Exclusive

MacGyver Sneak Peek: Amy Acker Is Beaming After a Badass Gunfight

Person of Interest alum Amy Acker goes from guns a-blazing hot to smiley and warm, in this exclusive sneak peek from Episode 2 of CBS’ MacGyver.

In “Metal Saw,” airing Friday at 8/7c, MacGyver and the team set out to assist Sarah Adler (played by Acker), Jack’s former CIA partner/ex-girlfriend who went missing in Venezuela after she obtained evidence to take down an international arms dealer.

“She does get kidnapped, but she definitely does not need to be rescued,” showrunner Peter M. Lenkov previously told TVLine. After all, Adler is “a female version of George Eads’ Jack Dalton, and she’s pretty badass!”

Check out Acker first in the already released clip below, in which she channels her inner, pistol-packing Root, and then hit play on the exclusive video above, where Sarah and the team decompress (only) a bit after the melee.

1. Willows says:

She’s like Root but at the same time she’s nothing like Root. It’s so confusing. I love it

2. Robin says:

Gosh dang it. I love Amy Acker but I thought this whole MacGyver thing was horrible and I hated the pilot. Agh, so conflicted.

3. Manu says:

The sneak peeks alone tell you this show is awful. I’ll download this episode just to see Amy Acker, cringe worthy dialogue notwithstanding.

4. Kevin K says:

Amy Acker will still be missed on POI but sadly this week’s episode of MacGyver is going to be the final time I’m going to watch it.

5. Ahoy says:

Well, I guess I’m going to watch MacGyver this Friday.

6. I love the original and I don’t think this is too bad….there is only Richard Dean Anderson, and those who didn’t like him, well, so be it…this needs a little work, but overall I found it compelling…they are trying really hard, give them a break and a few shows to get it together….everybody needs a job!!! I love George Eads in whatever he is in!!!

7. C says:

Comments are surprisingly free from Shoot shippers. They’ve harassed Amy on twitter after she posted that photo with George she even had to delete it.
    Adler isn’t going to die, right? I’m tired of seeing Acker’s character turning into dead love interest.

8. Wesley says:

The pilot was okay, but this episode was awful. Amy was awesome, as always, but had very little to do. Anyone wanting her to become a main on this is crazy, The two females in the cast right now can’t get any development. Amy needs her own show where she won’t be shoved to the side or be a love interest where her existence on it is dependent on another character.