Lady Gaga Super Bowl

Lady Gaga Confirms Super Bowl Halftime Stint: 'It's Not an Illusion'

It’s official: Super Bowl 51 is now the LoveGame.

Lady Gaga confirmed late Thursday that she will indeed headline the 2017 Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 5. The big game will air on Fox.

“It’s not an illusion,” the Grammy-winning singer-actress tweeted, a nod to her new single “Perfect Illusion. “The rumors are true. This year the Super Bowl goes Gaga.”

Gaga’s fourth album, Joanne, drops Oct. 21. It’s named after her late aunt who died from lupus at age 19.

As you’ll recall, Gaga impressed the NFL with her powerful performance of the National Anthem at last year’s Super Bowl.

Over the summer, Adele revealed that she was offered the plum gig, but turned it down. “I mean, come on, that show is not about music,” the singer told her audience at a Los Angeles concert in August. “And I don’t really — I don’t dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I did say no.”

Thoughts? Does the news warrant a round of ‘Applause’? What is your dream Gaga set list? Hit the comments!

1. dee123 says:

Good. She has the back catalogue for this. Hopefully Edge Of Glory is there. her best song imo.

2. Gina says:

This makes so much sense. Say what you will about Gaga, but she puts on a hell of a show.

3. Cody says:

She got the pipes for sure

4. Eric says:

I’m not a Gaga fan by any means, but I saw her at a festival a few years back and she puts on an amazing show. Although I’d love a return to classic rock acts, Gaga is a great choice.

• Thomas says:

I’d bet on GNR headlining in 2018. They probably would have been in the running this year if they didn’t already have shows booked in Australia and New Zealand, and I don’t think the NFL will want to wait another three years until the LA Super Bowl.

5. Nikolakis78 says:

We’re about to revert to Janet from all those years back. At least they’ll probably know to have at least a half a minute to a minute delay for Gaga. Unless she just shows up in a way that all you see is a blur on the screen…

6. Tom says:

Ok, this Super Bowl has to be Seahawks versus Bills in order for me to want to watch any of it now. And yes I know that’s never going to happen. And yes, I know, I can just not watch the halftime show, which I decidedly won’t. They seriously need to get better acts.

7. dman6015 says:

The geek in me says, What about Weird Al? His band is fantastic. He could even get some of the people he parodies to be there, like Lady Gaga.

8. Diane says:

Great news! She is a wonderful entertainer!

9. Cactus Rose says:

Excellent choice. She does put on a great show and that’s what everyone will need during half time….something entertaining to take their minds off the stress of the game! I agree – I hope she does Edge of Glory. Her best song – check her out on You Tube when she did it on Howard Stern’ show. He was almost in tears it was that good.

10. wrstlgirl says:

it’s gonna be EPIC!!!

11. Brigid says:

I’m just glad that we don’t have to deal with the classic rockers who I loved at one time but can no longer carry a tune. It was truly painful to watch some of those acts.