Queens and HTGAWM! Both shows were really great this season but the ratings were quite horrible. I hope the ratings get better. Those two were my favourite tv shows.

7. Kevin K says:

What are we predicting on which new show of the Fall TV season is likely going to be first to get cancelled?

• KLS says:

I want to see how Timeless and Conviction does next week before I place my bet.

• wrstlgirl says:

I really have no plans to watch either of those, maybe Conviction but Timeless doesn’t appeal to me at all. It has a good cast but that’s about all I see that interests me. Can’t wait to see how it goes.

• herman1959 says:

Ditto, we need to let all of the new shows roll out and run for 3 or 4 weeks before we can make that call. Let’s see how the CW shows do.

• Kevin K says:

Really excited about Timeless come Monday but I have no interest for Conviction.

• wrstlgirl says:

Well my pick was Notorious even before it aired but now I’m not so sure, LOL!!

• coneyro says:

FYI.. Notorious is getting better each week. I’ve learned not to listen to the critics, and make up my own mind. They also panned Rosewood, and it is also quite good.

HTGAWM, for me sucks. One season was all I could take. Mr Robot, a hugh success, is too confusing.

See, different strokes….. Yada, yada, yada…. ✌

8. Ronnie says:

The initial numbers are not as important as the Live +7 numbers. Most people catch up on their shows on the weekends, especially 10PM shows and the numbers go up.

9. Robin Evans says:

The ratings are not fair, there are so many good shows on and all at the same time!!! Each show is getting their fair share of ratings if you think about it! We can’t watch all of them at the same time Jeez!!!

10. HAP says:

The low tune in for the premier episode of Notorious was because of tepid reviews. But it’s obvious that folks who did watch came back for more. It’s a better show than many out there.

11. Pete Croner says:

Notorious is honestly a great show. Many reviewers seem sooo out of touch with this one. It’s gotta be the most fun addition to any network lineup. The show’s ability to hold onto their viewers shows that the people are gonna keep coming back for more.

12. Nero tTVfiddler says:

True – Notorious held steady, but is that steady good, or steady bad? One could argue that Rosewood is also holding steady, but at 0.8 in the demo, that is steady bad. Perhaps the bleeding has been stopped? At least for now?

Holding steady at 1.1 in the demo is not necessarily a smooth sailing prognosis – not bad (or not worse), but still not what ABC wants at 9pm on a Thursday. If Notorious holds steady above 1.0 in the demo, that is probably good enough to survive, but not thrive. The question however, that will probably continue to be asked: is HTGAWM better served with Grey’s as lead-in, or Notorious? I assume at some point, Shondaland will want a chance to have that question answered.

13. ninergrl6 says:

I hate baseball but I’m (surprisingly) loving Pitch. One of my co-workers and I are already hooked and have been talking it up in the lunch room. I’m really glad I gave the show a chance and I hope others (especially Fox) do too.

14. SuzieR says:

Don’t know how many people have been affected by this… DISH in my area (in the west) is showing Notorious as scheduled for 9:00 p.m. and HTGAWM at 8:00 p.m. In reality, HTGAWM was shown at 9:00, and Notorious at 8:00. This affected the pilot and this week’s episode, so instead of recording Notorious, it was HTGAWM (which I don’t watch). Watched Notorious online. This week I’ll be recording both hours so I don’t miss Notorious. Ratings skewed?

15. not liking Notorious too much